Which games do you think the Cards will win?

What games do you think the Cards will win?

• @STL

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • NE

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • @ATL

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • NO

Votes: 59 80.8%
  • @SF

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • SEA

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • @BUF

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • @MIA

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • NYG

Votes: 69 94.5%
  • @CAR

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • NYJ

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • @DET

Votes: 48 65.8%
  • SF

Votes: 68 93.2%
  • STL

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • @SEA

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • TB

Votes: 40 54.8%

• Total voters

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Which games do you think the Cards will win?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I thin k the Cards will be much improved, but I dont think they will win many because of the tuff opponents.

Although to my suprise I did find 7 teams we "could" beat...

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
8-8 is what I came up with, which I'll be "okay" with, but not happy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The only games that I think that the Cards ought to win, hands down, are when the Saints, Giants, and 49ers come into town. There are other games that the Cards have a chance in, but those are the ones that I bet even Denny are writing "W"s next to on the schedule. It'll be sad indeed if the Cards lose any of those three games.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
10-6

I think the key is a good start. A win against the lambs on opening day could make this season.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
The only games that I think that the Cards ought to win, hands down, are when the Saints, Giants, and 49ers come into town. There are other games that the Cards have a chance in, but those are the ones that I bet even Denny are writing "W"s next to on the schedule. It'll be sad indeed if the Cards lose any of those three games.

K9:

Agreed on the Giants and Niners, but I think the New Orleans game is a coin-flip. Depends on which Saints team shows up.

On the other hand, might the Cardinals win one or more times on the road this season? Away games against San Francisco, Buffalo and Detroit all look like possibilities. If not, 6-10 is as good as it gets.

WC

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
The New England game will set the tenor for the season. The rest of the league will sit up and take notice at the game plan Coach Green puts in place.
The key to wins this year will be consistency on the Oline and that has to happen out of the gate. I have every confidence Mr. Kendall and crew are up to the challenge.
After the NE game, win or lose, everone will be saying

" These ain' cho' mamas Cardinals"

GBR

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
i think the cardinals can win againist the patriots. most of the patriots wins came in the closing minutes. the patriots also have a history of struggling at the beginning of the season. i feel the cardinals will give the fans something to cheer about in their first home game of the season.

patriots 14

cardinals 17

that will be the score.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4-4 at home would give us a 7 or 8 win season. My best guesses are NYG, NYJ, SF, Rams, all at home.

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
6-10 or 7-9 at best. We are still a couple of years away IMO.
I agree but sometimes a team gets lucky and wins a few they shouldn't if somehow the Cards could ge a bit of luck this year... saying facing a few teams with key injuries, maybe a couple bad calls by the refs, who knows?
They might be 2 years away but with some breaks here and there the Cards could contend this year. I am putting down the kool-aid.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
6-10 or 7-9 at best. We are still a couple of years away IMO.

I dont think we are years away. We would be 8-8 with an average schedule. As it is we have the second hardest behind miami.

2005 we will kick butt.

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
These look like the most likely wins according to you guys:

NO
@SF
NYG
NYJ
SF

Least likely:
NE
@CAR
@MIA
@SEA

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I guess I must be the only one who thinks that we may be able to steal a win against CAR?

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Redsz said:
I guess I must be the only one who thinks that we may be able to steal a win against CAR?

I like the chances to beat SEA especially at home.
MIA could be a steal if the team collapses finally.
TB at home I also feel very good about.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I like the chances to beat SEA especially at home.
MIA could be a steal if the team collapses finally.
TB at home I also feel very good about.

Vikesfan, you sure do know a lot about AZ considering the only times you probably watched the Cards in the past few years has been when your choking team has played them.

6-8 wins max. Think 2003 Jaguars or Bengals. I don't really see how we're going to stop anybody (duane Starks and Bert Berry will help, but our D will still be in the bottom third of the league), plus all of our offensive players at the skill positions have less than 2 years starting experience. Combine that with the fact that they haven't won in the road in what seems like a decade, I can't be too optimistic about inflated win totals. With how young the team is, as long as they're competitive I'll be happy.

Much to Vikesfan's dismay, Dennis Green is not God, he's simply a good coach. It would probably take nothing short of divine intervention to turn last year's team into contenders in one off-season. Give it a couple of years.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm always this way before a season not realistic. I think we will win all 16. But of course this 15cents and a package of kool aid.That being said and just getting back from Rocky point Mexico where Tequila is the only thing to drink(at least this is what I was told) if our Defense is the surprise side of the team and I think it might be. We can win 8-10 games.

The defense on our team is completely changed. Green has changed this without any noise, one player at a time, without making waves. D-line two or three changes, linebackers could be two changes and there will be a different look at corners becuase of the new D-line pressure, it will make them better.

I truly believe that there are teams that play us that will say how do we cover these guys, with all the heavy hitters at wide out, tight end and catching out of the backfield. But the change will be on ther defensive side of the ball, I could be wrong wont be the firsat time but a run for a play off spot this year would not surprise me.

GBR

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Vikesfan, you sure do know a lot about AZ considering the only times you probably watched the Cards in the past few years has been when your choking team has played them.

6-8 wins max. Think 2003 Jaguars or Bengals. I don't really see how we're going to stop anybody (duane Starks and Bert Berry will help, but our D will still be in the bottom third of the league), plus all of our offensive players at the skill positions have less than 2 years starting experience. Combine that with the fact that they haven't won in the road in what seems like a decade, I can't be too optimistic about inflated win totals. With how young the team is, as long as they're competitive I'll be happy.

Much to Vikesfan's dismay, Dennis Green is not God, he's simply a good coach. It would probably take nothing short of divine intervention to turn last year's team into contenders in one off-season. Give it a couple of years.
Dude I have the team at 7 wins in my post.