• SHAQ

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • MATRIX

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
Nah... i seriously think now... knowing that the Heat is a defensive team... Marion will make All-Defensive teams from here on out..

Suns reputation (yes reputation, as we all know they have above average perimeter defense) prevented Marion from getting defensive team recognition... Raja Bell made it.. well deserved but Marion not making it is due to him playing PF and Suns interior being really bad.

miami is NOT a defensive team. after the loss of mourning (include shaq if you may), miami has a grand total of 1 defensive minded player namely ricky davis. jwill has zero to none defense, wright is athletic but not too bright on d, wade gets beat by his man nowadays, haslem is too small, blount can block shots but again the heat's exterior and interior d is like an open highway so it's probably because of many opportunities, much like the suns (no pun intended) early in the season...

with marion though, whose energy is contagious, that club's mentality might be influenced and actually learn to commit to d (wishful thinking of course)...

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
marion will not be an allstar ever again, mark it down, he will prove he can NOT be the focal point or even the number 2 on an offense any more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
marion will not be an allstar ever again, mark it down, he will prove he can NOT be the focal point or even the number 2 on an offense any more.

Completely disagree. Shawn will be Shawn and continue to be one of the best small forwards in the NBA.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every one of us needs to pray that Marion and Banks explode in Miami and they go on a roll. We should be wishing for 20 and 10 every night out of Shawn.

Why? Because we need one of those crappy teams to beat out Atlanta so we get a better pick. Come on Shawn! We just need you one more time!

Oolong

Reaction score
Last year was the first year that I really started to appreciate Marion. He used to kill me with his 3 pointers that he would take. They often seemed ill timed and I remember a few times, it completely killed the runs they were going on. But he does so many things well, that I really believe he will be an asset everywhere he goes. He provides even the slowest team with a fast break option, which is extremely rare. However, I never could really understand his fealing of being unappreciated when he was the highest paid player on the roster. That boggled me a bit, I must admit.

The arguements against the trade, at this point, I feal are very weak. If he wasn't happy here, and was serious about opting out for more money, then you had to do something. He was having argueably his worst year, in a potential contract year, and it was obvious that the chemistry was not there through a half season. There really weren't any other big men available that would have the impact that Shaquille would and it fits perfectly for their two year plan, where a majority of the cap space will be open to begin the rebuilding process. And overall they would still save money by getting rid of Banks who I believe was still owed 4.1 for the next 3 years.

Obviously, the suns will make the playoffs and should go farther, and it is unfair to say that the only way this trade is succesful is if we win a championship, we didn't get out of the second round last year, so obviously if we go the conference championship game again, that will be an imporvement. I am just excited to watch them again, where I really haven't fealt that in the past 3 months aside from the occasional game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05