OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt RT. Never has he played LT before. No reason to try and transition him to a new position IMO.

Joe do you think he will end up starting this year? Or do you think they will keep Bridges there?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Joe do you think he will end up starting this year? Or do you think they will keep Bridges there?

I actually even wouldn't rule out a older veteran with a year or two in the tank still being signed. Letting this guy learn for a year.

If not I think Bridges will be the starter going into preseason without a doubt IMO. That is just the way the coaches do it. It will be up to Massie to improve his biggest weakness IMO, which is his strength. IF he does that he has a shot at beating out Bridges towards the end of preseason.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Massie on his new motivation:

"I’m ready to strap on the pads & show teams why I should have been drafted earlier.”

from kent somers tweet.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Holy Crap. I just woke up and saw this pick. This is a dream come true. No second round pick and still nailed down three very, very good players.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
He already has good footwork for a player his size, and is a good pass-blocker. I believe it's easier to improve his run-blocking with strength training than it would be to try to get him lighter on his feet (a la Leonard Davis & Levi Brown). He get's blasted off his feet from time-to-time by a strong bull rush, but he doesn't give up which is a tough quality to teach at this level. From what I've seen of him, he does a rather good job of directing a pass rusher so that they run themselves out of the play.

I seriously doubt he starts right away, but he already possesses the tougher skills/qualities to teach. He should develop into a solid RT.

At worst, he'll be the next Jeremy Bridges.
At best, he'll be the next LJ Shelton.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
He already has good footwork for a player his size, and is a good pass-blocker. I believe it's easier to improve his run-blocking with strength training than it would be to try to get him lighter on his feet (a la Leonard Davis & Levi Brown). He get's blasted off his feet from time-to-time by a strong bull rush, but he doesn't give up which is a tough quality to teach at this level. From what I've seen of him, he does a rather good job of directing a pass rusher so that they run themselves out of the play.

I seriously doubt he starts right away, but he already possesses the tougher skills/qualities to teach. He should develop into a solid RT.

At worst, he'll be the next Jeremy Bridges.
At best, he'll be the next LJ Shelton.

Also played against the best in the SEC.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
I cannot believe they got him now with all the whining going on with the 3rd round pick.:)

That's reverse mojo....pass the crow sauce....now let's get some bpa's....a pass rusher and maybe even another ol.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about a draft just falling into place.

The Cards are like Zen masters just patiently waiting for players to drop into thier laps.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually even wouldn't rule out a older veteran with a year or two in the tank still being signed. Letting this guy learn for a year.

If not I think Bridges will be the starter going into preseason without a doubt IMO. That is just the way the coaches do it. It will be up to Massie to improve his biggest weakness IMO, which is his strength. IF he does that he has a shot at beating out Bridges towards the end of preseason.

Bridges is very valuable as a backup. But every time he has gotten to start long term he has struggled especially in pass blocking. There is a reason why he has been in the league so long, but has never become "the guy" as a starter.

It will be Massie and Snyder on the right side. I'm excited to see how they do. I'm hoping that is much better than Hadnot and Keith.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing that they got Massie where they did. Talk about a value pick, BPA, and filling a need all in one. Kudos to Keim, Graves, and Whis for doing a masterful job thusfar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out Keith coming back either.

Not a snowball's chance, IMO. Massie and Bridges on the right, Levi and the developmental Potter on the left. We even added a developmental guard. This team made a statement in the draft--we need to seriously upgrade our offensive line. And then they went out and did that. Fan-frickin'-tastic, and about time!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup grades out at an 85 and got in the 4th round?? Astounding really.

This draft was nails. Across the board. BPA in every round yet STILL filled areas of need. Just astounding, as you say.

And the Massie pick is phenomenal. We get Fleming AND Massie, when others would have just had taken Massie...super big stones on our draft crew.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting Somers tweet:

The technique critique is totally WTF...if there is ANYTHING that can be coached, it is freaking technique. Coming out early and technique accounting for a drop in rounds is a HUGE steal for the birdgang.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--n...-taking-robert-griffin-iii--kirk-cousins.html
Arizona Cardinals offensive tackle Bobby Massie – There were some people who felt that Massie, who came out following his junior season, could possibly go in the first round after he worked diligently with former Pro Bowl offensive lineman LeCharles Bentley. But Massie is still considered too stiff as an athlete and fell to the Cardinals in the fourth round. That could be to Arizona's benefit. Massie could easily end up as the starting right tackle by the end of training camp. He's a much better athlete than most people realize.