Western Conference Semifinals Game 3- Suns @ Mavericks Game Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calling ALL LA Peeps - Ouchie, me, Chap are meeting for Game 4 at Hollywood Billiards @ 5750 Hollywood Blvd. for the game where we RIP THE FREAKING HEART OUT OF DALLAS - who's in?!

THat was sick - just sick - sick - I'm still shaking. I will NEVER say another bad word about Marion - he played the role of Finley tonight with those HUGE CLUTCH THREES! Sick - the manchild has simply become a MAN - AWESOME.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Good thing TNT wasn't givng post game

Charles: The Suns did nothing in this game Dallas played bad, Dallas will win. I am better than Amare..me me me me me.
Kenny: What Dallas has to do to win against this average team is pound Amare he is a below average player.
Magic: IZ agreez Amare is soft. I have to go, I bet you're all wonder why I am still alive well it's the cash.

FU Charles
Amare > Barkley

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
incredible. one of the gutsiest games i've ever seen by the suns.

you all know that cheese and i are not ones to badmouth the reffing, but man, we had to play against them as well tonight. and we played undeterred. amazing, truly inspiring.

can't wait for sunday.

DB . . . pure and simple . . . D-friggin'-B.

that's right, and right now I am listening to Avery Johnson complained about the officiating. He is complaining about the fact that Nowitzki did not go to the line more.

Hey Avery, it's because Nowitzki goes to the basket weak.

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Good thing TNT wasn't givng post game

Charles: The Suns did nothing in this game Dallas played bad, Dallas will win. I am better than Amare..me me me me me.
Kenny: What Dallas has to do to win against this average team is pound Amare he is a below average player.
Magic: IZ agreez Amare is soft. I have to go, I bet you're all wonder why I am still alive well it's the cash.

FU Charles
Amare > Barkley

Its funny. For some reason I decided to look at your post thinking that something may have changed over the past few days.

Of course not.....

BTW - Kenny picked the Suns, and Magic LOVES Amare.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
that's right, and right now I am listening to Avery Johnson complained about the officiating. He is complaining about the fact that Nowitzki did not go to the line more.

He does it becuase it works, the officials are so weak in the NBA they cave to anything the coach says.

RichDawg

Reaction score
Any questions about Nash getting the MVP? I chuckle at the national radio talk show hosts that make arguments for Shaq deserving the award. Nash leads us with one of our top players injured to regain home court while a fat, out of shape Diesel watches his team win without him. Not that Shaq has really done anything in his series, anyway, besides mouth off controversial quotes about people he's not even playing against (Jerry Buss, Eric Dampier).

Wake up, doubters! Nash & company are on a mission!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just finished watching the game, had to TiVo it a bit. What an effort! The Suns really didn't play well in the first half, but they got just enough breaks to stay close. I wasn't sure what to think when Dallas tied it with four or five minutes left, but then the Suns came out tough and the Mavericks just choked it away.

It's strange how the Nash-led Mavericks teams were mentally soft, but the Nash-led Suns are mentally strong. Maybe the difference is in the All-Star seven-footers...

Please win Game 4! I think the Suns really felt a lot of urgency about this game, especially after having lost Game 2 in the final seconds. Now is the time to stay hungry and not take anything for granted.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Amare's response in the press conference....

"What you think about Steve Nash's performance?"

"What you talking about the MVP, the MVP always plays great"

Love that response

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
elindholm said:
It's strange how the Nash-led Mavericks teams were mentally soft, but the Nash-led Suns are mentally strong. Maybe the difference is in the All-Star seven-footers...

Hmmm... since Amare is only 6-10

I guess you are talking about Hunter, I never knew he was an all star but he had a great night tonight playing 2 minutes and picking up one foul

jk :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Hmmm... since Amare is only 6-10

Heh, right, I was trying to come up with a clever way not to identify them by name, but that didn't work. Oh well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Joe Mama

yeah beeyatch!

You tell 'em Joe.

I officially now hate this SOFT BREED OF PUNKS otherwise known as the Mavs!

I've never been more content to sit at home and do nothing but watch Sportscenter and Fox Sporst Arizona all night - that was AWESOME.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Calling ALL LA Peeps - Ouchie, me, Chap are meeting for Game 4 at Hollywood Billiards @ 5750 Hollywood Blvd. for the game where we RIP THE FREAKING HEART OUT OF DALLAS - who's in?!

I'M IN! :wave:

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
This team is approaching mythic heroism to me. I've never been so proud to be a fan. Great win. :notworthy

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Very gutsy win by the Suns - Nash and Amare were GREAT!!! What the hell happened to Dirk? He looks like a shadow of his former self - another 33% shooting night. He seems tentative to me - even last night he had the game winning shot, but before that he was almost invisible in the 4th quarter. Hopefully it continues, but I doubt Dallas will shoot 6 percent 3 pointers again so we need to take it hard again Sunday.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What a great win!!! I was worried at halftime with the way Dallas was parading to the FT line and with our foul trouble, but optimistic because the Suns were up by 1. Amare was unstoppable tonight and played solid defense. His 5 blocks and hustle rebounds were amazing. Oh yeah.......and his dunks were awesome. He was the total package tonight and has been playing great for the last month on both ends of the court.

Nash was unbelievable tonight too. He got to the basket at will and made great pass after great pass. He also played decent defense and did some good double teaming on Dirk to take him out of his comfort zone.

Jim Jackson also had a solid game and really made a huge impact with the 3 tip-in baskets and timely 3 pt shots. His defense still wasn't great, but it was good enough.

I thought Q played a very solid defensive game, drew a couple of charges and got important rebounds. He didn't get his offense going, but still hit some good 3's.

Marion was just classic Marion........he's everywhere, hitting huge shots and played great defense on Dirk.

jibikao

Reaction score
All I can say is Nash + Amare = OWNS.

Nash's penetration and Amare's dominance totally destroyed Mavs' defense. They DID NOT KNOW who to guard and HOW TO GUARD. Nash was penetrating so easily 'cause they were worried about Amare and then when they do guard Nash, there goes a dunk by Amare. This is a killer combo.

I really think Nash brought his MVP game tonight. He was in control in the 4th quarter all the time. And that left hand hook shot over Dirk is classic. lol

Jim Jackon is AWESOME.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
goldseraph said:
but I doubt Dallas will shoot 6 percent 3 pointers again so we need to take it hard again Sunday.
But they hopefully will not parade to the line like they did in the first half. That alone kept them in the game. It was ridiculous.

jibikao

Reaction score
Treesquid said:
ESPN "The new and improved Stockton and Malone"

I think Amare + Nash is even better. I was a big fan of Malone/Stockton when they went to the Final. Their combo was never this deadly 'cause many times they just relied on Malone's jumpshot. Stockton couldn't penetrate as fast as Nash and he certainly couldn't finish with his left hand that well.

Amare has more dominance in the paint and partly because Amare is a lot more athletic.

Man, I wish Nash isn't 31 years old... can you imagine if Nash is only 20 something. How bright Suns' futuer is...

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope the suns keep pointing out the mavs got more free throws to destroy avery's claim. I say this, because unfortunately in the nba playoffs, a lot of the posturing by coaches in the playoffs in the past, has worked.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What a great win!

I wish the national media would recognize Shawn Marion though. Why not mention the fact that he's shutting Dirk down as best anyone can while giving up 5 inches, and just missed another double double (and we're not talking 10 points/10 rebounds he's consitently in the 20's in points). Wish he'd get some more respect.

That being said, Amare and Nash are just unbelievable! If they continue at this pace they'll easily outpace Stockton/Malone (by the way...how many championships did THEY win?) Amare is a monster and if he continues this defense next year may be HIS MVP season...but this season Nash has just been THE epitome of what a basketball player should be. Clutch tonight!

Q is the scrappiest player on this team. Always slipping into the paint to take a charge, grab a board or knock a ball away. The great thing about him though is he LEARNED this because when he was on the Clips he was just an offense guy. What a great commodity to have and a huge pick up this offseason.

And thank you Bryan C for picking up Jimmy! He was HUGE tonight!

I'm very giddy after this win...I need to flip a car or something! J/K

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I have to say though, Dirk was getting a lot of contact in the 2nd half and the refs swallowed their whistles. It seems like every time Amare makes a move he gets the call. Perhaps it is totally legitimate but I could see being annoyed if I were a Mavs fan.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05