Which 8 teams will be in NBA playoffs in the West and East?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Yeah, that was already discussed at length, but thanks for your late and pointless opinion.

no need to get hostile because you tried to elevate your status by proving me wrong, when really you had no idea what you were talking about.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Updating mine for the West..

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Utah
5. Dallas
6. Houston
7. Phoenix
8. Denver

I'm not sure though if #8 will be Denver or Golden State, but really it won't matter much, so who cares? :p

MiamiHeat

Registered
Reaction score
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Utah
5. Houston
6. Dallas
7. Golden State
8. Denver

suns dont make it

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
From Arwillan:

For all you lakers fans, a few wise words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowagimp
As a laker fan you probably only know that the suns send kobe lamar and the lakers fishing every year with chuck and Kenny!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... what do you have to say now to those Laker fans?

Funny how all the Laker bashing has disappeared.

MiamiHeats post is most likely the end result.

You just cant mess with physics.... The big cactus says the suns will rise in the west... but we all know the suns always go down in the west. Every single year they have been in existance. EVERY ONE!

Better get that pole and tackle box ready.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
From Arwillan:

For all you lakers fans, a few wise words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowagimp
As a laker fan you probably only know that the suns send kobe lamar and the lakers fishing every year with chuck and Kenny!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... what do you have to say now to those Laker fans?

Funny how all the Laker bashing has disappeared.

MiamiHeats post is most likely the end result.

You just cant mess with physics.... The big cactus says the suns will rise in the west... but we all know the suns always go down in the west. Every single year they have been in existance. EVERY ONE!

Better get that pole and tackle box ready.

Exactly why I'm hoping to god that Phoenix stays in the playoff picture. All we have heard all season is "we beat you the last 2 years." I want a Lakers vs. Suns match like you wouldn't believe. The Suns win beat us 2 or 3 times in 3 decades and a few fans act like they own the world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Looks like Mavs might be out instead of Denver.
Atlanta keeps surprising me,so does Bulls,in a bad way

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Exactly why I'm hoping to god that Phoenix stays in the playoff picture. All we have heard all season is "we beat you the last 2 years." I want a Lakers vs. Suns match like you wouldn't believe. The Suns win beat us 2 or 3 times in 3 decades and a few fans act like they own the world.

i hear what you're saying, but all we ever hear is how great the lakers franchise is and how many glorious players and rings you've had as well. it goes both ways. I imagine that if the lakers do eliminate the suns this year, lakers trolls will never let us hear the end of it either. It's human nature, really.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
i hear what you're saying, but all we ever hear is how great the lakers franchise is and how many glorious players and rings you've had as well. it goes both ways. I imagine that if the lakers do eliminate the suns this year, lakers trolls will never let us hear the end of it either. It's human nature, really.

For what it's worth, I don't want the Lakers to eliminate the Suns just so I can rub it in. Frankly, I find that low class to go to a teams message board after they lose and taunt their fans. I want the Lakers to play the Suns because the Suns have been a monkey on our back for 2 years. Whenever you get knocked out by a team, it's natural to want to come back and beat them next year. Plus, I don't pray for the Lakers to get an easy path through lesser teams, I want them to earn it by beating other legit contenders. The Suns fall into that catagory. Last time the Lakers beat the Suns, I was here giving the Suns props. That won't change when we beat them in the playoffs. :D

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its quite comical you assume you will beat the Suns come playoff time. Your roster isn't exactly full of playoff performers, Kobe and Fish are about the only proven playoff players to be feared on the team! The Suns will be a team you DON'T want any part of come playoff time.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Its quite comical you assume you will beat the Suns come playoff time. Your roster isn't exactly full of playoff performers, Kobe and Fish are about the only proven playoff players to be feared on the team! The Suns will be a team you DON'T want any part of come playoff time.

I don't assume that, hence the smiley after that statement.

That being the case, the Suns are the team I want to see most. If we can't beat them, we know we're not there yet, simple as that. I'm not afraid of competition, I want to see that series. I'm fully convinced it will go seven, but just as you have confidence in your team, I have faith in mine.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I don't want the Lakers to eliminate the Suns just so I can rub it in. Frankly, I find that low class to go to a teams message board after they lose and taunt their fans. I want the Lakers to play the Suns because the Suns have been a monkey on our back for 2 years. Whenever you get knocked out by a team, it's natural to want to come back and beat them next year. Plus, I don't pray for the Lakers to get an easy path through lesser teams, I want them to earn it by beating other legit contenders. The Suns fall into that catagory. Last time the Lakers beat the Suns, I was here giving the Suns props. That won't change when we beat them in the playoffs. :D
There is a catch to the match up. If Kobe & the Lakers don't win against the Suns, The monkey will now become a gorilla by the name of Shaq on Kobe's back and it will once again prove Kobe can't win without him and Shaq will prove he can win without Kobe. Tough consequences.

KCi

Reaction score
Tough consequences means high reward. There will be no better way to prove that Kobe can win without Shaq other than straight up eliminating Shaq and the Suns from the playoffs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the Lakers are as over confident as their fans that the are gonna eliminate the Suns come playoff time. Keep assuming Bynum and Gasol will be back and you will have your team all ready to go with no transitition time needed. I hope you try to work Bynum in the last few games of the season, nothing like screwing up chemistry when you need it the most. Keep thinking your gonna eliminate the Suns and your team may not ever get to play the Suns if you overlook the team you may have to play first. The Suns will be fine after another dozen games I feel we will have come together pretty good and be ready to rock in the playoffs, as for the Lakers well they may be limping into the playoffs. I like our position much better.

KCi

Reaction score
Spoken like a true moron. Like my state of mind has any effect on the Lakers team. The poster LacardJoe67 mentioned the "tough consequences" of the Lakers losing to the Suns which are true, and I mentioned what it would mean to beat the Suns, which is also true. It's not a prediction or who has a better chance of winning, it's merely stating the implications of a Suns or Lakers victory. You just read the words "eliminate Suns" and got all butt hurt about it.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I hope the Lakers are as over confident as their fans that the are gonna eliminate the Suns come playoff time. Keep assuming Bynum and Gasol will be back and you will have your team all ready to go with no transitition time needed. I hope you try to work Bynum in the last few games of the season, nothing like screwing up chemistry when you need it the most. Keep thinking your gonna eliminate the Suns and your team may not ever get to play the Suns if you overlook the team you may have to play first. The Suns will be fine after another dozen games I feel we will have come together pretty good and be ready to rock in the playoffs, as for the Lakers well they may be limping into the playoffs. I like our position much better.

I think you overestimate both the confidence of the Lakers and the fans. I'm sure there are a few foolish Laker fans out there already bragging that LA will win this year, but the bulk of the fans know better. We know we are far from a lock. This year we have seen severe injury to Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Trevor Ariza and Chris Mihm. Of those mentioned, today only Kobe is still playing and we're a month from the playoffs. You really think we're calling it a lock? As for limping to the playoffs, that's a pretty funny opinion. Even with all those injuries, the Lakers have held on to the number 1 seed some how. Right now, the Lakers are the absolute worst they are going to get, once we start getting players back, we'll get stronger not weaker. Does it guarantee a title? Of course not. Do we have reason to be optimistic? Absolutely. If you like the Suns position better with aging starts over the Lakers young athletic core, then that's you. Personally, I'm happy with my teams position. You will see at least 2 titles from this Laker core. This year however, is up in the air so far.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
standings are getting interesting,especially the west.

Depending on who you ll play against in play off's,being #2 can be better than #1,or #8 can be better than #7.for instance,new orleans and houston are # 1 and 2,but im sure rest 6 teams would rather prefer seeing these teams than spurs or lakers.

or in the east,i'd prefer #5 and 6 washington and philly to #7 toronto.or likewise,if i was washington/philly,i d prefer higher seat orlando to cleveland since i know they l be more dangerous in the play-off's

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
standings are getting interesting,especially the west.

Depending on who you ll play against in play off's,being #2 can be better than #1,or #8 can be better than #7.for instance,new orleans and houston are # 1 and 2,but im sure rest 6 teams would rather prefer seeing these teams than spurs or lakers.

or in the east,i'd prefer #5 and 6 washington and philly to #7 toronto.or likewise,if i was washington/philly,i d prefer higher seat orlando to cleveland since i know they l be more dangerous in the play-off's
I agree with your point but I would prefer to face the Lakers than NO in the first round.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with your point but I would prefer to face the Lakers than NO in the first round.

Me 2. The Hornets are the scariest team in the playoffs.

Ishta

Reaction score
The seedings will not be decided until the last game is played in the west. It is too tight right now to call. However that being said it's going to be a hell of a ride for all teams involved!