What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buzzcocks
Bouncing Souls
Street Dogs
Ducky Boys

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Planet Earth, Prince

His purple badness is back and as good as ever.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fall Out Boy
Avril Lavigne
Maroon 5
+44
Norah Jones

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Check out the new Dizzee Rascal.

British hip hop, very minimalist, DnB influenced beats and crazy vocal style...

Dig it!

Whoa. Gee!, I had no clue I posted this. I was Googling Dizzee and this post came up. It was on page 2 of this thread from 2004. Man this stuff makes me feel like time is flying by...

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the wonders of Amazon.com I recently bought some CDs that I haven't been able to find in forever. First up was Rhythm Collision's "Clobberer." I've been looking for this album for years and the record label doesn't even have it in stock anymore. This is one of my all time favorite albums. The other two albums I bought were Mouthwash's "1000 Dreams" and "Sounds from the Credenza" by Dave's Big Deluxe.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jesus, Ass, all you had to do was ask! Id be more than happy to get you a copy of our last CD if you want it. If you paid more than 2.33 for Credenza, you got hosed!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus, Ass, all you had to do was ask! Id be more than happy to get you a copy of our last CD if you want it. If you paid more than 2.33 for Credenza, you got hosed!

I think I paid about $2 for a new copy. Don't spend that royalties check all in one place.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bwahahahah! We still owe the label 1800 bucks from advanced CDs when we were touring. And we came about 5000 sales shy of recouping anyhow! HA! I did see the label guy walking down broadway a couple years ago....

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Dropkick Murphys................... The Meanest Of Times

If this CD doesn't get you pumped up nothing will.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
The Dropkick Murphys................... The Meanest Of Times

If this CD doesn't get you pumped up nothing will.

:thumbup: It's on my list. Nothing like a little DKM for a pick-me-up on the way to work.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This rings true to this day.. Im only trying to be me.. Same Ole Gee.. Remember that? lol.. Was hanging with my folks today.. Heard a bunch of stories aboubt my knucklehead ass that I wanted to forget...

I drink 40's thats my blood.. I love my family.. Thats my blood..

Same Ol Gee!

Check it out... This my theme song.. It R&B..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=taqfVZTq8Kw

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been in a ska punk mood lately:
Suicide Machines
Less Than Jake
Mouthwash

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Danko Jones is my choice of the day.

My friend in LA is buddies with Dave from the Eagles of Death Metal, so I've been listening to a lot of their stuff lately. What a solid rock and roll band!

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Sunshine Superman", "Jennifer Juniper", "Hurdy Gurdy Man", "Mellow Yellow" etc are my faves. My dad had his 1969 Greatest Hits on vinyl and I listened to that religiously. To me.. he impacted so many...especially was a major influence of Beck (mainly in his lyrical style).

I've been listening to a lot of earlier REM over the past week..it's just overwhelming how horrid they've become over the years. Also, been in an early-mid 90s kick, listening to such bands as Cracker, Garbage, Letters to Cleo, the Breeders, Candlebox, Brother Cane, and Pavement.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Sunshine Superman", "Jennifer Juniper", "Hurdy Gurdy Man", "Mellow Yellow" etc are my faves. My dad had his 1969 Greatest Hits on vinyl and I listened to that religiously. To me.. he impacted so many...especially was a major influence of Beck (mainly in his lyrical style).
One of my favorites is Ricky Ticky Tavi.

("when I was younger I believed there were organizations to kill my snakes for me. i.e. the government. i.e. the church. i.e. school.")