What happened with the fans after the game?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I caught a bit of it on tv - supposedly some fans started getting on Denny as they were exiting the field after the game. Then they said a fight broke out? Not sure if they meant between fans in the seats?

During the presser they asked Denny about the fans and he said "he's not even going to say anything about that."

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
During the presser they asked Denny about the fans and he said "he's not even going to say anything about that."

When you lose, the world's against you. These cards fans have suffered too long. Win some games. That's my take.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
vince56 said:
These cards fans have suffered too long. Win some games.

It's astonishing really how every year it seems like we're 1-4 and end up with a top 10 draft pick. And the one year we actually started 4-2 we still ended up in the cellar.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green was on the New American Sportsman on ESPN sunday morning fishing for Striped bass and bluefish off Nantucket. Maybe the fans were Peta people taunting him for fishing. :D

OP
OP
DeAnna

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
So that's what a whizzinator looks like? I thought it had straps.

:biglaugh:
I think Russ forgot to change the sig under his new avatar.

Nobody seems to know what happened?? Did Denny get into a shouting match with the fans??

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
So that's what a whizzinator looks like? I thought it had straps.

No but I must confess when I changed my avatar I didn't realize the whizzinator comment was going to be tied to a phallic shaped bottle. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I don't boo.

But if Dennis and the players have a problem with fan outrage, my only question to them is:

If the fans didn't care enough to boo, how would you feel about that?

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
I don't know but that place was empty. Like 15,000 people there, one of the smallest crowds I remember.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Russ = fishing dork.

:D

Actually stupid ESPN changed their whole sunday lineup, I got up expecting to see a saltwater fishing show called SPanish Fly(host is Spanish and fly fishes) and instead caught the tail end of Green fishing.

They did show him at his wife at a clambake and he was raking in the food, no mystery where that stomach comes from.

OP
OP
DeAnna

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Actually crowd was over 38,0000.

They said a fight broke out (I think they said in the stands) so I'm guessing that some stupid Panther fans decided to berate them as they exited and some Card fans got into them about that? :shrug:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
English on tour said:
i thought 37000 tix were sold before thursday!!

There were. And, there were very few no shows, if any. He must have a short memory. I've seen many smaller crowds.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
There were. And, there were very few no shows, if any. He must have a short memory. I've seen many smaller crowds.
I guess so, every week I go there it suprises me again. I don't think 38,000 people were there. I can believe 38,000 tickets were SOLD.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
i think that a win last night would have put (kept) 10000 on the gate for the Titans game!

i hope its a decent crowd for my first NFL game:shrug:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
I don't know but that place was empty. Like 15,000 people there, one of the smallest crowds I remember.

No it wasn't. It was about as full as it usually is. About 35K. The only difference in the crowd that I noticed yesterday from the last two years it that it seemed much more pro-cardinals. There weren't a lot of Panther fans in our section, and we estimated maybe 75-25 cards fans.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
Actually crowd was over 38,0000.

They said a fight broke out (I think they said in the stands) so I'm guessing that some stupid Panther fans decided to berate them as they exited and some Card fans got into them about that? :shrug:

There was a fight on the east side of the stadium at the end of the game that blocked a lot of people from exiting for a few minutes. Lots of cops, lots of blood on a Panther jersey.

Are we sure the fight and the DG thing were related?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Big Red Vol was in that fight.

It happened in the East Side in the bottom walk through area that parallels the field.
BRV had blood on his jersey from the other guy. Guess some Panther fan got it pretty good.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the fight had nothing to do with Dennis Green.

I don't know for sure though. I was already back in the parking lot for the after tailgate party.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
No it wasn't. It was about as full as it usually is. About 35K. The only difference in the crowd that I noticed yesterday from the last two years it that it seemed much more pro-cardinals. There weren't a lot of Panther fans in our section, and we estimated maybe 75-25 cards fans.

It'll be the same for the Titans game. When the other team doesn't have a big following I love it.

No lines for beer or the bathroom. Sit where ever you please and hardly any security so we do what ever we please as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was pretty empty, i dont blame green for he has done alot for this team, i believe the SEZ had a fight in the 3rd quarter but i was on my way out when we lost the 4th down at the end of the game

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
I caught a bit of it on tv - supposedly some fans started getting on Denny as they were exiting the field after the game. Then they said a fight broke out? Not sure if they meant between fans in the seats?

Ask on the other board, they'll probably know.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser