Which of our picks are you the most excited about?

Most exciting prospect?

• Michael Floyd

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • Jamell Flemming

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Bobby Massie

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Senio Kelemete

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Justin Bethel

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Ryan Lindley

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Nate Potter

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not getting who we drafted right is a sin, I agree. But the rest of it about fan-generated content and everyone's objections to that is a joke. What do you think this forum is? How would you feel if I recommended this site and someone said it's just a forum of fan-generated BS, any 15-year old can post there? It's a ridiculous argument and one that everyone makes.

The problem with Bleacher is not that it's fan-generated. Fans generate all of the content on this site. The problem is Bleacher has inadequate screening of content and no ability for other fans to correct errors. At least on here, if something gets posted that is wrong, we all know it gets corrected within the hour. I've posted bad information on here before and I have 20 dudes with stats and links and sheets of sh*t to correct my error within 30 freaking minutes. LOL. We've all experienced that. And frankly it's a great thing. But let's not rip on Bleacher for what it's attempting to achieve, and frankly failed to achieve. Ripping on them for being fan generated is counterproductive to what we all do here frankly.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying or think that there's anything wrong with Bleacher Report and its purpose, I guess the issue is more how it is presented when people link articles from there. The person linked it like it was a link to a legit news article/legit news opinion (at least in my opinion). And, in my opinion, there's a big difference between linking from say arizonasports.com, azcentral.com, or an Urban article from azcardinals.com. Or in this case, a link to a draft review from nfl.com, espn.com, or a site like walterfootball.com where someone has dedicated their life/career to covering the draft. I think there's a huge difference between any of the above mentioned sites and Bleacher Report, and I think people should try to set the appropriate context before referencing anything from Bleacher Report - given that they setup their site to appear like a legit news site when it's really just a fancy fan board/blog. The fact that Bleacher Report tries to make itself look like a legit sports news site and a lot of people don't realize what they are even posting/linking to is more my problem I guess.

There was a funny thread on the Cards official board during the Peyton hoopla. In the midst of the ridiculous amount of coverage and misinformation, someone created a thread that said "Peyton is coming here for sure!" and someone else created a thread titled something like "Source confirms that Peyton definitely will be a Cardinal" and then linked to the first thread. It was quite funny in context, but I feel like the same thing happens with Bleacher Report articles without people realizing it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you are saying or think that there's anything wrong with Bleacher Report and its purpose, I guess the issue is more how it is presented when people link articles from there. The person linked it like it was a link to a legit news article/legit news opinion (at least in my opinion). And, in my opinion, there's a big difference between linking from say arizonasports.com, azcentral.com, or an Urban article from azcardinals.com. Or in this case, a link to a draft review from nfl.com, espn.com, or a site like walterfootball.com where someone has dedicated their life/career to covering the draft. I think there's a huge difference between any of the above mentioned sites and Bleacher Report, and I think people should try to set the appropriate context before referencing anything from Bleacher Report - given that they setup their site to appear like a legit news site when it's really just a fancy fan board/blog. The fact that Bleacher Report tries to make itself look like a legit sports news site and a lot of people don't realize what they are even posting/linking to is more my problem I guess.

Very valid point, especially concerning the linking of articles. Point well taken.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not getting who we drafted right is a sin, I agree. But the rest of it about fan-generated content and everyone's objections to that is a joke. What do you think this forum is? How would you feel if I recommended this site and someone said it's just a forum of fan-generated BS, any 15-year old can post there? It's a ridiculous argument and one that everyone makes.

The problem with Bleacher is not that it's fan-generated. Fans generate all of the content on this site. The problem is Bleacher has inadequate screening of content and no ability for other fans to correct errors. At least on here, if something gets posted that is wrong, we all know it gets corrected within the hour. I've posted bad information on here before and I have 20 dudes with stats and links and sheets of sh*t to correct my error within 30 freaking minutes. LOL. We've all experienced that. And frankly it's a great thing. But let's not rip on Bleacher for what it's attempting to achieve, and frankly failed to achieve. Ripping on them for being fan generated is counterproductive to what we all do here frankly.

Disagree, what's wrong with BR is that MANY people don't know what it really is they don't get that it's supposed to be "reports from the bleachers" by fans. Many people seem to think it's a sports journalism site and they don't understand that most of the reporters are unpaid and often still in school, often still in HIGHSCHOOL.

It's an advertising driven site so you see things like links from the LA Times to BR stories, it is a little deceptive IMHO.

People that come to this site know what is is, a fan site, it's REALLY apparent that lots of people who go to BR don't know what it is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Senio Kelemente. I think he has the skills to win a starting OG spot. Finally we get an offensive lineman who has to bulk up and keep weight on. Nice change.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did say I was warming up to it. Don't know why I don't like the Floyd. Just a feeling, so in other words for no good reason. Just might be a diva, headcase is all. But, from what I read, etc., etc. I am probably very wrong.....which is a good thing!
:D
I hope you're wrong. Given Fitz's love for the guy, I believe he thinks you're wrong. We can only wait and hope

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really like getting Broderick Binns DE/OLB as an UDFA.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I am very excited about the Bobbie Massie pick. He seems to have all the physical attributes, desire, and ability to be THE answer at right offensive tackle in the near term, and potentially, in the long run to move to left offensive tackle. LSU coach Les Miles who played against him for three years in the SEC said: "He'll be an NFL tackle for a long time." The fact that he's a better pass protector than run blocker is all the better. For years, the Cardinals have seemed to ignore that under Russ Grimm. Finally we have a guy who may be able to match up against the speed rushers that have stymied this offense again and again during the Ken Whisenhunt era. This was a superb pick and may turn into one of the best Cardinal picks ever. How's that for hyperbole.

He may not start day one, but Massie may well turn out to be THE best pick of the draft for the Cardinals IMO and he may start contributing very early on and more so than any other pick we made this year. I hope he seizes the opportunity and demonstrates that 31 NFL teams made a huge mistake by 'dissing him. :)

Last edited:

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
What I like about this draft is what it says about our Front 7. We love them.

They like Schofield a lot more than we are giving credit for, Acho is great, and Calais will be getting his contract now that the draft process is through. (This will be structured to allow the signing of the draft picks, Haggans and Holliday)

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Massie for me. I can't believe we got a very good starting RT in the fourth round. It seems we are masters of the fourth round after getting Acho last year and now Massie. I really like the Floyd pick much better now that we have Massie. At first I didn't like that we passed on Decastro and Riley Rieff but it all worked out well for us. Whiz and Graves must have found four leaf clovers before the draft.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I hope you're wrong. Given Fitz's love for the guy, I believe he thinks you're wrong. We can only wait and hope

Fitz also wanted Kolb, and the wisdom of that move is still very much in question (just saying).

But I'm most excited about the Floyd pick too. He looks like a game changer.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When will we stop quoting Bleacher Report as a source? Quoting Bleacher Report is pretty much saying "Some 14 year old kid from Jersey gave us a B". It is a bunch of fan generated content organized in slideshows to increase the number of page views. I really value their opinion given they could not even come up with a correct list of who we drafted.

Hey just getting the grades out. I don't care who it is, I want to see all the different grades.

I understand what you mean, but really, we listen to everyone's grades, why not bleacher report?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm excited about Floyd and Massie, but I know they are going to make solid contributions to the team so I'm not "that" excited. What really has me very excited is the QB battle that is going to ensue between Skelton and Lindley. I just have a hunch the Cards are going to be searching for a QB again next season. It's possible one of these two are in a competition to be the QBOF going into next years draft. That being said looking ahead to the 2013 draft it's very possible QB is far and away the #1 need in the Cardinals draft.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I want to see this Bethel kid come in on 3rd and long. I think he will be great at intercepting by sneeking in front at last second and snatching those deeper throws.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fitz also wanted Kolb, and the wisdom of that move is still very much in question (just saying).

But I'm most excited about the Floyd pick too. He looks like a game changer.
lol, true. But it's not like Kolb is a diva though either which was the concern about Floyd

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After reading Harry's post I'm most excited about our top 3 picks, especially Fleming.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05