We'll be lucky to advance

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Watching this team with its wild ups and downs, we're going to have a really difficult time advancing in the Western Conference playoffs. We have NO discipline, we still don't play even adequate defense, we take too many games off, and we have a kid who could probably be the best player in the NBA, if he ever decided to mature, who has not come close to maturing. Yikes.

Seriously, will Amara finally start to grow up? He's a great player, but when things aren't going his way, he starts to pout through his play. Gets sloppy, forces shots that aren't there, and basically is willing to hurt the team on offense just to try to get his. On defense...well, that's about all you can say, because that's about all the defense he plays. Oh, he'll go for the pretty blocks, but he can't seem to learn to play BASIC DEFENSE, and gets shredded for it. I mean, he was getting schooled, OWNED, by a rookie 2nd rounder tonight. Disgusting.

Okay. Rant over, for now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amare has simply got to grow up and make it imperative that he rebound the ball. His numbers are pathetic as far as that's concerned. He's a feast or famine player on the boards and it seems like for every 15 board game, he's got a 4 rebound game. He's GOT to become more consistent. Luckily, he usually raises that aspect of his game come playoffs, but man it's frustrating.

Not overly worried though. The West is beyond tough and and we're still gonna have ups and downs. There's still time to work out the kinks.

I would like to see us reign in our seemingly non-stop bitching and complaining though. It's unnecessary and it's starting to seem to effect the way we're called. No one likes a complete and utter bitch. You've got to have some composure, and that starts with the coach who ALWAYS looks like he's ready to explode.

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
So predictable this is the first thread after the loss. Losing is part of the game, no team wins every game. We just played 2 really good teams and should have won at least 1. Relax damn.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Watching this team with its wild ups and downs, we're going to have a really difficult time advancing in the Western Conference playoffs. We have NO discipline, we still don't play even adequate defense, we take too many games off, and we have a kid who could probably be the best player in the NBA, if he ever decided to mature, who has not come close to maturing. Yikes.

Seriously, will Amara finally start to grow up? He's a great player, but when things aren't going his way, he starts to pout through his play. Gets sloppy, forces shots that aren't there, and basically is willing to hurt the team on offense just to try to get his. On defense...well, that's about all you can say, because that's about all the defense he plays. Oh, he'll go for the pretty blocks, but he can't seem to learn to play BASIC DEFENSE, and gets shredded for it. I mean, he was getting schooled, OWNED, by a rookie 2nd rounder tonight. Disgusting.

Okay. Rant over, for now.

I couldn't agree with you more. They need to pull their heads out of their asses. Amare more so than anybody else.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry, the negative nancys will go away again after Friday night.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So predictable this is the first thread after the loss. Losing is part of the game, no team wins every game. We just played 2 really good teams and should have won at least 1. Relax damn.

It's not about losing. It's about lack of effort and concentration. It's about being a little bitch- things don't go your way, you start pouting, throwing your hands in the air, taking bad shots, getting your asses handed to you by a rookie who was selected in the 2nd round.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Don't worry, the negative nancys will go away again after Friday night.

So, we should bury our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is cool. Pretend that mare is a great defender, pretend that Suns don't turn the ball over, that they don't give up 10+ offensive boards to a couple of scrubs?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see us reign in our seemingly non-stop bitching and complaining though. It's unnecessary and it's starting to seem to effect the way we're called. No one likes a complete and utter bitch. You've got to have some composure, and that starts with the coach who ALWAYS looks like he's ready to explode.
I really don't know what we can do to start getting the respect of the refs. Most coaches get in the refs ears and then their team starts getting calls, but it doesn't help us. Our players complain and get techs and that doesn't seem to change the refs calls either. Should we just bend over and take it like a bitch? How would that be better? Why would the refs respect a team that just sits there and takes it as they get screwed?

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
So, we should bury our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is cool. Pretend that mare is a great defender, pretend that Suns don't turn the ball over, that they don't give up 10+ offensive boards to a couple of scrubs?

2 losses against potential finalists. One was a close game and the other one got away because of silly mistakes and lack of effort on the boards. All things that can be corrected in the long run and they've showed glimpses of it already.

At least we know that they can compete with the elite teams, something that a lot of us didn't believe a couple of weeks ago. They will get back on track in Philly and NJ. If they come out 0-4 on this road trip, then start worrying.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
pretty soon the suns won't make the playoffs posts will start happening again... funny we go on a 2 game losing streak and all these new posters with 2 posts or less start talking trash

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
amare has simply got to grow up and make it imperative that he rebound the ball. His numbers are pathetic as far as that's concerned. He's a feast or famine player on the boards and it seems like for every 15 board game, he's got a 4 rebound game. He's GOT to become more consistent. Luckily, he usually raises that aspect of his game come playoffs, but man it's frustrating.

Not overly worried though. The West is beyond tough and and we're still gonna have ups and downs. There's still time to work out the kinks.

Amare is a mystery to me. I scratch my head at how focused he can be about attacking the basket, but then he walks around at the defensive end, seemingly dreaming about rainbows and flowers. Truth is, he needs to learn to put a butt on someone when a shot goes up.

Let's be honest about one thing though... win or lose, Diaw is such a loser. Night in and Night out... I can't stand that Frog.

I can understand why the Suns cry and complain so much, they get zero calls, while it seems other teams hack and abuse. However, at the end of the day, they need to be professionals. They need to understand you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. Nut up boys and keep the months shut. Celtics were the aggressor tonight. When an aggressive team comes hard at the Suns - the Suns show their true colors.

I think they have learned a little more tonight. Winning doesn't come to them anymore, they must earn it. I feel much better about the team today that I did two weeks ago. They are building for the playoffs slowly. Look at the positives - GG is a great addition to this team. Shaq is HITTING his Free Throws! Nash is shooting a good percentage. The Suns just have a few areas that need constant attention since they don't come naturally.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
pretty soon the suns won't make the playoffs posts will start happening again... funny we go on a 2 game losing streak and all these new posters with 2 posts or less start talking trash

Not from me, but i am seriously pissed off at this team....

.....and the officials :bang:

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I really don't know what we can do to start getting the respect of the refs. Most coaches get in the refs ears and then their team starts getting calls, but it doesn't help us. Our players complain and get techs and that doesn't seem to change the refs calls either. Should we just bend over and take it like a bitch? How would that be better? Why would the refs respect a team that just sits there and takes it as they get screwed?

Put yourself in the refs shoes. Are you going to respect a coach that rocks his head back and forth like a machine gun, gets red in the face and won't quit barking?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

:thumbup: My thoughts exactly.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Amare is a mystery to me. I scratch my head at how focused he can be about attacking the basket, but then he walks around at the defensive end, seemingly dreaming about rainbows and flowers. Truth is, he needs to learn to put a butt on someone when a shot goes up.

I blame it on the coaching staff.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
2 losses against potential finalists. One was a close game and the other one got away because of silly mistakes and lack of effort on the boards. All things that can be corrected in the long run and they've showed glimpses of it already.

At least we know that they can compete with the elite teams, something that a lot of us didn't believe a couple of weeks ago. They will get back on track in Philly and NJ. If they come out 0-4 on this road trip, then start worrying.

It's not about LOSING a game. It's about lack of effort and focus.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

well, I think we bitch and complain when it's not warranted a lot of the time, ESPECIALLY the Coach, going ballistic over everything. Also, there's a way to complain and get in an ear and then there's a way to just look like a baby trying to always show a ref up. That's what we ALWAYS do and it's pathetic and doesn't endear you to anyone.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout where were you a few games ago?

Hanging around, just kind of reading things (and poking fun at ambchang). Just the exact place I was when we were losing and couldn't do anything right. So, yeah, you can knock off the insinuation, pal.

I've watched a fair number of games recently, and when we're on, we're on. The problem is, we're off too damn often. In the playoffs, in a 7 game series, you have to be able to bring your A-game ALL THE TIME. We don't. And when we don't, we lose BIG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

who's "new posters" and who's talking trash? I see some people listing some concerns, some I think are warranted, some not, but if you want to turn this into a pissing/flame war, be my guest. I don't think that's warranted, but whatever...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Team that shows more effort gets the calls. It's always been that way and it always will. They have to stop bitching and crying and start playing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05