What Bands Have You Been Listening To Lately?

Reaction score
:thumbup: I'm not a huge Blues fan but without his influence groups like the Stones and Cream would be unrecognizable. He influenced more 60's and 70's artists than perhaps anyone.

Steve

You are right. A lot of early Stones, Led Zeppelin, & Clapton songs were early blues songs. Robert Johnson is one I consider the Godfather of the Blues.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right. A lot of early Stones, Led Zeppelin, & Clapton songs were early blues songs. Robert Johnson is one I consider the Godfather of the Blues.

Yeah, but Buddy was often referred to as the bridge between blues and rock and that style resonates through Hendrix, Cream, early Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Zeppelin and so many others. I lean more to the slightly mellower side with crossover artists such as Arthur Alexander (most overlooked pop, rock, country blues artist ever) and OC Smith.

Steve

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You mean they have more music than the Charlie Brown theme?

As for me, I have been stuck in a John Mayer rut lately...

I would recommend any of these:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I would recommend any of these:

Very good stuff!

I was being somewhat sarcastic earlier in questioning whether there was more to Vince Guaraldi than Charlie Brown. I actually have a lot of his stuff in my collection and on my Ipod. But it was because of the Peanuts specials that I became interested in his music and looked for more.

Incidentally, Cast Your Fate to the Wind was the inspiration for Guaraldi getting the Peanuts gig. The producer just happened to hear it by chance on the radio and then hired the Trio to provide the score for the TV specials.

This is some very soothing music. Put this on in the background during the next rainy day. It will make you feel good.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I was being somewhat sarcastic earlier in questioning whether there was more to Vince Guaraldi than Charlie Brown. I actually have a lot of his stuff in my collection and on my Ipod. But it was because of the Peanuts specials that I became interested in his music and looked for more.

Same here. I knew of Guaraldi because of the Peanuts, what actually got me interested in him, and a lot of this kind of jazz was:

Great stuff indeed.

:D And yes I picked up on the sarcasm. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like his Impressions stuff better. Amen is a great song and I love the way Gypsy Woman sounds on a good system. Mayfield's original version of Gypsy Woman is so much better than the Brian Hyland cover.

Steve

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florence + The Machine, Bruno Mars, Lori McKenna

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
New Decemberists, Hi Life Companion, Starf*cker, LCD Soundsystem. Tapes-n-Tapes, Simian Mobile Disco.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Simian Mobile Disco.

I will tell you this. Not exactly the genre of music I listen to.

But there is absolutely no way I can sit still, or not tap my feet to these guys when I hear them.

You must be registered for see images

"I got the purple kool-aid filled swimming pool."

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering what's going on in Egypt as I type this I decided a little background music was necessary. So I've chosen The Nackers, a rowdy, subversive L.A.-based Irish band of scoundrels. Songs of Michael Collins, Sinn Fein and the IRA. Ulster Go Bragh.

Last edited:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will tell you this. Not exactly the genre of music I listen to.

But there is absolutely no way I can sit still, or not tap my feet to these guys when I hear them.

You must be registered for see images

"I got the purple kool-aid filled swimming pool."

For as approachable as that track (and hilarious!) is, their new record is straight nightmare inducing techno insanity. Makes me feel like a Terminator. Totally infallible. They are super talented.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Featuring the extraordinary Imelda May.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steve Martin and his five-string banjo: The Crow. Produced by John McEuen. Just a couple of good ol' Orange County boys who made good. No, make that a couple of Bun-O's who made good. That would be the Orange County term.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05