We'll be lucky to advance

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
I am known as the post-***** here and going overboard from time to time, but you take the cake with this post.

You lack complete basketball knowledge if you count out the Phoenix Suns in the playoffs because of 2 losses.

Last time I checked, we match up pretty well with most of the top teams in the West and can go out and win any series.

Save your judgement until they are knocked out of the postseason or better yet, hold it deep inside...

you tell them mu ****a!!! andrew..got damn son..

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andrew
I am known as the post-***** here and going overboard from time to time, but you take the cake with this post.

You lack complete basketball knowledge if you count out the Phoenix Suns in the playoffs because of 2 losses.

Last time I checked, we match up pretty well with most of the top teams in the West and can go out and win any series.

Save your judgement until they are knocked out of the postseason or better yet, hold it deep inside...

Andrew ownz all! :notworthy

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
It really depends on matchups at this point. The West is so evenly matched that any team could be knocked out in the first round.

The Suns match up poorly against the Lakers, Denver (if they make the playoffs), NO, Utah.
Matches up OK with GS, Spurs, Mavs.
Matches up well with the Rockets.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Hornets will win the West cuz they have a guy named West. Last time the Suns won the West, they had a guy named West.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This post is reactionary. Give me a break. Everything is about match-ups. Even though the Suns still have some work to do (eliminating turnovers, rotations, getting something going with Nash goes to the bench), I think your overreacting a tad if you think we can't beat some of the top 8 teams and advance.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This post is reactionary. Give me a break. Everything is about match-ups. Even though the Suns still have some work to do (eliminating turnovers, rotations, getting something going with Nash goes to the bench), I think your overreacting a tad if you think we can't beat some of the top 8 teams and advance.

Sure, we CAN, but WILL we? I don't think you should call it overreacting when you're talking about fixing basic basketball at the end of the season. That's what's killing us...the basics. If we don't have it together by now, we're in trouble. That's all.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, we CAN, but WILL we? I don't think you should call it overreacting when you're talking about fixing basic basketball at the end of the season. That's what's killing us...the basics. If we don't have it together by now, we're in trouble. That's all.

Don't agree. Most teams didn't add a major piece this late in the season. All that matters right now is missing the playoffs. The team that peaks in the playoffs stands the best chance.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Don't agree. Most teams didn't add a major piece this late in the season. All that matters right now is missing the playoffs. The team that peaks in the playoffs stands the best chance.

Right, but will we be peaking then? It seemed like we were, but no club can be said to be peaking and have the performance we had. Sure, we added a major piece late, and it took some big adjustments. At this point, though, we need to be in synch. We aren't. We have good stretches, but we lapse far too much. That's a problem that's pre-Shaq, and if we haven't been able to fix it by now, I'm worried that we won't be able to.

Now, all of that said, and this thread aside, I'm going to be pulling for my Suns as much as possible. Man, I begged, borrowed, and killed to watch that painful Spurs series last year. I desperately hope we can make a run, and maybe even win a title.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned the Suns have had really only one lapse game out of the past nine, and that was last night. They played well in Detroit and during the winning streak, generally speaking. I'm bothered by inconsistency as much as anyone, but I don't think one game out of nine is enough to start sounding the alarm. Remember, the Celtics-Suns game in Phoenix was just as bad the other direction.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I don't know who those people are or why they are supporting me, but Stout...I didn't mean anything in regards to your intelligence by my post, even if I said it...I apologize.

I think we do match up fairly decent to a few top teams...when you got Shaq, Amare and Nash...you have as much of a chance, if not more, to win.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
The playoffs are about to start, this would be the most exciting playoffs I would ever witness yet. You don't have a clue who will advance. Well, I'm just predicting that the Rockets won't win a series, yet again.. :D

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I don't know who those people are or why they are supporting me, but Stout...I didn't mean anything in regards to your intelligence by my post, even if I said it...I apologize.

I think we do match up fairly decent to a few top teams...when you got Shaq, Amare and Nash...you have as much of a chance, if not more, to win.

Fair enough, and thanks for the apology. I think we CAN match up well with a few top teams, but WILL we match up well. I'm just worried that the playoffs are almost here and we still haven't fully put it together yet. We really need to focus fast, IMO, or else.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05