We visited with Keith Adams Yesterday

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Renz said:
Huff was solid last season. I'm not sure why he got such a bad rap from so many fans.

Missing tackles in key situations.

I saw it happen in person in Houston.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
I'm guessing because he's not Karlos Dansby! Or they would prefer to have Raynoch Thompson back... :shrug:

I'd rather have niether.

If you are saying Huff was a solid or adequate LB then I don't agree with that. Huff played poorly last year, and his tackling (which is a LB's main job) was awful.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Doc Cardinal said:
Adams could beat out Huff.

He's also better than any OLB that we might go after in later rounds of the draft.

His signing could help us concentrate on areas of need in the draft like the OL.

Why could Adams beat out Huff. It isnt because he is bigger, or becuase he produces more. It isnt because he played well last year becuase both Philly OLB were horrible last year.

Not saying he cant but why could the 225 lb. Adams beat out Huff.

Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
I'd rather have niether.

If you are saying Huff was a solid or adequate LB then I don't agree with that. Huff played poorly last year, and his tackling (which is a LB's main job) was awful.
Adequate is exactly how I would describe his play... Of course in my book adequate is a step below good, and good is a step below solid... He was an improvement to the Cardinals LB corps. Had Hayes been available Darling may have been the starter in Huff's position. Can the Cardinals improve that position? Certainly, but the reality is that there will not be an All-Pro at every position on the team. Some will be just adequate. Compared to Dansby, he will pale. In fact even Darling played better. But Huff's play was better than we would have gotten from, oh let's say... Johnny Rutledge. :cool:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Some people are selling Huff a little short here. Yes he missed tackles trying to get on the highlight reel. But he did have a solid season here:

69 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 FF, 3 Pass defenses.

Keep in mind, those 9 TFL put him in some elite company. If he can just become more consistent with his tackling (like AW) then he is a definate keeper on the outside or middle.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redsz said:
If he can just become more consistent with his tackling (like AW)...
I thoght that we were cutting Adrian. You know with all that lousy tackeling and costing us games.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would be mortified if Huff gets beat out by Adams. I'm telling you this dude was invisible last year.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Apparently we are still in the running for Adams according to his agent. His agent said that 5 teams have made him an offer including the Redskins but they dont like their offer at all. Us and Carolina are apperently the front runners out of the 5 teams. He is expected to make his choice in the next day or two.

I would still like to sign this guy to help our horrible special teams from last year. He and Hakim would be nice role player pickups.

Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Apparently we are still in the running for Adams according to his agent. His agent said that 5 teams have made him an offer including the Redskins but they dont like their offer at all. Us and Carolina are apperently the front runners out of the 5 teams. He is expected to make his choice in the next day or two.

I would still like to sign this guy to help our horrible special teams from last year. He and Hakim would be nice role player pickups.
I am just happy to see that the Cardinals front office is still quietly going about their business of attempting to upgrade the team! :koolaid: They are not just standing pat after having signed Edge.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser