What did Amare do?

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
Came across this article. My question is what did Amare do to deserve bad press. :shrug:

4. Item: As the U.S. Olympic team has struggled just to stay in contention for a medal, several things have come to light. The NBA has far too much control over USA Basketball, turning it into a marketing tool of future stars as opposed to a national team prepared to compete at the highest level of international basketball. Two of the most publicized young players -- Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire -- have been childish mopes, not buying into the team concept and detracting from the team overall.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7598373

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My3Suns said:
Two of the most publicized young players -- Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire -- have been childish mopes, not buying into the team concept and detracting from the team overall.
Amare was 5 minutes late for a meeting. He later claimed he was delayed in the training room. I wonder, too, if there's more to it.

I'm not aware there is a "team concept" on this years USA team. Not when you look at the lack of overview in selecting their members.

OP
OP
M

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
If you mean the first incident with him A.I. and Lebron why wasnt either of them referred to as childish mopes.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if Amare Stoudemire has been one of the people Larry Brown is complaining about at least he's kept his mouth shut. I just hope the media focuses on Carmelo Anthony because he's too stupid to say the right thing or just stop talking altogether.

BTW I believe Amare Stoudemire was actually just one minute late to the meeting. I doubt that has anything to do with the statement in this article anyhow.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
M

My3Suns

Rookie
Reaction score
I sent this to the writer of the article if he responds Ill post it.

I want to know why you would consider Amare Stoudemire a childish mope. I would agree with you that Carmelo is really acting out, but to even mention Amare's name with Carmelo is crazy. I am not at the Olympics in the locker room with the USA Basketball team and if you are I would view your statement as more credable. All I ask is if Amare was truley acting childish please explain why you feel he was rather than just associating him with Carmelo Anthony.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrote a similar question to Mike Kahn. I just asked if he really had any reason or information that would back up his statement that Amare Stoudemire had been a childish mope because that was really the first we have heard of any problems with him.

I do like LeBron James, but I'm convinced that he can do no wrong at this point in the eyes of the media.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Didn't you know there will be a comic book that has Lebron James using his basketball skills in the underground to capture the title "King of Basketball".

:rolleyes: