Where To Stay

FootBallFan

Reaction score
I willbe going to a couple of games this year we usually stay in Tempe but now with new stadium I need some ides on where to stay
Thanks for your input

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
From recent experience any of the chains off Bell in Peoria are great... Holiday Inn Express, La Quinta Inn, Etc... Treated us great and lots of fans there, easy access to food and drinks, stores and pretty much anything you need...

Got the tip from this wealth of knowledge here... 9 to 10 miles from the stadium, about 7 minutes on the 101 loop

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Bell & the 101 near the Peoria Sporting Complex is certainly the closest bet.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Bell & the 101 near the Peoria Sporting Complex is certainly the closest bet.

There's a Hampton Inn at Bell and 101 (623) 486-9918

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on what kind of hotel patron you are.

At the 101 & Bell there's a Hampton and a Spring Hill Suites, among some other hotels.

At the 101 & Tatum, there's the J.W. Marriott Resort & Spa. A very nice hotel and popular destination last year for the Fiesta Bowl crowd.

OP
OP
F

FootBallFan

Reaction score
We have stayed at the Spring Hill Suites in Tempe nice place might give the one in Peoria a try

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FootBallFan said:
We have stayed at the Spring Hill Suites in Tempe nice place might give the one in Peoria a try

very nice....see if you can negotiate a price when you get there...depends on how busy they are when you arrive.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So is the new Cardinal stadium like out in the middle of no mans land?

No nice hotels/restaurants within walking distance of the stadium? If not, is there available land for hotels/restaurants near the stadium in the future?

pinnacle

Reaction score
The area around the stadium will be one of the largest retail/entertainment districts in Arizona when finished....but they are just starting construction and grading sites. Right now...it is mostly vacant land. The only thing of significance open (besides the hockey and football stadiums) is Cabella's... There will be a couple of "power" retail centers and probably 15 - 20 restaurants..plus hotels and a large Imax Theatre complex. I would speculate by this time next year about 1/2 of the adjoining development will be open. I have a site plan...somewhere...showing who will go where in the area....basically all of the land has been sold to the individual users and everyone is applying for site plan approval, etc from the city of Glendale...

They are also building some mid-high rise condo's etc on the Westgate site (that is what all of the development South of Glendale Ave. is named).

I have a friend who is buying an acre and a half parcel for a restaurant in the immediate area....and he had to go North of Glendale Avenue because all of the parcels south of Glendale Ave. have been sold to users....so it will happen...most of the specific users are well capitalized and have their financing in place...my friend approached all of them to see if they wanted to sell their sites...and they all said no...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For goodness sake spend the money and stay in Scottsdale. Best resorts, best restaurants, best entertainment and most beautiful women.:thumbup:

If you don't believe me ask Matt Leinart!!

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
az jam said:
For goodness sake spend the money and stay in Scottsdale. Best resorts, best restaurants, best entertainment and most beautiful women.:thumbup:

For sure. Ask Pariah. He LOVED the Hospitality Suites Resort and it is right in the heart of Scottsdale with a great bar and short distance to several other cool places to eat shop hang out.

:D