What are you waiting to see this year?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Alright!

Whether you are drinking the Kool-Aid or hanging in the shade with the darksiders there has to be something, positive or negative, you want to see OUT ON THE FIELD in 2007 more than anything else.

What is it?

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I want to see Edge run behind Terrell Smith who is running between Lutui and Brown.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd like to see Anquan Boldin complete his first pass as a professional, preferably to Larry Fitzgerald, preferably for a 70 yard TD.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what Russ Grimm does with out O-Line.

I was watching the first day of Cardinals Mini-Camp on the NFLN this weekend. The showed a lot of Russ Grimm working with the O-Line. You could really see what a teacher he is.

In one drill he had the linemen pulling and hitting a gap. He was really working on the linemen getting to the gap quickly and not wasting any movement. Then he had the linemen hit a guy holding a bag when they entered the gap. It was clear he wants speed and aggressiveness from his OL.

In the second drill he had the 5 O-linemen go against different defensive fronts 4-3 and 3-4. Each linemen had to know their responsiblity. They would repeat the drill until everyone blocked the correct guy. You could just see that Grimm really knew his stuff. You could also see how some guys have some studying to do.

I think that Grimm is the biggest offseason pickup for the Cardinals. If he can get this OL on the same page, the Cards could be really dangerous!

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what Russ Grimm does with out O-Line.

I was watching the first day of Cardinals Mini-Camp on the NFLN this weekend. The showed a lot of Russ Grimm working with the O-Line. You could really see what a teacher he is.

In one drill he had the linemen pulling and hitting a gap. He was really working on the linemen getting to the gap quickly and not wasting any movement. Then he had the linemen hit a guy holding a bag when they entered the gap. It was clear he wants speed and aggressiveness from his OL.

In the second drill he had the 5 O-linemen go against different defensive fronts 4-3 and 3-4. Each linemen had to know their responsiblity. They would repeat the drill until everyone blocked the correct guy. You could just see that Grimm really knew his stuff. You could also see how some guys have some studying to do.

I think that Grimm is the biggest offseason pickup for the Cardinals. If he can get this OL on the same page, the Cards could be really dangerous!

So in a nutshell you want to see the O-Line block........don't we all :D

Agreed.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So in a nutshell you want to see the O-Line block........don't we all :D

Agreed.

O line....of course. However I would like to see a consistant effort and should we lose it is not because of really stupid sideline decisions or poor mgt. We are going to lose games (duh), let it be on the field sans stupidity.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
O line....of course. However I would like to see a consistant effort and should we lose it is not because of really stupid sideline decisions or poor mgt. We are going to lose games (duh), let it be on the field sans stupidity.

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Composure in the face of adversity.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I want to see a pass rush. I'm tired of watching the opposing QB have all day.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
I want to see a an offensive line that can put games away with a lead in the fourth quarter. (a team that can run the ball)

I also want to see a defense that plays four quarters every week. The past two seasons; the defense has been too up and down.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I want to see an improved OLine as well as an improved DLine with the new addition of Branch.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I want to see Matt Leinart's TD to INT ratio improve like Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb did in their second season of actually playing.

For Manning and McNabb that would be year two. For Palmer it would be year 3 (2005) since he didn't play at all as a rookie.

So, you could say I want to see Matt pass better.

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
I want; (1) a dominating O-Line, (2) a solid and consistant pass rush, (3) a D-Line that gives up < 100 yds per game, and (4) a winning season (i.e. > 8 wins)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I want to see a few things... 1) I want to see a consistent, good running game that opponents have to respect. 2) I want everyone in our secondary not named Wilson learn how to make an INT. and 3) I want the best players starting from game 1 without any thought to their salary or draft status.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Since everyone has essentially said the things I'd like to see, I'll add one more:

- I wanna see the Cardinals Cheerleaders nekkid. :D

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to a few 80 yd TD drives done exclusively on the ground. Now wouldn't that be something?

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Since everyone has essentially said the things I'd like to see, I'll add one more:

- I wanna see the Cardinals Cheerleaders nekkid. :D

That will increase attendance I will tell you that!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For starters:

- Edgerrin James hits the hole and finds that nobody's there (they've been erased by Levi Brown and Deuce Lutui). He keeps on running and running until he runs into the wall behind the end zone.

- Opposing RB takes it up inside. Except there is no inside - the hole turns into a brick wall named Alan Branch (or Gabe Watson; take your choice - share & share alike).

- Leinart throws a deep high ball down the middle seam to Leonard Pope who plucks it out of the air and motors 40 yards for a TD. On his next opportunity from scrimmage, Leinart throws the same pass to Pope with the same result. Etc.

- Pass to the TE or RB in the flat is blown up to smithereens by the human bowling bowl (aka Buster Davis).

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score
No more stupid clock management mistakes! I want to see a team where all the players and coach's are on the same page, not tripping over themselves trying to execute the 2 min drill.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I hoping to see that Bill Gates just donated all his money to me because he drew my name out of a hat, and I'd like to see 10 regular season wins by the Cardinals...... in one season, not spread out over 3 or 4.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
A team that looks like it was prepared by coaches who took the time to prepare..... i.e. translate the scouting reports into a gameplan that makes sense and/or morph that gameplan when the opposition figures out what we're up to. I'm still flabbergasted that we committed to letting Edge and Urlacher go one-on-one in the second half of the Bears game. We all knew who was gonna win that one. Damn Denny.... Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!