We're #22

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score

petelondon

Reaction score
OK fair enough it is too early to judge teams but Detroit at 24 and the comment :

24. Detroit. If the Lions were in the NFC West, they might win it this year. They're making significant progress -- assuming Ndamukong Suh is the genuine item and Kyle Vanden Bosch has something left.

That's harsh!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has San Francisco just ahead of us and Seattle winning the division at number 11. Fortunately for us, Peter's not often right.

Steve

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Seattle is #11? That is great.

"biglaugh:

He had them winning the division last year as well.

But, I think #22 is fair.

Questionable defense, loss of a lot veteran leadership, new QB with questions, and a history that has made an impression that has latest throughout any sucess this team has shown.

As for King's Lions reference. The Lions would have to fight to keep out of the basement of the West. That is just your usual dig at the Cardinals and the West. A dig that would not be made if Seattle or San Fransisco won the division over the last few years. I also love that our victory over the Packers was called a fluke as well. Good to see that the NFC team that were champs 2 years ago, and who beat his #1 team last year, and lost to the SB Champs last year is still a joke in his eyes.

But what do you expect from King ? As he admits, he is HORRIBLE at this kind of thing. For good reason, King is not a fair and balance writer. He is pure East coast all the way, and self-admittedly so. You got to take him for what he is, and enjoy that he loves football, and puts in a 100% effort in trying to report on the entire league, yet falls prey to his own interests and forgets that there is a US past the MIssisippi.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Seattle #11!? LOL!!!! No crediblity... And that comment about the Lions is just plain stutpid...

King= dumb arse...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seattle #11!? LOL!!!! No crediblity... And that comment about the Lions is just plain stutpid...

Yeah, I have more of a problem with the Seattle position and the Lions comment than ranking us at 22. How in the world do you say the Lions might be better than any team in the NFC West and rank them 13 spots lower than the team you pick to win the NFC West. We'd pretty much have to play all 16 games inside the division for those numbers to work out.

Steve

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the NFC West is such a joke why do they always win playoff games? It's not like Seattle or AZ went 1 and done over the last several years.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I continue to laugh at the people who already write Leinart off before a down has been played.

If the NFC West is such a joke why do they always win playoff games? It's not like Seattle or AZ went 1 and done over the last several years.

Every division in the NFC that has 2 NFC Championships in the past 5 years raise your hand...

He's a dunce who lives in the past and holds old stereotypes against the NFC west.

"Hmmm St. Louis, AZ, Seattle are all crappy teams, SF is good they have that Montana guy right?"

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Seattle is #11? That is great.

"biglaugh:
well they are almost as good as carolina...sarcasm.

the detroit comment seems like he must have pounded a 12 pack and smoked some crack before he typed that. the fact that he doesn't have detroit last surprises. to me that's the safe pick for 32.

green bay number 1?

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're Not #22...

One writer rates us #22.

Good for him.

Don't get sucked in. The only ratings that count are W's & L's

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Love it!!!

This team thrives off of the negative publicity. Get used to this until we convincingly win another division crown, this time with Matty under center.

I'll tell you this. Take this exact team, put silver with blue star helmets on them and have an owner named Jerruh and we'd be ranked much higher.

In other words: Cardinal perception is part of this formula.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Peter king is a jackass. This is hardly surprising.

Why are so many of the prognosticators not very high on Matt? Even on our own board we have more, it appears to me, who do not have high hopes for him than do? This is sort of scary. All we can do is wait and see how it all plays out. My concern is I do not like Plan B. Remember when plan "B" was Kurt Warner? Now that was a legitimate Plan B.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
He wasn't exactly kind to seattle either - pretty much dumped on the entire division, but had to put one team up with the rest of the playoff teams - which explains the high ranking

i really don't take most of what he says seriously, even though I generally like his style

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
TJ;. In other words: Cardinal perception is part of this formula.[/quote said:
The only thing that bothers me about this is it seems all the other traditional doormat teams in the NFL like Seattle andTampa Bay were given much more respect m much earlier once it appeared their franchises turned a corner.

Oh well, who cares as long as Cards win!!!
iwin.gif

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, I have more of a problem with the Seattle position and the Lions comment than ranking us at 22. How in the world do you say the Lions might be better than any team in the NFC West and rank them 13 spots lower than the team you pick to win the NFC West. We'd pretty much have to play all 16 games inside the division for those numbers to work out.

Steve

Especially since they lost to all four NFC West teams last year getting outscored 100-60.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially since they lost to all four NFC West teams last year getting outscored 100-60.

Suh is going to be good but I don't think he's gonna be that good. Peter King needs to take a few logic pills and re-write his column.

Steve

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't even worry about what people write about the cardinals.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seattle #11 while were are at #22?
We just owned them last season. Remember the first game? We kept their offense off the field the entire 1st quarter. We were like 3 scores up before their QB even took a snap.