What do you guys think?

jjjcardsfan85

Reaction score
I can see the cards signing a vet like Max starks or Andre smith then go olb and saftey in first two rounds. What do you think?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Signing a vet Olineman...nope!
A OLB & S in rd 1&2...you betcha!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point I think other than Cribbs (which seems to now be after the draft) we aren't signing anyone else until after the draft.

Then we might pick a couple of veterans up (beyond Cribbs), though we have time and no need to rush. (and obviously UDFA's)

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can see the cards signing a vet like Max starks or Andre smith then go olb and saftey in first two rounds. What do you think?

I go with a OT or a defensive rusher in rounds 1 & 2 if there are good ones there. I will let our staff do the picking as they spend lot of time studying these guys. My judgement on what we need is not far off as to who we need as you do not need to be a football genius to figure that out.

Being in a division with Seattle and SF is going to make it very hard for us in years to come. It will be some time until we can be an 8/8 team. That is liveable with me as long as we are drafting good guys and signing some good FA. Certainly not like my 100 loss Cubs with clueless ownership and leadership. Theo Epstein should go back to Boston. If we do not lose 100 games again this season I will be surprised. Our new owners are intent on building a circus around Wrigleville and the city has approved a $50 million dollar renovation while our payroll has shrunk by $30 million dollars and we traded away most of our best players. Where do we find owners like the Ricketts? They were not even the high bidders for the Cubs. I assume the other owners who had to approve the new owners did not want a buyer who wated to win.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Neither one of the vets you mentioned will be signed by the Cards so they will draft O-line rd 1 and def rd 2 unless there is an O-line prospect that falls to them.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Not convinced the veterans available are better than what we'd get at #7 overall. We signed Chico Rahal and that will be it IMO.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
At this point I think other than Cribbs (which seems to now be after the draft) we aren't signing anyone else until after the draft.

Then we might pick a couple of veterans up (beyond Cribbs), though we have time and no need to rush. (and obviously UDFA's)

I still think BA would like to T Max Starks for insurance, especially if they draft a tackle and move Potter and/or Massie inside to guard.

Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

If the price is right on Andre Smith, I think you could be right on the money.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Andre Smith is not worth a pair of shoe laces. I think the football world has seen Smith peak already. There is a reason he is a free agent, because he is not playing football unless he is paid big money. That is a huge red flag for a player that was very average up to his contract year, and he doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to work ethic.

There is a definate possibily that the Cardinals can go OLB and S in rounds 1 and 2. But it would just be another case of the Cardinals not investing in an offensive lineman and they will suffer for it.

Just makes absolutely no sense to not put a priority on the offensive line when there is a dire need for in within the organization and the up comming draft has a more than normal amount of depth for those positions.