Which loss hurts worst?

Which Cards loss has been the worst for you?

• Total voters

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every loss stings, but this one made me shed tears. Damn it! We were winning. What happened?!?!?

So, which loss has been the worst for you? I only ask cause I already know which win has been the best :bang:

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
St Louis. Warner can eat an ass.

Today's game at least has hope & was a great competitive football game.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

Agreed St Louis. In today's game I never felt like we had things under control. The Rams game I thought was in the bag.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Every loss stings, but this one made me shred tears. Damn it! We were winning. What happened?!?!?

So, which loss has been the worst for you? I only ask cause I already know which win has been the best :bang:

The Rams game was hideous that one scarred me bad, that's in my top 5 all time easy.

This one was a good closely fought game that you really can't fault the team for losing, once KC figured out that they needed to blitz Leinart it was over, I think they thought it was a better idea to drop into coverage first, he passed that test and almost got the blitzing thing down in one game, he's gonna be good.

Best thing that can happen IMO, the staff gets fired we get a GM and start building for two years from today, next year to adjust to the new system then major run at the whole thing.

Just my opinion.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not even in the first quarter?

We were up 21-7 over the 49ers in the 1st quarter, and I knew the Cards would let them back in the game. Of course, they did.

KC is a much better team than SF. It was obvious this was going to be a dogfight in the 2nd half.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
The St. Louis loss was the hardest one too take, had we won that game, we might still have had a chance at postseason.

Also, did anyone see the Rams/Packers game today...it ended almost exactly as ours did. Favre had the ball on the 20 yard line and the Packers were down by three. Well, just after an impressive first down, Favre fumbles the ball and the Rams recover with about 20 seconds on the clock.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No; was anyone comfortable with a 14 pt lead in quarter 1? It was nice, certainly better than being down by 14, but hardly an insurmountable lead.

I didn't say I was comfortable with the lead, but, hell, yeah I was happy with it. I guess because I didn't really expect it.

God, this really freaking sucks. SUCKS!!!!! SUCkS!!!!! AND SUCKS!!!!!!

I want to root for the team that goes up 14 points in the first quarter, knowing that things are just gonna get better. Why can't that be my team? Why can't the Cardinals be my Cinderella?!

DAMN IT TO HELL!!!!!

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I want to root for the team that goes up 14 points in the first quarter, knowing that things are just gonna get better. Why can't that be my team? Why can't the Cardinals be my Cinderella?!

DAMN IT TO HELL!!!!!

Except for a few fluky years, I've been wondering that since 1970.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I didn't say I was comfortable with the lead, but, hell, yeah I was happy with it. I guess because I didn't really expect it.

God, this really freaking sucks. SUCKS!!!!! SUCkS!!!!! AND SUCKS!!!!!!

DAMN IT TO HELL!!!!!

It'll happen when we get a real GM not until unless it's an utter fluke.

I guess it could happen if Green pulls his head out and actually learns what a real offensive line looks like.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Easily St. Louis. Just because I was glad to see Leinart play well today.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score

WORD! He gave that game away. I came into this game (KC) expecting a loss. It still hurts, but we realized a lot. Matty is the man and, with better coaching, we will be a force. The St. Louis game set the tone for my whole week. I felt like someone had kicked me in the nards after that one. This one, I feel content with the fact that this is D.G.'s last season, we blantantly gave up the game to a lesser team (today), and we can now focus on deciding who should stay nd who should go.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Disregard 1 vote for the Chiefs game today since it was placed by Kansas City Shawn. Shawn, there's a reason why the Rams loss is running away with this.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams game still has me shook. One of the worst losses I've ever witnessed. Absolute horror.

Losing this game was NOTHING compared that.

In fact, I'm in a pretty good mood because I just saw a franchise QB in a Cardinal uniform...but then that just makes me think about how we would have beat the rams soundly if Matt had started that game.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
The Rams by a BIG margin.

Seeing Matt in action today took the sting of this off. This guy is for real.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would have to say this game vs the Chiefs we so couldve had this game but that long catch by Johnson which shouldve got called for holding imo but oh well, and then the missed fg by rackers to tie and send it to ot and boy when he missed that my heart just sank :( but Leinart looked good just to bad we couldnt have won this game I feel so sick right now :(

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to say this game vs the Chiefs we so couldve had this game but that long catch by Johnson which shouldve got called for holding imo but oh well, and then the missed fg by rackers to tie and send it to ot and boy when he missed that my heart just sank :( but Leinart looked good just to bad we couldnt have won this game I feel so sick right now :(

Did you miss the Rams game? If so, you are lucky.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No I didnt miss the rams game and trying not to think about it...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams by a BIG margin.

Seeing Matt in action today took the sting of this off. This guy is for real.

Bah, it was just another loss. I can't get much satisfaction out of how Leinart played.

The Rams loss was far, far worse. That stupid fumble happened directly in front of me. I had the perfect view, I sit only eight rows up. Everytime I looked at the 19 yd line that image flashed in my head.

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams game was horrible, but being up 14 to zip and losing this game? Too much pain (and fresh pain at that) for me. :(

JohnnyV13

Reaction score
The Rams game still has me shook. One of the worst losses I've ever witnessed. Absolute horror.

Losing this game was NOTHING compared that.

In fact, I'm in a pretty good mood because I just saw a franchise QB in a Cardinal uniform...but then that just makes me think about how we would have beat the rams soundly if Matt had started that game.

D Dogg, I think you cardinal fans should feel this way. Back over on the Chiefs board, I posted that Leinart was VERY impressive and that the Titan's F'd up by taking Vince Young. I was particularly impressed that Leinart kept his cool when he threw the big int, and then was able to put the Cards in position to tie starting from his 9 with 1:30 left and no time outs. Outstanding performance for a veteran QB, much less one in his first start. Of course, I am not really surprised at this behavior after the numerous pressure situations he faced in college.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D Dogg, I think you cardinal fans should feel this way. Back over on the Chiefs board, I posted that Leinart was VERY impressive and that the Titan's F'd up by taking Vince Young. I was particularly impressed that Leinart kept his cool when he threw the big int, and then was able to put the Cards in position to tie starting from his 9 with 1:30 left and no time outs. Outstanding performance for a veteran QB, much less one in his first start. Of course, I am not really surprised at this behavior after the numerous pressure situations he faced in college.

Oh we all will by Friday. There are no fans in the NFL tougher and more resilient than ours. If you guys had to endure the losing we have, I bet not more than half of your posters could tough it out indefinitely.

Thanks for not acting like a juvenile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05