Western Conference Semifinals Game 5- Mavericks @ Suns Game Thread

jibikao

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I only watched the last part of the game, but the Suns showed a lot of poise at crunch time. They showed they are capable of winning through defense and rebounding. Who'd have thunk?

It is too bad that Hunter and Barbosa weren't more effective. Unfortunately, this is not the kind of opponent that suits their talents. Against the Spurs, Hunter will be crucial for the Suns to have a chance.

Yup..Nash made about 3 bad decisions in a row. He was looking too hard to pass the ball. He should have shot it when he had the chance.

But if it weren't for Nash's triple double and such high % shooting in the first half, I don't think we would have won this game.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch the stat that Dallas has yet to win in the playoffs when they shoot less than 45% from the field? How many times have the Suns won shooting less than 45%? Is that more indicative of a poor Dallas defense?

Am I the only one yelling at the TV due to a perceived Dallas bias on the part of the TNT announcers?

How does Flop Nowitzki merit his own Nike commercial? :)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Am I the only one yelling at the TV due to a perceived Dallas bias on the part of the TNT announcers?

LMAO!

The Dallas fans can't shut up about how the announcers were having a love fest for the Suns.

I thought it was pretty balanced.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I was raised to think that anyone not named Al McCoy was against the Suns. :)

SirChaz said:
LMAO!

The Dallas fans can't shut up about how the announcers were having a love fest for the Suns.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
LMAO!

I thought it felt like they focused on Nash and Amare the whole game :)

Mike

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
LMAO!

I think it was pretty balanced too. But, the Suns can be so entertaining, I think announcers naturally get more excited about them.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Barbosa is very young and is making mistakes, but last night in two times down the floor on defense, he stopped Finley and Stackhouse from scoring with his tight defense. Then shortly after stripped Jason Terry of the ball.

McCarty actually played decentl even though he did not score.

JJax was "HUGE" in the 4th quarter!!

A great win, and now for a close out in Dallas...........I would like to see JJ play in that one, even for a few minutes to give them a lift, but do not think that is going to happen.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I thought it was funny becuase when Flopwitski got hit in the eye it looked like he had eye shadow.

We were calling him Dirkita, most of the rest of the game:)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
I thought it was funny becuase when Flopwitski got hit in the eye it looked like he had eye shadow.

We were calling him Dirkita, most of the rest of the game:)

Dirkita Flopwitski is a good one. I was confusing my wife by calling him Vlade.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
JPlay said:
Another big key for the game was Q staying out of foul trouble, Nash and Stoudemire making an effort to defensive rebound. As you can see when Q is in the game is really helps the team's rebounding. When Barbosa is in he gives up defensive and offensive rebounds.

Q was in foul trouble most of the game. That is why he only played 33 minutes.

The comment by someone else earlier about Qs poor shooting affecting the rest of his game is way off base IMO. Last night he couldn't hit anything, but he set the tone early on the offensive boards. I mean he went in there after every shot, and pulled down 5 Oboards.

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
I loved Q's energy and the way he attacked the rim, even when things weren't going well. He played smart most of the time. He did get in foul trouble but didn't help the team at all with some of the fouls. He was going after the ball which is all you can ask for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan