where is Rashuan Woods ranked now?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm the only guy out there that probably thinks this but I still think Woods is the best WR in the draft... not by much but the better of the bunch. I posted this because Skorp had the guts to state Rivers is the best QB in the draft and he may be right... Rivers is by far the most accurate of the three top QBs. Roy Williams and Woods have been moving up lately. I don't expect anyone to agree with me but could you tell me where Woods is ranked right now...#4 among the WRs?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
I'm the only guy out there that probably thinks this but I still think Woods is the best WR in the draft... not by much but the better of the bunch. I posted this because Skorp had the guts to state Rivers is the best QB in the draft and he may be right... Rivers is by far the most accurate of the three top QBs. Roy Williams and Woods have been moving up lately. I don't expect anyone to agree with me but could you tell me where Woods is ranked right now...#4 among the WRs?
TSN's latest Mock Draft has him in the second round going to the Jaguars at #39 overall.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:

On some boards he might be fighting for 4th best out of the WRs atm with Reggie Williams, but on "most" boards, I'm guessing he's fighting with Lee Evans for the 5th best WR spot. And then there are a few teams who I'm sure would rate him even lower.

I think he's going to be a great pick for somebody, and if we think we can get him with our 2nd rounder, we should trade down(IF we can find a partner), and grab Wilfork or Taylor early, Woods at our #33, then a Corner/DT with the added 2nd rounder I'm assuming we'd get in a trade down.

1 - Sean Taylor
2 - Rashaun Woods
2 - Marcus Tubbs
3 - Keith Smith

Something to that effect would make me smile mightily come draft day. That being said, I bet Woods goes in the first somewhere.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good on you jetstream

Trust your own eyes first.

There are currently more second round picks in the NFL HOF than first round picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
I don't expect anyone to agree with me but could you tell me where Woods is ranked right now...#4 among the WRs?

#1 - Larry Fitzgerald
#2 - Roy Williams
#3 - Mike Williams (He has to perform his way into this spot after Roy's stunning workout)
#4 - Reggie Williams
#5 - Michael Jenkins
#6 - Rashaun Woods

I think that Woods has the best chance of being the "Anquan Boldin" of this draft at his position. Like Anquan, he can't take over a game with his wheels and lacks big-play ability. In this draft, that'll keep him out of the first round, probably. Because of his measurables, he, like (IMO) Anquan, has limited upside. Whatever team takes him is going to be very happy with what they get, but I don't think that he's going to have a career better than Mushin Muhammed, Keenan McCardell, etc. An above-average possession wide-out.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lars the Red said:
I believe he has the fastest 40 time of all the receivers to this point.
You are thinking of Lee Evans. Woods isn't a speedster.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Reminds me of

Current Bill and former LSU WR Josh Reed, but more speed. I don't see Woods lasting past round one. It is a great year if a team needs a WR. I would be happy with Woods, Fitz, any of the three Williams, Clayton... the list goes on and on. We should be able to find a player to help Boldin and Johnson even in the Second round.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jet - It depends on who's doing the ranking. The WR pool is so deep in talent that the rankings all over the lot depending on whom you read.

You'd think that Woods (considered by many to be a "possession receiver") would skyrocket up the boards because he ran in the 4.4 range.

But at the same time, Lee Evans (considered by many to be very very fast but more of track guy) apparently "never let the ball touch the ground" during his 60 - 90 minute workout.

Everyone can't move up into the same #4 or #5 spot.

One thing, though - As good as Jenkins is, I think he'll go later than both Woods and Evans. (And just to confuse things even further, there are some GM's who love Michael Clayton to death. Where's he going to fit in?)

For the above reasons, I think the way the receivers come off the ball will be pretty unpredictable because it depends on which GM decides to draft a WR at a particular slot in the draft. (I don't think you'll find a herd mentality here in this draft).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
Current Bill and former LSU WR Josh Reed, but more speed. I don't see Woods lasting past round one.

I just can't imagine six or seven (I'd rather have Lee Evans, frankly, but they're 6A and 6B, depending on your need) WRs going in the first round of this draft. Nearly 20% of the first round being WRs? I dunno.

Honestly the fact that either Evans or Woods will almost definitely fall out of the first round should give Graves and Green pause before drafting such a risky position at #3 overall.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
You are thinking of Lee Evans. Woods isn't a speedster.

actually, i remember woods wowing everyone with an incredibly fast (sub 4.4) time early in the fa period.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
actually, i remember woods wowing everyone with an incredibly fast (sub 4.4) time early in the fa period.

According to ESPN Insider, Woods ran a 40 in the "high 4.4s" at his individual workout.

He has adequate speed for a possession wideout. In this draft, that'll put you in the upper-middle second round.

Teams will be able to find potential game-breakers throughout the first round of this draft.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:

Nope. I'm with you on this one. I make him 1ARight behind Roy Williams and ahead of the rest. If Lee Evans hadn't gone to Wisconsin, which has a bad rep for over rated players, I would put him up there with the good ones. These 3 guys have big time speed to go with the rest of the skills, and in my book, that makes them more valuable. :cool:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
Current Bill and former LSU WR Josh Reed, but more speed. I don't see Woods lasting past round one. It is a great year if a team needs a WR. I would be happy with Woods, Fitz, any of the three Williams, Clayton... the list goes on and on. We should be able to find a player to help Boldin and Johnson even in the Second round.

Isn't Josh Reed built more like a RB and Woods longer and leaner ?

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
whoever said that woods couldn't make a big play, doesn't have a good information source. that all woods did for ok state. in one game last season woods caught 5 tds. in the bowl game woods was practiaclly the offense for ok state. woods makes play after play. he will be awsome in the nfl. i don't think the cardinals are going to draft woods. i just hope none of the other teams in the nfc west do eithier.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Loyal Card 17 said:
whoever said that woods couldn't make a big play, doesn't have a good information source. that all woods did for ok state. in one game last season woods caught 5 tds. in the bowl game woods was practiaclly the offense for ok state. woods makes play after play. he will be awsome in the nfl. i don't think the cardinals are going to draft woods. i just hope none of the other teams in the nfc west do eithier.

Actually it was 7 TDs, nearly half his total, but it was against SMU, almost a division II school.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The draft as we know is deep in wrs and several teams that needed wrs made some trades to fill that need: Eagles with T. Owens, Fins with Boston.
Bottom line is that several good wrs will be available in round two.
IMO R. Woods goes late first or early second.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Receivers are one of the positions where the eye of the beholder is a big factor. Sometimes the third best receiver doesn't go third, because he's more of a possession type or doesn't run polished routes, though some teams don't care about that. Is the team looking for long-term productivity or immediate impact? Mike Williams might be the third best receiver in this group, but I doubt he is in the top 3 in numbers at the end of year one. Woods could easily go in the first round. Runs on positions get started (DL last year) and guys get elevated far above their ranking (Pace). If Williams is there at 33, the Cards will consider him, especially if they don't go WR in round one. By the way, despite his moderate speed, he consistantly got deep in college. I think he can spread the field effectively.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has adequate speed for a possession wideout.
Let's put this in perspective.

We're all gushing over the 4.5 times posted by Roy Williams and Fitz. And a 4.55 supposedly is the break-point for Mike Williams. But Woods runs a 4.45 and it's considered "adequate for a possession receiver?"

Am I missing something here?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
He has adequate speed for a possession wideout.
Let's put this in perspective.

We're all gushing over the 4.5 times posted by Roy Williams and Fitz. And a 4.55 supposedly is the break-point for Mike Williams. But Woods runs a 4.45 and it's considered "adequate for a possession receiver?"

Am I missing something here?

Um... Are you missing something here? Roy Williams ran sub-4.0 40s TWICE. Of the three "big" WRs, RW's "super power" is his big-play ability, because he's big and fast.

Larry Fitzgerald kept his stock because he ran "adequate" 40s in his campus workout. I'm still unconvinced that he's more than an above-average possession WR, and don't think that he'll be able to stretch defenses. What's special about him is is size (tall and strong) and the perfection that he has running routes and general body control. He's the most well-rounded prospect at his position.

Mike Williams is kind of an X-factor. He has unbelieveable size, and can run good routes. His towering size (nearly three inches taller than both Fitz and R. Williams) is seen to make up for any lack of speed that he might have (though I don't think that he looks slow on the football field).

Reggie Williams and Mike Jenkins are the poor-man's Mike Williams, but is probably less of a risk. Michael Clayton is a poor-man's Larry Fitzgerald. Lee Evans is a poor-man's Roy Williams.

Rashaun Woods lacks the size of Mike Williams, the speed of Roy Williams, and the strength and precision of Larry Fitzgerald. He's a good all-around prospect, and might turn out to be a very good NFL wideout, but I don't see what makes him special in comparison to the other prospects.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05