Who will be the biggest bust of the 2013 NFL Draft?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
This guy has the biggest bust of the draft:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going into week 3 and Dion Joran is 3rd on the depth chart at RDE behind Olivier Vernon
and Vaughn Martin. He has one tackle and one sack so far in very limited playing time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going into week 3 and Dion Joran is 3rd on the depth chart at RDE behind Olivier Vernon
and Vaughn Martin. He has one tackle and one sack so far in very limited playing time.

Yeah, I'd like to take back my stance on Jordan. I thought he'd be a stud not a bust.

Steve

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins have 1st round draft pick bust history on their side. It goes way back and does not go away.

John Bosa
Eric Kumerow
John Avery
Ted Ginn family
Jake Long
Jared Odrick
Vontae Davis
Jason Allen
Ronnie Brown
Jamar Fletcher
Yatil Green

etc.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Dolphins have 1st round draft pick bust history on their side. It goes way back and does not go away.

John Bosa
Eric Kumerow
John Avery
Ted Ginn family
Jake Long
Jared Odrick
Vontae Davis
Jason Allen
Ronnie Brown
Jamar Fletcher
Yatil Green

etc.

OT, but I think Bosa is his dad and Kumerow his uncle, but Joey Bosa started last week at DE for OSU as a true freshman.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The Friday afternoon news dump is a tried and true tactic for any organization looking to get some negative press in and out of the news cycle as quickly as possible. With tomorrow being a holiday and most of America already checked out for the long weekend, the NFL decided to unleash a classic news dump.

First they let us know that Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan, who looks "as if he took an air pump and plugged it into his arms and shoulders this offseason," will be suspended for four games for testing positive for PEDs.

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-is-dumping-bad-news-on-us-while-nobody-is-payin-1599955487

:mrgreen:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put it down in stone now so we can laugh at you later....

In 2012 I said Michael Floyd, hoped to hell we wouldn't pick him, and then we did.

In 2013 I have the horrible suspicion that history will repeat itself. I am going with Lane Johnson, and hope to hell that we don't pick him.

So there you have it. In 5 years when he is a lock for the Hall of Fame you can all ridicule me.

Lane Johnson

....edited to fix an unclear/misleading sentence.

Kudos, Dr. Jones.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called the Jordan thing in fact I think I even joked unless he started doping he'd have a problem with not being strong enough in the NFL. Anybody that saw him in college saw a great athlete who wasn't that productive and was clearly way too skinny. He was trying to gain weight his whole time at Oregon so 17 pounds in a few months this offseason was a pretty obvious red flag.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called the Jordan thing in fact I think I even joked unless he started doping he'd have a problem with not being strong enough in the NFL. Anybody that saw him in college saw a great athlete who wasn't that productive and was clearly way too skinny. He was trying to gain weight his whole time at Oregon so 17 pounds in a few months this offseason was a pretty obvious red flag.

When the Fish drafted him and said they would play him as a true DE, I knew he would fail. Too bad as I still think the kid could be a solid OLB in a 3-4.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Fish drafted him and said they would play him as a true DE, I knew he would fail. Too bad as I still think the kid could be a solid OLB in a 3-4.

Yes that's a great point much of it is due to who drafted him and where they wanted him to play. It was just obvious that he was one of those kids who would have trouble getting big without "help". That was the book on him coming into college, great athlete needs to get much stronger, and that was the book on him his whole career in college.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Im prob the only guy on this board wholl confidently say I believe Geno is a very good QB and would be thrilled to draft him at #7.

Mainly because his deep ball prowess is some of the best Ive ever seen. Ever. and this a deep ball offense now. 2 + 2.

So, theres a risk we may be missing out on our franchise guy this year. Maybe not, but maybe so.

So did Brett Favre and Peyton Manning

You cant just immediately attach a guy to the worst possible example and say "See!"

Nobody knows. IMO, Geno will be very good.

Geno Smith went 2 for 8 for five yards and three interceptions yesterday. Yeesh.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dee Milliner

and

Jarvis Jones

I wanted to say Tavon Austin, but despite not being the impact player that people seem to think he will be, I still think he will stick in the league as a 2 or 3 WR since it is such a passing league.

Well, if someone else is going to pull this up...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dion Jordan had what can only hope turns out to be a breakout game yesterday for the Fins. Blocked punt plus an absolutely amazing coverage of Calvin Johnson in the end zone.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Dion Jordan had what can only hope turns out to be a breakout game yesterday for the Fins. Blocked punt plus an absolutely amazing coverage of Calvin Johnson in the end zone.

its kind of how Oregon used him as well --

an all around guy who rushed the passer from time to time

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldnt label Dion a bust yet

He might be the most misused player in the NFL. Granted, which isnt an excuse. Youre suppose to thrive wherever the coaches put you, like Deone has for us.

Id still be happy to have him. I think Bowles would make him a monster on our team.

As for Geno Smith, I think the JETS have alot to do with his struggles. System matters. Team, support, coaches matter. Theres not many who can succeed in the toxic environment of Rexs Jets. See Mark Sanchez look outstanding in his outting last weekend with the Eagles.

I still think Geno is very talented.

The 1 guy I was flat wrong on was EZ Ansah. Not in a million years did I think he would even make the cut in the NFL, and now here he is, an emerging playmaker.

Kudos to him. I thought he was just too raw.

all in all tho, thats looking like a terrible draft. 8 of the 10 lotto picks are looking bust-ish right now

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt label Dion a bust yet

He might be the most misused player in the NFL. Granted, which isnt an excuse. Youre suppose to thrive wherever the coaches put you, like Deone has for us.

Id still be happy to have him. I think Bowles would make him a monster on our team.

I would