Welcome to AZ Bobbie Massie

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like th FO might know what they are doing. Got a solid CB in the 3rd and still got the OT everyone wanted in the 3rd instead of the CB.

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!!!! Can't say how happy this makes me. Good job cards!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect RT

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This so reminds me when people were freaking out for Acho and then he fell to us anyway.

Keim and Graves have done an outstanding job this draft.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!!!! Can't say how happy this makes me. Good job cards!
Getting Massie after he dropped this far is fantastic and has really made the draft for me.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I cannot believe they got him now with all the whining going on with the 3rd round pick.:)

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
85 grade from NFLN, Jim Trotter just tweeted he asked some scouts why Massie fell and got 'I dont know' replies.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
85 grade from NFLN, Jim Trotter just tweeted he asked some scouts why Massie fell and got 'I dont know' replies.
That's good because I've been wondering if there was something we didn't know. He's great value.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MIke Mayock was stunned last night that Massie had not been picked. He stated on national TV that he was his best remaining player in the draft and thought he would have been gone. He said he was going to try and do some homework to find out

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Had my fingers crossed last night for Massie and it didn't work; added toes this time and PRESTO!!!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scouts Inc Grades him an 87, #39 overall.

Grades 1. Exceptional 2. Above Average. 3 Average. 4. Below Average 5. Poor

Production 2 "2009: (13/5) 2010: (12/12) 2011: (12/12) "

Height-Weight-Speed 1 "Excellent blend of height, weight and top-end speed. Small hands (9 inches) but excellent arm length (35 inches) "

Durability 1 Appeared in every game of collegiate career and ended on a 29-game starting streak.

Intangibles 2 The ability to provide for his mother played a role in his decision to declare for the draft. Sees football as a vehicle to change life for the better. Has improved diet since declaring for the draft.

Pass Protection 2 Above-average upside in this area. Sets too high and gets knocked off balance by power rush but ability to recover from initial power surge and reset is excellent. Protects the edge well even though initial quickness is just average. Effective kick step and appears to have long arms on film. Flashes the ability to knock edge rushers off balance with punch though needs to be more consistent in delivering it. While can redirect once locked on can overset to the outside and get beat to the inside at the snap of the ball. Top-heavy and vulnerable to pull moves.

Run Blocking 2 Quick enough to get into position and drives legs. Footwork could be crisper but has lateral mobility and balance to develop into an effective zone blocker. Washes defenders down the line when extends arms but fails to lock out at times. Doesn't generate enough surge as a drive blocker. Doesn't deliver a violent initial punch or roll hips on contact. Plays high. Leans and spends a little too much time on the ground. Engulfs linebackers when he can reach them but angles are inconsistent and has some problems adjusting to moving targets in space.

Awareness 3 Keeps head up and locates assignments when asked to combo block up to the second level. Appears to make sound pre-snap reads and can be seen pointing out assignment on film. Picks up blitzes and line stunts when keeps head on a swivel but can over commit at the snap and get caught out of position.

Toughness 3 Appears to have a short memory and negative plays don't snowball. Doesn't back down in phone booth and effort is average but more of a positional blocker than a mauler. Doesn't show enough of a mean streak and not a finisher. Benched 225 22 times at the combine but arm length has to be taken into consideration and upper body strength appears above average on film.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MIke Mayock was stunned last night that Massie had not been picked. He stated on national TV that he was his best remaining player in the draft and thought he would have been gone. He said he was going to try and do some homework to find out

Of course you never know, but I think this draft is shaping up to be as good as last year's. We are putting down a foundation to be really good for a long time. LOVE the Flemin and Massie picks.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I don't even recognize the team im cheering for anymore. This FO has the draft game down. Whata pick!

Still think we go get one of Starks, McNiel, or Pashoes for insurance

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This so reminds me when people were freaking out for Acho and then he fell to us anyway.

That was just me. Because I knew how good he was and didn't want to take a chance on not getting him. And 7 sacks and 3 Forced fumbles and a complete turnaround in the Defense in just 10 starts shows I was smarter than all those other teams GMs.

:D

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course you never know, but I think this draft is shaping up to be as good as last year's. We are putting down a foundation to be really good for a long time. LOVE the Flemin and Massie picks.

Totally agree.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Mayock hinted at motivational and work ethic concerns. Hopefully he has his head on right and is ready to go.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

It is pretty funny isnt it. Somers, Jurecki, and Urban were getting their twitters blown up with how dumb we were for not selecting Massie yesterday.

Now they need to be blowing up their twitters again with apology tweets.