Welcome to AZ Bobbie Massie

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was just me. Because I knew how good he was and didn't want to take a chance on not getting him. And 7 sacks and 3 Forced fumbles and a complete turnaround in the Defense in just 10 starts shows I was smarter than all those other teams GMs.

:D
Seriously, I truly believe a whole lot of fans could draft as well as GMs. It's a modified crap shoot for anyone making picks.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
It is pretty funny isnt it. Somers, Jurecki, and Urban were getting their twitters blown up with how dumb we were for not selecting Massie yesterday.

Now they need to be blowing up their twitters again with apology tweets.

Already are.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mayock hinted at motivational and work ethic concerns. Hopefully he has his head on right and is ready to go.

Quite a change from yesterday isn't it when Massie falling had people saying we should stay away from him.

I sure hope I was right about good players sometimes falling for no real reason or because of some report about the player that turns out not to be reality.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We are owning the other 4 NFCW teams this draft. I think the first 4 Rams players taken aren't as good as our Top 3. 9ers are picking low but reaching. I don't know what the F--- Pete Carroll is smoking.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite a change from yesterday isn't it when Massie falling had people saying we should stay away from him.

I sure hope I was right about good players sometimes falling for no real reason or because of some report about the player that turns out not to be reality.

No doubt in my mind that Rod Graves learned a lot about making picks like this from Denny Green. The same thing happened to Dockett and Dansby.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was just me. Because I knew how good he was and didn't want to take a chance on not getting him. And 7 sacks and 3 Forced fumbles and a complete turnaround in the Defense in just 10 starts shows I was smarter than all those other teams GMs.

:D

Well you certainly could be the GM for the Jaguars. They do identify talent but typically spend to much draft value for them. :D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Mayock hinted at motivational and work ethic concerns. Hopefully he has his head on right and is ready to go.

That is where sometimes a guy who thinks he should go much higher might just get a chip on their shoulders or come to the realization that maybe something needs to change and needs to work harder.

I had another tackle I liked a little better, but this kid has the prototype body fit to be a tackle in the NFL. A ton of experience with a lot of tape against great competition. And as he stated in his conference call and I agree, he is a better pass blocker then run blocker, needs to work on the run game aspect. Being a better run blocker may come with better strength having only done 22 reps on the bench.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love it. We finally get a tackle who thrives in pass protection.

John Lott has a project.

I know this is overstated but I can't wait until Lott get's ahold of this kid.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow AZ FO, you have this draft down to a science. I believe we got Floyd as late as possible and we got Massie as late as possible as well. Good pick up, think Zerbie Sanders will fall to us in the 5th? Or would we not take him anyway?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had another tackle I liked a little better, but this kid has the prototype body fit to be a tackle in the NFL. A ton of experience with a lot of tape against great competition. And as he stated in his conference call and I agree, he is a better pass blocker then run blocker, needs to work on the run game aspect. Being a better run blocker may come with better strength having only done 22 reps on the bench.

:thumbup:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That is where sometimes a guy who thinks he should go much higher might just get a chip on their shoulders or come to the realization that maybe something needs to change and needs to work harder.

So is he a LT? Or does he go RT at first?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Well you certainly could be the GM for the Jaguars. They do identify talent but typically spend to much draft value for them. :D

That'd be me for sure. :) I don't care at all about draft value just talent so I'd be going to get the guys I wanted as soon as they were available. Probably from watching too many of the Cards drafts from back in the day when it seemed like every draft a guy we could really use and turned out to be all-pro was taken right before we picked.

But that appears to have changed recently. The Cards are taking the guys they want as soon as they become available and unlike in the old days guys that can help aren't getting taken before the Cards can get them. You do have to have some luck involved. You hear many GMs say they can't believe the guy was still on the board. Like the Cards. Just look how fast they are getting their picks in.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
So is he a LT? Or does he go RT at first?

He's a RT but he has good balance and decent feet so his pass protection skills can allow him to slide over to LT if he develops into a good right tackle.

seesred

Reaction score
LOve the pick. Great size and I like that the played 17 games at RT. He is our 3round pick with the corner a true #2.

GBR

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
We will get a great rating for our draft. This was the best pick in this round. Already thought they were doing a great job...now it is over the top. This guy was a steal here in the 4th. Kiper had him as the 2nd best tackle on his big board. I am loving the War Room today!