We'll be lucky to advance

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
who's "new posters" and who's talking trash? I see some people listing some concerns, some I think are warranted, some not, but if you want to turn this into a pissing/flame war, be my guest. I don't think that's warranted, but whatever...

Yeah, no kidding. I'm at over 10,000, thanks ;)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't mean all in this thread but that 14rings guy, and also another who just joined today

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al McCoy said it best tonight:

"You can not expect to get calls when you have played as soft as the Suns have played tonight."

But it's okay. I'm not jumping off bridges yet. Still a little way to go. We're not as good as our 7 game streak and we're not as bad as our 2 game streak. Still work to do and hopefully these two games, and tonight especially is a wake-up call that there's still work to be done, because there definitely is work to be done. Can it be? I don't know, but I'm sure as hell a lot more interested to find out than I was earlier this season and that's saying something... what, I have NO idea (trib to Rodney!).

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching this team with its wild ups and downs, we're going to have a really difficult time advancing in the Western Conference playoffs. We have NO discipline, we still don't play even adequate defense, we take too many games off, and we have a kid who could probably be the best player in the NBA, if he ever decided to mature, who has not come close to maturing. Yikes.

Seriously, will Amara finally start to grow up? He's a great player, but when things aren't going his way, he starts to pout through his play. Gets sloppy, forces shots that aren't there, and basically is willing to hurt the team on offense just to try to get his. On defense...well, that's about all you can say, because that's about all the defense he plays. Oh, he'll go for the pretty blocks, but he can't seem to learn to play BASIC DEFENSE, and gets shredded for it. I mean, he was getting schooled, OWNED, by a rookie 2nd rounder tonight. Disgusting.

Okay. Rant over, for now.

Why do you only come in here to crap on the team after a loss? It would be nice to see you once in awhile after a win.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem with this team is the complete lack of any discipline or urgency and it starts with D'Antoni.

I mean they had at least 7 or 8 completely inexcusable turnovers, where guys just were playing lackadaisical. This lack of discipline also manifests itself in the inconsistent and timid play of barbosa and diaw.

Just watch, if giricek (who seems to play focused and hard almost all the time because he's still got that sloan discipline) is here next year and mike is still coaching, you'll start to see him taking possesions off as well. Why? Because coach "Aw Shucks" will allow it.

I give Mike great credit for changing the offense and working in shaq, but how about getting on your players sometimes? Not getting pissed at boris every now and then, then apologizing the next day.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Amare is a mystery to me. I scratch my head at how focused he can be about attacking the basket, but then he walks around at the defensive end, seemingly dreaming about rainbows and flowers. Truth is, he needs to learn to put a butt on someone when a shot goes up.

Let's be honest about one thing though... win or lose, Diaw is such a loser. Night in and Night out... I can't stand that Frog.

I can understand why the Suns cry and complain so much, they get zero calls, while it seems other teams hack and abuse. However, at the end of the day, they need to be professionals. They need to understand you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. Nut up boys and keep the months shut. Celtics were the aggressor tonight. When an aggressive team comes hard at the Suns - the Suns show their true colors.

I think they have learned a little more tonight. Winning doesn't come to them anymore, they must earn it. I feel much better about the team today that I did two weeks ago. They are building for the playoffs slowly. Look at the positives - GG is a great addition to this team. Shaq is HITTING his Free Throws! Nash is shooting a good percentage. The Suns just have a few areas that need constant attention since they don't come naturally.

How true. Good post. I read most of the posts here and this one makes the most sense.

The Celtics had something to prove, since they were blown out in Phx. They too have been playing well as of late and the Suns really didn't compete that well. Their defensive intensity just wasn't there, team wise. The game here and the one they just played was day and night, although the Celtics missed alot of open jumpers here, still the Suns were lacking tonight.

Diaw needs to step up his desire if he wants to continue this game. He has so much talent. He seems to get lost with Amare demanding the ball all the time. He becomes a non-factor.

I also want to point out Barbosa and how sloppy he is with the ball. He can not handle the point, especially in the playoffs.

Last edited:

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
We lost to the Pistons and Celtics, both on the road. Yeah we have room for improvement and more importantly - Consistancy, but we can do some damage in the playoffs.

In a 7 game series against Boston or Detroit would be tough, but we could pull out a game 7. I agree that Amare needs to mature. So does Barbosa. Barbosa was a ghost out there tonight.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
well, I think we bitch and complain when it's not warranted a lot of the time, ESPECIALLY the Coach, going ballistic over everything. Also, there's a way to complain and get in an ear and then there's a way to just look like a baby trying to always show a ref up. That's what we ALWAYS do and it's pathetic and doesn't endear you to anyone.
Nash tried that approach for a long time and it didn't help him. I agree that D'Antoni needs to calm himself down. Amare yelling "And-1" probably doesn't help him either, but none of this should stop a ref from doing their job. The refs need to be professionals too and not let their emotions dictate how they call the game.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
My impression of the average ASFN poster

Oh damit another barbosa turnover.

Sounder plays: Meep Meep

God Barbosa is sooooooo fun! AMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
My Next Impression

If we go 2-2 on tis road trip it will a success, but halfway through the road trip it will be a complete failure until the end of the road trip when we go 2-2 and it will be average.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash tried that approach for a long time and it didn't help him. I agree that D'Antoni needs to calm himself down. Amare yelling "And-1" probably doesn't help him either, but none of this should stop a ref from doing their job. The refs need to be professionals too and not let their emotions dictate how they call the game.

oh come on. Were you saying this as we got call after call after no-call against SA a couple weeks ago? They let Shaq just destroy people in that game. Calls happen... the Pistons game was ugly (but again, on the road, when you have chances to put a team away and don't you've got no one to blame but yourself), but tonight we just got beat by a team that wanted it MUCH more than us. Even Al McCoy was calling us out as tissue paper soft tonight.

Remember, officials are just like everyone else doing a job. No one's perfect. Leaning on the refs, especially as much as we do, especially from the figure head of the team just ain't helping us at this point.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
oh come on. Were you saying this as we got call after call after no-call against SA a couple weeks ago? They let Shaq just destroy people in that game. Calls happen... the Pistons game was ugly (but again, on the road, when you have chances to put a team away and don't you've got no one to blame but yourself), but tonight we just got beat by a team that wanted it MUCH more than us. Even Al McCoy was calling us out as tissue paper soft tonight.

Remember, officials are just like everyone else doing a job. No one's perfect. Leaning on the refs, especially as much as we do, especially from the figure head of the team just ain't helping us at this point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When the Suns lose, they will barely make the playoffs. If at all. I'm sick of all these people that cry that the sky is falling so quickly. It's unbelievable. Suns fans have always been fickle--and bandwagonners--but this season sets a new low.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Why do you only come in here to crap on the team after a loss? It would be nice to see you once in awhile after a win.

I don't. When we first got Shaq but we were struggling to win, I started a thread proclaiming the fact that we were going to win it all, thank you, Chris. I actually refrained from commenting in the negative when we were struggling to get it together with Shaq and were in danger of not making the postseason. I'm just tired of seeing efforts (or lack thereof) like the detritus we had to watch tonight. Championship teams don't play like that. They have maybe one or two games like this for an entire season. For us, we have one every few weeks. In the playoffs, that doesn't translate well.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
When the Suns lose, they will barely make the playoffs. If at all. I'm sick of all these people that cry that the sky is falling so quickly. It's unbelievable. Suns fans have always been fickle--and bandwagonners--but this season sets a new low.

Well Chap, it's because we've had some pretty sickening losses. Like I just posted, how many championship teams have more than a handful of losses similar to these? They don't. We just don't keep our heads in the game often enough, and terrible losses like this ensue.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I am known as the post-***** here and going overboard from time to time, but you take the cake with this post.

You lack complete basketball knowledge if you count out the Phoenix Suns in the playoffs because of 2 losses.

Last time I checked, we match up pretty well with most of the top teams in the West and can go out and win any series.

Save your judgement until they are knocked out of the postseason or better yet, hold it deep inside...

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this year any team will be lucky to advance out of the first round in the Western conference.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
If the Suns can cut the turnovers, they'll be just fine. Stop worrying.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I am far from the sky is falling mentality. We have an even record against the #1 team in the country. My confidence in this team will grow even stronger come playoff time. A 7 game series will be in the Suns' favor imo.

Also keep in mind: We are the only team that has yet to lose 3+ in a row.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Well,what matters is the team we'll play against.

Honestly,i would prefer us to play against Houston,Dallas/Denver etc.So,since we wont be in top 4,i hope we get lucky to play against Houston.In fact,I believe when standings are clearer after 6-7 games,some teams might even intentionally lose to play a preferred play-off team against a low rank but strong team.Houston is #2 but weakest (with dallas) among 8 western play off teams.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I am known as the post-***** here and going overboard from time to time, but you take the cake with this post.

You lack complete basketball knowledge if you count out the Phoenix Suns in the playoffs because of 2 losses.

Last time I checked, we match up pretty well with most of the top teams in the West and can go out and win any series.

Save your judgement until they are knocked out of the postseason or better yet, hold it deep inside...

Well, I guess you lack complete reading comprehension, since you haven't been able to READ my posts. It's not these two losses. The loss to the Pistons was a tough one, but not too disheartening. The loss last night is similar to more than a few losses we've had this season. We simply zone out and stop trying far, far, far too often. Until we gain a little more consistency, we're going to be in danger of early elimination, and we're almost at the playoffs.

Last time you checked, you were wrong...we do NOT match up pretty well with most of the top teams in the West. We have an abysmal record against the top Western teams. Heck, that's blared at us on just about every telecast. So yeah, thanks for trying to completely denigrate my position, but it's not nearly as uneducated as you think.

If you don't like it, don't read it. No need to try to insult my intelligence or whine about me. Don't like it? Don't read it. Or try to disprove it. So far, I haven't heard anything more compelling than 'stop whining'. I need a little more proof that we can be more consistent before I gain more confidence moving forward.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well,what matters is the team we'll play against.

Honestly,i would prefer us to play against Houston,Dallas/Denver etc.So,since we wont be in top 4,i hope we get lucky to play against Houston.In fact,I believe when standings are clearer after 6-7 games,some teams might even intentionally lose to play a preferred play-off team against a low rank but strong team.Houston is #2 but weakest (with dallas) among 8 western play off teams.

Yeah, I'd prefer Dallas or Houston at this point myself.

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
omg andrew where are you, you need to set these foos straight boy you are the man andrew..**** dog

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05