What do you want/expect to see saturday?

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
I don't want a whole new strategy. now is not the time to reinvent the wheel. I want to see more energy on the boards, and i want to see quicker rotations off the double teams. i want to see JJ shadow Parker all over the court and force him to take jumpshots. i want to see amare continue to attack the hoop and force the ref to make the call (he's done a great job of that thus far).

I expect spurs will get the benefit of the doubt on calls on their home court. I expect us to put up the fight of the season. i expect to be entertained, win or lose.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
JJ playing up close on Ginobli. Riding his hip like they do us. Or trapping Ginobli with two players to get the ball out of his hand.

Also, don't leave Horry. All he has is a 3 point shot. He can't drive.

Continue putting Hunter on Duncan.

Go for the block or the hard foul. Use more guys off the bench for fouls if you have to. Suns have to start matching the defensive intensity.

Also, Amare has to be more agressive on the boards and Hunter and him have to step out for the block, not wait and try to block it after it's already up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JPlay said:
JJ playing up close on Ginobli. Riding his hip like they do us. Or trapping Ginobli with two players to get the ball out of his hand.

JJ will almost certainly guard Tony Parker in the game, while Nash sticks Bruce Bowen.

OP
OP
playstation

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
JJ will almost certainly guard Tony Parker in the game, while Nash sticks Bruce Bowen.

while i agree with that strategy, this means with our small lineup, q is on manu...this is not good.

the hope here is amare becomes a great on the ball defender over the summer, and we come back next year able to run our small lineup against spurs: jj on parker, nash on bowen, marion on ginobili, q on rasho/nazr, amare on duncan.

alas, hoping for any suns player to spend the summer working on defense may be too much to ask. i fear amare will become an unstoppable 3 point shooter before he decides to pay attention to defense.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
playstation said:
while i agree with that strategy, this means with our small lineup, q is on manu...this is not good.

the hope here is amare becomes a great on the ball defender over the summer, and we come back next year able to run our small lineup against spurs: jj on parker, nash on bowen, marion on ginobili, q on rasho/nazr, amare on duncan.

alas, hoping for any suns player to spend the summer working on defense may be too much to ask. i fear amare will become an unstoppable 3 point shooter before he decides to pay attention to defense.

Q is better at guarding Manu than Nash is at guarding Parker. Don't forget that it was Shawn Marion that got killed by Manu repeatedly in the fourth quarter... not Q. He hasn't been great, but Q has played Ginobilli better than any other Phoenix Suns player this year.

Joe Mama

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. The only thing I believe will happen is that Shawn Marion will be AWOL again.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect to see lots and lots of waves from the beach in Sandy Eggo.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What I would like to see is the suns blow them out on there own home court what I do expect to happen is the same as the 1st two games except worse officiating. JJ will give us a lift emotionally to start things off but the emotion will be gone by the end of the half. I don't expect JJ to have a great game I think he will be a little rusty and maybe a little tenitive.but I will be hoping for the best! :thumbup:

jibikao

Reaction score
I am watching Heat's game now.

I know Nash has been creating all kinds of shots to other players but I really think D'Antoni should let other players create their own shots as well.

I am watching Damon Jones now and he just drives inside the lane and take a jumper over Billups.

How come Barbosa/Q rarely do that?

I mean there is a reason why Nash runs out of gas 'cause he always has to keep dribbling and penetrating 90% of the time when he is on the court.

I guess this is where we miss JJ offensively 'cause JJ can create for his own shots.

I just would like to see more variety of offense... unless it's a bad idea 'cause we are getting about 55% of shooting from Nash and 55%+ from Amare so far. It's really tempting to go through them....

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Huh? Nash guarding Bowen? No way. Nash will continue guard Parker, JJ will guard Ginobili.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Huh? Nash guarding Bowen? No way. Nash will continue guard Parker, JJ will guard Ginobili.

Nope. I'll place a bet on that. It's almost a certainty that Nash will guard Bowen, allowing JJ to guard Parker.

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Nope. I'll place a bet on that. It's almost a certainty that Nash will guard Bowen, allowing JJ to guard Parker.
Hey, that's cheating!

You watched the regular season games. :D

jibikao

Reaction score
Bowen HAS NO OFFENSE. He only has 3pt shot and he refuses to take advantage of Nash.

We've seen it during regular season that Nash CAN guard Bowen. lol

And if JJ can deny some of Parker's penetration, it will release a lot of burden from Nash and reduce easy baskets.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I want to see the Suns start the game without spending the first quarter figuring out they have play as hard and smart as they possibly can to beat SA. The first quarter holes we've found ourselves in have been just as responsible for the losses as the Spurs' cold-blooded shooting in the fourth. Get a lead early and make the Spurs fight uphill the bulk of the game.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This would never happen because it goes against skillball, but I'd love to see a starting lineup of Nash, Q, Marion, Amare & Hunter. I'd also like to see Jake Voshkul coming into the game to give Hunter a break guarding Duncan. Have JJ & JJ2 come in to give Marion, Q & Nash some rest. Leave McCarty on the bench.
I think it'll be expecting too much to have Joe Johnson starting and playing a lot of minutes.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd love to see a starting lineup of Nash, Q, Marion, Amare & Hunter.

Even if that lineup doesn't start, it has seen quite a bit of time so far in this series (or with Jackson instead of Richardson). I'd guess it's been 20 minutes per game so far, maybe even more.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I think Joe will be ready to run by Saturday. I think his ball handling will make a huge difference. The x facor is his decision making comming off of a concussion.

Put the pedal to the floor. Stop the stupid turnovers.

Score the ball. Make them score 120+ again. Defend the rim and make them shoot outside. They have been wearing Tim Duncan out, keep up the pace.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Bowen HAS NO OFFENSE. He only has 3pt shot and he refuses to take advantage of Nash.

We've seen it during regular season that Nash CAN guard Bowen. lol

And if JJ can deny some of Parker's penetration, it will release a lot of burden from Nash and reduce easy baskets.

Getting an easy defensive assignment would really help Nash's offensive game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Nash's offensive game needs help?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
elindholm said:

Nash's offensive game needs help?

I was thinking about the end of the game.

When Nash has to work hard on defence and play a lot of minutes he makes turnovers and comes up short on shots in the last few minmutes.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I definitely noticed that during the regular season. It hasn't seemed as much a factor in the playoffs, but I might not be paying attention in the right way.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
devilalum said:
I was thinking about the end of the game.

When Nash has to work hard on defence and play a lot of minutes he makes turnovers and comes up short on shots in the last few minmutes.

The shot that put them up 102-100 looked pretty good. :shrug: