who wants the spurs first round?

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
I think the Spurs are the best possible scenerio for us in the first round.

The way I see things is that the Spurs are a champ on the ropes. We're 3-1 on the season, absolutely crushing them the last 2 games. Now is the time for us to take them out. I think my biggest fear is to see them go against the Jazz, win a series, and then have a nice confidence boost.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
ya i'll take em now.. ginosely is down and they are playing like horsecrap.. dont need them to cheat out a playoff series and get them with a little confidence..

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'd like them first before Manu and the rest get to 100%. They'll be tougher in the second round than they are now.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
Considering Grant is hurt right now, it would be nice to play a team with one of their starters out as well!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering Grant is hurt right now, it would be nice to play a team with one of their starters out as well!

I thought Manu plans on being available for the playoffs???

nowagimp

Reaction score
actually I'd rather the suns played the spurs than the Jazz, Lakers, Hornets, or maybe even the mavs in round 1. The Jazz, lakers and Hornets are more difficult matchups. I also have a feeling the suns will not get caught looking ahead against the spurs as they might with the mavs. I expect the suns to remember last year real well if they face the spurs in the first round, it should get the blood boiling pretty well.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Jazz scare me. Boozer would take Stat to school.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
San Antonio is my second preference, behind Houston. I think the regular season proved that the Suns can beat them in the first round.

It would also be personally satisfying to see the Suns beat the Spurs because I hate that team so much.

nikko

Reaction score
Spurs fan here.

Ginobili is fine. I think he will play the Jazz game tomorrow.
Spurs are not really good now...
But don't forget the words of coach Rudy Tomjanovich : "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion".

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
YES Spurs now and at full strength. I want redemption. Please play Horry too at some point. I wish I was playing. Spurs die. Cheating bastards. I would not take them lightly either. It'll be worse than last year, but this year we know what they are and they wont surprise us. You will be destroyed. Refs wont decide. Spurs cheap shots wont decide. We will calmly and purposely exterminate you.

nikko

Reaction score
YES Spurs now and at full strength. I want redemption. Please play Horry too at some point. I wish I was playing. Spurs die. Cheating bastards. I would not take them lightly either. It'll be worse than last year, but this year we know what they are and they wont surprise us. You will be destroyed. Refs wont decide. Spurs cheap shots wont decide. We will calmly and purposely exterminate you.

Humm... ok.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Humm... ok.

Sorry Nikko, some fans get a little carried away. I think the spurs will be easier before manu is recovered and the suns are not likely to take them lightly. After watching the suns against the mavs, houston and even GS, it appears that they are not respecting their opponents, that wont be a problem with the spurs. My nightmare scenario is that the suns face a weaker team and dont respect them, thereby digging themselves a hole.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Spurs fan here.

Ginobili is fine. I think he will play the Jazz game tomorrow.
Spurs are not really good now...
But don't forget the words of coach Rudy Tomjanovich : "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion".

How about these words..."Don't ever underestimate the ego's and hidden agenda's of the referees."
SUNS could take the SPURS in 6 if the NBA didn't have to stretch every single MFing series to 7 games to reap the revenue.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Spurs are definitely struggling right now, the offense is out of sync, but the defense is still at playoff form.
If I was a Suns fan, I would want the Spurs as well.
But as a Spurs fan, I still believe, once the offense clicks, the Spurs are tough to beat.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Don't count the old dog down quite yet, I won't be surprised if the spurs pull the typical energized once the playoffs start routine (you know the one they have been doing the last couple years). I would say the only opponent who could be classified as easy in these playoffs is the nuggets. Houston could very well pull an upset. All the matchups except lakers vs nuggets are going to be dogfights so buckle up for a rough ride.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Don't count the old dog down quite yet, I won't be surprised if the spurs pull the typical energized once the playoffs start routine (you know the one they have been doing the last couple years). I would say the only opponent who could be classified as easy in these playoffs is the nuggets. Houston could very well pull an upset. All the matchups except lakers vs nuggets are going to be dogfights so buckle up for a rough ride.

Alston(rockets, 13.1 ppg, 3rd leading scorer, best guard defender) went down with a hamstring injury. The rockets will have alot of trouble without him. I suspect all the western conference teams that have a chance to play them are salivating. This would make houston perhaps the weakest team in the western bracket.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Normally they start playing well a month or two before the playoffs start. They usually don't struggle going in.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Personally I definitely want to have to go through the spurs. If we have to go through 3 series to get to the finals without playing SA I think we are at more of a disadvantage than if we do play them....seeing how our roster is made up to have the best chance of beating them.

That said I would rather have it in the semis or ideally the wcf.

Hou/UTA 1st round, Lakers, Spurs, finals (or hou/uta, spurs, lakers, finals)

But that said I feel a bit stupid picking who we should face, ultimately I care that we win. Whoever it is, in the end it doesn't matter. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05