Who wants to talk some Husker football!?

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Sec 11 I do like Frazier though. Is he coaching at Huskerland?

By far my favorite player, college or pro. Fearless Tommie Frazier.

He was the running backs coach at Baylor until the entire coaching staff got canned. I don't know what he's going to do now. He's not sure if he wants to continue coaching.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Talk about remembering things from years ago...this current addition of the Huskers is really quite pathetic.

last year was absolutely pathetic. awful. terrible. the worst college football team in the history of sports.

this year may be slightly better, but probably not by much.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
No seriously,

NEBRASKA has a FOOTBALL team?

Is that anywhere near Toronto?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Let's take a close look at why Section 11's devotion to the University Nebraska football program is misguided...

Shall we?

Let's!

University of Washington's mascot is the Huskies (cool)
Washington State University's mascot is the Cougars (sweet)
Arizona State University's mascot is the Sun Devils (not bad)

Nebraska's mascot is the Cornhuskers...Cornhuskers?

WTF!

That's only a step above the Sooners! And not as good as being named after a tree (Stanford)!

Sorry Section...I realize that this may be hitting you below the belt...but I had fun! How about you!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
last year was absolutely pathetic. awful. terrible. the worst college football team in the history of sports.

this year may be slightly better, but probably not by much.

Too bad the Husker fans are so spoiled and cannot handle the "absolutely pathetic" year. They still had a winning record. I think it is time to actually embrace the passing game and passing QBs and get with the times. Stopping the run is much easier now for the top programs and the Big 12 has several high quality programs. Too much speed to simply run the ball all the time.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Let's take a close look at why Section 11's devotion to the University Nebraska football program is misguided...

Shall we?

Let's!

University of Washington's mascot is the Huskies (cool)
Washington State University's mascot is the Cougars (sweet)
Arizona State University's mascot is the Sun Devils (not bad)

WTF!

That's only a step above the Sooners! And not as good as being named after a tree (Stanford)!

Sorry Section...I realize that this may be hitting you below the belt...but I had fun! How about you!

Before they were called the Cornhuskers they were the Bugeaters.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Ken,

Don't knock it.

Have YOU ever tried husking corn?

There's all those splintery things that get stuck in your skin and you get those blisters right there on the edge of your finger....you know where I'm talking about,

And don't get me started on the SPIDERS!

Big icky, hairy ones with great big teeth and...............

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
That's nothing. They used to be the Bug Eaters. No joke.

Wow...I'm sorry to bring it up then...I apologize...

Cheesbeef and his little brother ThugGansta4Life made me do it! Their holding my chicken hostage!

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by HarleyRider

Ken,

Don't knock it.

Have YOU ever tried husking corn?

There's all those splintery things that get stuck in your skin and you get those blisters right there on the edge of your finger....you know where I'm talking about,

And don't get me started on the SPIDERS!

Big icky, hairy ones with great big teeth and...............

Yeah, but they have the really cool Cornhusker's Oil to sooth your ragged hands...it's not just for husking corn anymore ;)

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Too bad the Husker fans are so spoiled and cannot handle the "absolutely pathetic" year. They still had a winning record. I think it is time to actually embrace the passing game and passing QBs and get with the times. Stopping the run is much easier now for the top programs and the Big 12 has several high quality programs. Too much speed to simply run the ball all the time.

I think it's all about commitment and coaching.

Nebraska has no business beating a team like Miami, Tennesse, Florida State, Florida. Their recruiting classes blow. They get nobody. 85% of their team is from freaking Nebraska.
They get by because guys like Wistrom and KVB demand that people follow their lead when it comes to work. Of course the prima dona's in the NFL won't buy that, but it works at the self-policing college level.

The option rules. To compete for players on a recruiting level by playing the same style would be a disaster. No way a recruit, all things being equal, choses NU over FL.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Oh, THAT'S what the Oil is for,

You're HANDS!

I thought it was for........

Nevermind (blushing)

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Oh we can handle it...we just don't like to. It's the younger Husker fans that have the big problem with it becuase they know nothing but winning. And we did not have a winning record we were 7-7. They did bring in a new offensive coordinator and they are going to throw the ball alot more, 30 to 35 times a game which to some nebraska fans will seem like we turned into Fla. State. Our Non-Conference games are Penn State @Southern Miss Troy State and Utah State. Utah State is only scheduled because TCU backed out of a Home and Home deal....in fact we would have be @TCU this year. Southern Miss and Penn State are by no means patsies. No one schedules all of there out of conference games against great teams there are just too many teams.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You schedule the Omaha School for the Blind Haircutters each year at home.

And Illinois ooc is sooo tough. At least all of the teams Nebraska are playing are DivIA. Not like Illinois State. UCLA is respectable and Cal is a patsie.

You think the Fans want Nebraska to play the likes of Utah State and Troy State? NO! For one the games are not televised and then if a player gets hurt in one of those games it is almost a useless waste. We just got rid of our AD who was all about money THANK YOU TEXAS A&M AND GOOD LUCK! I would suspect the scheduling to be a little better in the future. It is easy to beat up on the big guys but take a look at your own schedule before you start blasting others. Of course Utah State and Troy State are going to be home games because their facilities could not handle the amount of fans that would follow Nebraska. And sad to say it but with most Universities dropping other sports because of lack of money..it is becoming more about money.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
And Illinois ooc is sooo tough. At least all of the teams Nebraska are playing are DivIA. Not like Illinois State. UCLA is respectable and Cal is a patsie.

You think the Fans want Nebraska to play the likes of Utah State and Troy State? NO! For one the games are not televised and then if a player gets hurt in one of those games it is almost a useless waste. We just got rid of our AD who was all about money THANK YOU TEXAS A&M AND GOOD LUCK! I would suspect the scheduling to be a little better in the future. It is easy to beat up on the big guys but take a look at your own schedule before you start blasting others. Of course Utah State and Troy State are going to be home games because their facilities could not handle the amount of fans that would follow Nebraska. And sad to say it but with most Universities dropping other sports because of lack of money..it is becoming more about money.

I am not an Illinois fan per se, just have been to games since I was born and raised in Illinois. Believe me, Virtually every college team schedules patsies and of all the top programs that do I cannot stand it. I want them to be seriously tested outside their conference. There is nothing Nebraska can really do about Baylor and Kansas sucking so bad because they are conference foes. But I think every team should schedule good quality opponents on their non conference games...which is why I want the NCAA to prepare teams non-conference schedules. Let's see the Huskers play FSU, PSU, USC and LSU for their non conference and let's test not only all the players at said schools, but their coaches as well. Make them all home and home to spread the wealth. I think every DI team should have as demanding a non conference schedule as possible. That is how you will spearate the great from the good IMO.

Having said that, Troy St almost won last year didn't they? So possibly they are better than I give them credit for.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not an Illinois fan per se, just have been to games since I was born and raised in Illinois. Believe me, Virtually every college team schedules patsies and of all the top programs that do I cannot stand it. I want them to be seriously tested outside their conference. There is nothing Nebraska can really do about Baylor and Kansas sucking so bad because they are conference foes. But I think every team should schedule good quality opponents on their non conference games...which is why I want the NCAA to prepare teams non-conference schedules. Let's see the Huskers play FSU, PSU, USC and LSU for their non conference and let's test not only all the players at said schools, but their coaches as well. Make them all home and home to spread the wealth. I think every DI team should have as demanding a non conference schedule as possible. That is how you will spearate the great from the good IMO.

Having said that, Troy St almost won last year didn't they? So possibly they are better than I give them credit for.

Yes I agree and that would be fabulous. BUT then the teams like Fresno State would never get the decent recruits because who do they play? My point if all the big boys play each other and ONLY each other the lesser teams will never get better because they don't have the money and don't play the marquee games. That would ruin college football. The lesser teams need to get exposure. For Utah State and Troy State playing teams like Nebraska really does help them not only financially. They can pitch that to recruits and maybe get guys who they may not regualarly and hense get better.

The way you were making it sound was that Nebraska was doing something out of the norm when they are doing exactly what every other big name school is doing.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes I agree and that would be fabulous. BUT then the teams like Fresno State would never get the decent recruits because who do they play? My point if all the big boys play each other and ONLY each other the lesser teams will never get better because they don't have the money and don't play the marquee games. That would ruin college football. The lesser teams need to get exposure. For Utah State and Troy State playing teams like Nebraska really does help them not only financially. They can pitch that to recruits and maybe get guys who they may not regualarly and hense get better.

The way you were making it sound was that Nebraska was doing something out of the norm when they are doing exactly what every other big name school is doing.

I was doing that more to get Sec 11 riled up :D

My example was just a random thought and I agree that even the smaller D1 schools should be able to play the Nebraskas of the world. But maybe a school like Nebraska should only get one of these patsy teams per year...there are enough to go around. I just want to see these top college teams tested.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

My example was just a random thought and I agree that even the smaller D1 schools should be able to play the Nebraskas of the world. But maybe a school like Nebraska should only get one of these patsy teams per year...there are enough to go around. I just want to see these top college teams tested.

We agree!

Hey years and years and years of hearing how Nebraska schedules the patsies gets old. Everyone is doing it. I don't think Section 11 gets too riled up about anything.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

And actually we have 4 OOC games and most teams only have 3. So in essense we are doing exactly what you are talking about. We have 2 legitimate OOC foes being Southern Miss and Penn State and then 2 patsies.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And actually we have 4 OOC games and most teams only have 3. So in essense we are doing exactly what you are talking about. We have 2 legitimate OOC foes being Southern Miss and Penn State and then 2 patsies.

I question the legitimacy of Southern Miss...not because they are bad but because the BCS (don't get me started on a playoff system because we will never agree on that) says they are bad by their conference affiliation. That is what the current system comes down to. Affiliation.

Now, let's play with the Huskers schedule. This year they are home to PSU @Southern Miss (I thought this was in Lincoln but...), Home to Utah St and home to Troy State.

Next year, their Non conference should look like this (as an pure example: @PSU, home vs Southern Miss, @USC, home vs New Mexico St.

The next year: Home vs USC, @ NMSU, home vs FSU, @ Michigan St.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22