Which loss hurts worst?

Which Cards loss has been the worst for you?

• Total voters

JohnnyV13

Reaction score
The Rams game was horrible, but being up 14 to zip and losing this game? Too much pain (and fresh pain at that) for me. :(

Jersey, you realize that the other thread calling Chiefs fans communists who should die was rather doomed from the start, don't you? I mean, its not like we can have a rational conversation with that line as the thread starter.

But, if you want a less hostile take from a chiefs fan, I'll give it to you guys. While I think it was rather rude to sing "Home of the Chiefs" in your stadium, I don't think it reaches the level of disrespect (when its done in Kansas City) that many of you seem to think.

As someone who served during desert storm (ok, I was in the Judge Advocate's office. Many would say I was not a "real" soldier), is it not the freedom and security to enjoy an NFL football game that our soldiers have fought for the last 200+ years?

I also suppose my view is colored by the fact that I have more direct experience than most that many soldiers fight for less than noble reasons (as evidenced by their conduct). In any given war, the reasons why a soldier fights is almost as numerous as the number of combatants. Simply because a man puts on a uniform for the United States does not magically make selfish louts or hypertrophied bullies into moral paragons. This phenomenon has been sadly demonstrated in Iraq by the recent war crime case in which an american squad executed a suspected insurgent, then tried to claim he was planting land mines.

It is also my experience that it is often those who least deserve the respect that are the most strident in demanding that it be demonstrated in a public forum.

Given this backdrop, I do not think too many war heroes would be incensed by this fan behavior. It's not the best etiquette, but it has more to do with crowd behavior and the "us vs. them" mentality coded into human genetics (which, btw, is often the more immediate cause for the sacrifices soldiers make on the field, than any altruistic patriotism, e.g. soldiers fight for the respect of their brothers, not abstract ideas when the bullets fly), than it does with intentional disrespect.

Last edited:

JohnnyV13

Reaction score
Oh we all will by Friday. There are no fans in the NFL tougher and more resilient than ours. If you guys had to endure the losing we have, I bet not more than half of your posters could tough it out indefinitely.

Thanks for not acting like a juvenile.

To be honest, a number of guys over on the Chiefs board were saying they wished he was wearing a Chiefs uniform. We really like Green (he is vastly underappreciated league wide), but he's 36.

JohnnyV13

Reaction score
Oh we all will by Friday. There are no fans in the NFL tougher and more resilient than ours. If you guys had to endure the losing we have, I bet not more than half of your posters could tough it out indefinitely.

Thanks for not acting like a juvenile.

Actually I know, I live in Tucson

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey, you realize that the other thread calling Chiefs fans communists who should die was rather doomed from the start, don't you?

Sure. I am on this board every day. I know what stays and what goes. :)

But, if you want a less hostile take from a chiefs fan, I'll give it to you guys. While I think it was rather rude to sing "Home of the Chiefs" in your stadium, I don't think it reaches the level of disrespect (when its done in Kansas City) that many of you seem to think.

As someone who served during desert storm (ok, I was in the Judge Advocate's office. Many would say I was not a "real" soldier), is it not the freedom and security to enjoy an NFL football game that our soldiers have fought for the last 200+ years?

I also suppose my view is colored by the fact that I have more direct experience than most that many soldiers fight for less than noble reasons (as evidenced by their conduct). In any given war, the reasons why a soldier fights is almost as numerous as the number of combatants. Simply because a man puts on a uniform for the United States does not magically make selfish louts or hypertrophied bullies into moral paragons. This phenomenon has been sadly demonstrated in Iraq by the recent war crime case in which an american squad executed a suspected insurgent, then tried to claim he was planting land mines.

It is also my experience that it is often those who least deserve the respect that are the most strident in demanding that it be demonstrated in a public forum.

Given this backdrop, I do not think too many war heroes would be incensed by this fan behavior. It's not the best etiquette, but it has more to do with crowd behavior and the "us vs. them" mentality coded into human genetics (which, btw, is often the more immediate cause for the sacrifices soldiers make on the field, than any altruistic patriotism, e.g. soldiers fight for the respect of their brothers, not abstract ideas when the bullets fly), than it does with intentional disrespect.

I appreciate your thoughts, Johnny, and I don't want to get into a political conversation here because we do have a separate forum for that, but, since you are a visitor and a respectful one at that, I will respond and hope that we can keep things civil so this thread won't be closed or moved to the politics and religion board.

First, let me say thank you for serving our country. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who do.

Second, let me say that I appreciate you being respectful to the fans on this board. We love to debate things with other fans, as long as they are cool. :)

As far as respect for the anthem goes ... you mentioned that you didn't think that war heroes would be bothered by what the Chiefs fans did. Maybe so. Maybe not. But, as a citizen of this country, I have a problem with it. Does my opinion matter less than those who served? Maybe to some. Maybe not. Personally, it bothers me when any jerk starts yelling before the person singing sings "land of the free..." Myself, I don't cheer til the song is over. And I know I am in the minority, but that's my own little way of paying respect for those who have served our country.

Changing the words of our national anthem is just, well, wrong. Would you be comfortable with someone singing "God Bless the Yankees" during the 7th inning stretch?