What are you biggest concerns heading into to the new 2024?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Outside of the obvious pass rush/edge rusher concerns.

Here’s mine:

1) a new LG & RT. I think both are question marks on a Oline that was better than average last season & outstanding in the run game. Continuity counts & it could take weeks for them to jell as a unit. I still have questions about Brown & Williams in the pass pro. Cross your fingers

2) JG & his gambling chasing points on 2 pointers instead of kicking it. Also gambling on 4th down. We saw it last season & many times he made the wrong decision…screw analytics there’s a time & place

Happy 2024 season everyone!!! Go Big Red

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% agree kick the extra .95% of the time… and I do believe he goes for it on fourth down to often on the wrong side of the field…. But it does make it interesting.

I don’t think he’s using analytics when he makes his decisions most of the time

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Has there been any report on the injury status of Williams and if he is going to miss any time?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there been any report on the injury status of Williams and if he is going to miss any time?
I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that he had to miss 3/4 of the game he’s probably gonna miss some time

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I forgot to add since we’re playing the Lambs this week

3) JG better figure out how to start beating the Niners & Lambs or it will aid in his firing. He & Rollis haven’t shown they can defend either team defensively yet & struggled just like the previous staff did. Sure they are still lacking some more pieces on defense but it’s gotta stop soon or both will be coaching elsewhere.

Isn’t DBs JG’s specialty? The Cards DB room was the worst in the league last season on pass breakups & I believe only had 1 last week. Come on coach, we need more from you & your staff.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I forgot to add since we’re playing the Lambs this week

3) JG better figure out how to start beating the Niners & Lambs or it will aid in his firing. He & Rollis haven’t shown they can defend either team defensively yet & struggled just like the previous staff did. Sure they are still lacking some more pieces on defense but it’s gotta stop soon or both will be coaching elsewhere.

Isn’t DBs JG’s specialty? The Cards DB room was the worst in the league last season on pass breakups & I believe only had 1 last week. Come on coach, we need more from you & your staff.
If we only win five or six games this season (which would be a major disappointment), Gannon’s seat will definitely be warm in 2025.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Offensive line depth is my biggest concern. Historically offensive line injuries are hard to avoid. In turn the risk of injury to Murray is clearly greater with a porous line. This was an unforced error with cap space available. I like Ossenfort, but this is a rookie mistake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky