Well, Blake did get one good throw off today!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know, you guys say these things don't count, but hey, they did use REAL receivers today, and with no defense (unless you count cardboard cut outs) he couldn't hit the receivers doing pitch and catch. C'mon guys, that HAS to worry you a little. Yes I am a Charger fan. No I am not still but hurt about Leaf. We ended up getting our receiver Boston anyway. For the record, my ultimate SuperBowl would be seeing the Chargers play the Cardinals. Just because I am a Charger fan doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see the home state team win! I just think you guys are getting too geared up about Blake. Hey, I have told my Charger friends not to get too wild about Boston. I have watched enough Cardinals games to know he isn't going to fix all our problems. Unless the Cardinals get their offensive line situation fixed, Blake will be worse than Plummer. At least Jake could run and buy some time. Maybe Emmit helps Blake, but if the Oline stinks it up again this year, it's nine men in the box, stop Emmit and sack Blake.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You know, I realized that I didn't care about anything you thought when you came on here, with very little class, and acted very childish about getting Boston.

No one cares. :wave:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yuma
Unless the Cardinals get their offensive line situation fixed, Blake will be worse than Plummer. At least Jake could run and buy some time. Maybe Emmit helps Blake, but if the Oline stinks it up again this year, it's nine men in the box, stop Emmit and sack Blake.

O line stinks? Now I know that you no absolutely nothing about the Cardinals.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easy, Krangky. Yuma is a long time ASFN member and a Suns fan.

Blake has a decent track history and looked accurate at minicamp. If he screws up, We'll probably play McCown. Either way, it will all work itself out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion

Blake has a decent track history and looked accurate at minicamp. If he screws up, We'll probably play McCown. Either way, it will all work itself out.

You're right.

I'm just way to defensive when it comes to the Cards.

Yuma: Sorry. I was a jerk, but I really didn't like how you acted when the Chargers signed Boston.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If Blake sucked he would have lasted this long in the nfl.

He has a point about Plummer being able to buy more time, I have to agree there. But Plummer didnt do much else better than Blake.... Well, besides vs a prevent defense. :rolleyes:

Blake will be ALOT better at running a consistant offense. That will make a huge difference. The defense will not be forced into so many short field situation from turnovers.

Turnovers are the #1 desciding factor in win/loss % Replacing Jake will give us the best chance of winning for that reason alone.

Are we really debating this over a QB challenge?

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by BEERZ
If Blake sucked he would have lasted this long in the nfl.

Well ne QB can last long. What about scott mitchell,jeff george, etc. I agree with mostly everything else you said.

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
As long as the O-line can stay healthy, Blake will most certainly be better than Jake, if just for the fact that he is less likely to take the chances that Plummer would routinely take. That being said, if we suffer big injuries and cannot establish any sort of running game, Blakes immobility will be exposed. We need smash-mouth, clock controlling football.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AndyO
, Blakes immobility will be exposed. We need smash-mouth, clock controlling football.

I fully agree with the last statement. But, I think Blake's immobility is being greatly exaggerated on this thread. Both he and Plummer have exactly the same rush average: 4.8 ypc. I'm not saying he's more elusive than Jake, I don't think he is. But, he's certainly not a Drew Bledsoe either.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion

And that excuses him for being a jackass when Boston signed with San Diego how, again?

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
jeff is still athletic and threw the best spiral in the competition. he will do very well this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
I fully agree with the last statement. But, I think Blake's immobility is being greatly exaggerated on this thread. Both he and Plummer have exactly the same rush average: 4.8 ypc. I'm not saying he's more elusive than Jake, I don't think he is. But, he's certainly not a Drew Bledsoe either.

True. He does get sacked more than Jake, but he's far from a statue. Part of the sacks are related to being willing to hang in the pocket and wait for the play downfield to open up instead of moving.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
O line stinks? Now I know that you no absolutely nothing about the Cardinals.

Hey both the Chargers AND the Cardinals had problems on the Oline last year. You had one guy play all 16 games last year for the Oline, and he would probably be a backup if you had all your guys healthy. Yeah, I would call that Oline problems. As far as me being an A$$ about Boston, you are right. I was mostly mad at the owner, Bitchwell, because you guys are going to get a new QB, and then they go out and trade the best WR on the staff? I'm sorry about the Boston thing. I think I came off the wrong way on that. :(

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hey both the Chargers AND the Cardinals had problems on the Oline last year. You had one guy play all 16 games last year for the Oline, and he would probably be a backup if you had all your guys healthy. Yeah, I would call that Oline problems. As far as me being an A$$ about Boston, you are right. I was mostly mad at the owner, Bitchwell, because you guys are going to get a new QB, and then they go out and trade the best WR on the staff? I'm sorry about the Boston thing. I think I came off the wrong way on that. :(

But we only had o line problems due to injuries. The Chargers had o line problems because the line wasn't very good.

And you are wrong, LJ Shelton started all 16 games, and he is one of our more consistent and talented o lineman. The Cards o line is actually quite deep with Raleigh Roundtree, Chris Dishman, Cameron Spikes, and even youngsters Tony Wragge and Steven Grace, all backing up our starting line of Shelton, Kendall, Garcia, Davis, and Clement.

You can have Boston. While he is a very talented player, he is one of the biggest headcases that I've seen on a Cardinals team. His team leading 10 drops, with only 32 catches shows you that he doesn't have very good hands, and a lot of the those drops were on third downs and other crucial situations.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I know, you guys say these things don't count, but hey, they did use REAL receivers today, and with no defense (unless you count cardboard cut outs) he couldn't hit the receivers doing pitch and catch. C'mon guys, that HAS to worry you a little. Yes I am a Charger fan. No I am not still but hurt about Leaf. We ended up getting our receiver Boston anyway. For the record, my ultimate SuperBowl would be seeing the Chargers play the Cardinals. Just because I am a Charger fan doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see the home state team win! I just think you guys are getting too geared up about Blake. Hey, I have told my Charger friends not to get too wild about Boston. I have watched enough Cardinals games to know he isn't going to fix all our problems. Unless the Cardinals get their offensive line situation fixed, Blake will be worse than Plummer. At least Jake could run and buy some time. Maybe Emmit helps Blake, but if the Oline stinks it up again this year, it's nine men in the box, stop Emmit and sack Blake.

At least Jake could run and buy some time. <-- like a chicken with his head cut off!

Are you by any chance talking about the NFL QB Challenge ?
If you are then WHO CARES!??!?!? It is not in a game, and it is not with defenses all around you.

Hey Yuma lets get this started the right way.

Who is better Brees or Blake? Well lets see at the end of the season.

Who is better Boston or Boldin? Well lets see at the end of the season.

So you got a coke head WR, and a rookie QB with 1 good season. Hmm lets see that last rookie I know with a 1 good season with that oaf Mitchell from Miami.

By the way who is on your offensive line? And do you have any defensive lineman?

Yuma go and talk to your own fans about your team. Because the way I look at it your gonna be last in your division.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Well, Blake did get one good throw off today!

Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
At least Jake could run and buy some time. <-- like a chicken with his head cut off!

If you are then WHO CARES!??!?!? It is not in a game, and it is not with defenses all around you.

So you got a coke head WR, and a rookie QB with 1 good season. Hmm lets see that last rookie I know with a 1 good season with that oaf Mitchell from Miami.

By the way who is on your offensive line? And do you have any defensive lineman?

Yuma go and talk to your own fans about your team. Because the way I look at it your gonna be last in your division.

I don't know if I agree, but I know SD won't be last in the division....that honor goes to the team formerly known as the Broncos.

I hear that they are changing the team mascot from a Bronco to a donkey. :D

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I only saw the first day of the Challenge and to tell you the truth I was a little scared at his accuracy. Sure I will not gage this as the true test put I thought he would for sure bounce back with the real receivers. Did anyone watch the second day??? I am just wondering if he was over throwing or under throwing the receivers? If he is over throwing that means we have faster receivers he is used to?? Anyone got some info.....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
I only saw the first day of the Challenge and to tell you the truth I was a little scared at his accuracy. Sure I will not gage this as the true test put I thought he would for sure bounce back with the real receivers. Did anyone watch the second day??? I am just wondering if he was over throwing or under throwing the receivers? If he is over throwing that means we have faster receivers he is used to?? Anyone got some info.....

Remember this is taped so it could be Blake was in his downtime when he did this. In other words some of the guys are in better shape and sharper than others. I know last year Garcia said that because he'd finished last the time before, he worked out and made sure he was sharp so he wouldn't embarass himself. He won last year.

I really don't worry about that stuff, by all accounts Blake's arm strength has been excellent in camp, that's why we signed him he's never been a pinpoint accuracy guy. In fairness he's never been in a system that gives him a ton of easy throws either. 2 years ago he completed over 70% of his passes behind the line and 0-10 yards. While that sounds remarkably easy, Jake was only 67% behind the line and 64% 0-10 yards, that was Jake's last year in the WCO before we shelved it. So you can see the impact of not getting the ball downfield it allows the defense to creep up and take away even the underneath passes which make the WCO go.

Given Sullivan's claims to want to play an attacking vertical system I don't expect Blake to get 60% this year either.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
In watching Blake over the years, and talking to longtime Bengals and Ravens fans, the big knock on Blake is his height. He has problems seeing over the line. This effects his ability to complete the medium-range passes.

Blake needs an o-line to open passing lanes so he can step up into the pocket and see the field. Otherwise he is guessing and tends to force some balls when he isnt able to see the whole field.

Blake cannot be effective if he doesnt have that passing lane open. He will not be as creative (if thats what you want to call it) as Plummer scrambling around back there.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Re: Re: Well, Blake did get one good throw off today!

Originally posted by RugbyMuffin

Sorry to say it but i would rather have boston and brees than blake and boldin. I can deal with boston. Give me all the screw-ups in the NFl and i could have a SB contender. I could care less about morale i care about how this team can win. Rugby where do you get anything you say? Chargers last? try first, Brees also started 2 years ago toward the end of the season and played extremely well. They also have marcellus wiley on their defense. They also have raylee johnson who some of you might not know but he is an adequate DE. He has 26.5 sacks the past 3 years hes started. With LT,Boston, and brees the offense should be good. I just dont understand where you got last place from?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There isn't anyone in their right mind who wouldn't rather have Brees and Boston than Blake and Boldin.You don't even know that Boldin will make it out of camp.I'm assuming he will,but he could also be a total bust.I've been quiet on the Blkae thing lately because he won't need me to show his true colors and ability.I predict by mid-season we'll be clamoring for the JOsh Mccown era to begin and Blake will be bitching about being put in a no-win situation with all the young WR's.