What lost the game for us today?

What lost the game for us today?

• Total voters

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I only voted for Penalties because it has been an issue since day 1. We still lead the league in penalties and penalty yards(by a wide margin).

I do not know what the deal is with them. Coaching, players to hyped up, just not to smart, what?

The halftime report had Whis saying the players were too pumped up.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They beat us.

Pointing to specific things, claiming in any way that any one or combination of those things caused us to "lose the game," is excuse-making.

They didn't play error-free football either. Offense, defense, special teams and coaching. They screwed up too. That's what usually happens.

They won. End of story. Whining that "we blew it and lost it" has always bugged me.

Yes, we have issues that will be addressed if the coaching staff is any good.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They beat us.

Pointing to specific things, claiming in any way that any one or combination of those things caused us to "lose the game," is excuse-making.

They didn't play error-free football either. Offense, defense, special teams and coaching. They screwed up too. That's what usually happens.

They won. End of story. Whining that "we blew it and lost it" has always bugged me.

Discussing what needs to change for us to win or what is causing us to lose is not excuse making.

It is actually a normal thing for fans to do after a loss. Particularly one as difficult as this one.

What type of posts do you expect after this game?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, PJ, I'm allowed to have an opinion too, am I not? This is discussion.

Your kind of posts and mine too. Sheesh. I'm not pissed at the thread or at anybody. I just have always disliked instant analysis that gives no allowance for the other team's contributions to their winning the game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The halftime report had Whis saying the players were too pumped up.

Since we lead the league at this point in the season, does this mean our guys have been "too pumped up" all seaosn long? And, since we have lead, or been at the top of this list for like what, the past 3-4 years, have our guys been "too pumped up" going back to Denny's first seasons here??

:shock:

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
They beat us.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Since we lead the league at this point in the season, does this mean our guys have been "too pumped up" all seaosn long? And, since we have lead, or been at the top of this list for like what, the past 3-4 years, have our guys been "too pumped up" going back to Denny's first seasons here??

:shock:

The comment referred to the first half of this game, so please keep it in the context it was given.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Should have got that in the poll.

Another oklahoma cardinal fan. welcome pendy. Newbies buy.

I'll take an two enchilada's, rice, beans, chips, caso and a coke.

Yes you should have. In fact "we're jinxed" should have been the first thing listed.

The Cards lost because they are the Cardinals and that is what they do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you should have. In fact "we're jinxed" should have been the first thing listed.

The Cards lost because they are the Cardinals and that is what they do.

they lost because I'm not in Chicago anymore. Everything was great when I was in Chicago. First place Cards, D-backs sweep, women, free dinners... oh Chicago, how I miss you so.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
the warner fumble when in the red zone for me swung the game.

quick hit from the blind side I do not think Warner's fault particularly with two torn ligaments. I did not like the gadget play in the red zone. Probably the worst things that happened was getting the plays into Warner and not giving him time to call the play without a penalty. They should have just let him call the play at the line of scrimmage and take the coach out of it. Warner had one key play to Bolden over the center that would have given us a 1st down in Washington territory. It him but he was not even looking when he should have been as it was a blitz. On the key play late in the game having Bolden throw a pass in the red zone or run should have been a pass by Warner IMHO. I said it before the play and after. He had been moving the ball methodically.

All in all lets not play the blame game. Everyone had enough blame to go around. We played better than I thought we would. Our defense was stellar and we barely missed a FG that would have won it. We have now lost either 3 or 4 games by 3 points or less. we are definitely improving regardless of our record. I think we are moving in the right direction for the first time in many years.

I thought Warner played tough for a 36 year old with torn ligaments. One good hit and he could have been out for the year or for ever. Tough guy.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
they lost because I'm not in Chicago anymore. Everything was great when I was in Chicago. First place Cards, D-backs sweep, women, free dinners... oh Chicago, how I miss you so.

It's like the season, and may have stretched over more than one season, where the perennially 5-11 Cardinals won several games in a row where you attended in person.