Who will lead the Suns in scoring (2013/14)

Who will lead the Suns in scoring average during the 2013/14 season?

• Shannon Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Channing Frye

• Marcin Gortat

• Marcus Morris

• Markieff Morris

• PJ Tucker

• other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm not calling him a liar. It seems that we have much different takes on how to read the statements of public figures. If you want to frame it as "my view of the world," I guess that's your prerogative. Yes, my "view of the world" does include recognizing that public figures don't make it far in any field unless they learn quickly how to modulate everything they say according to the situation.

Look me up when Bledsoe proves to be a poor man's Ben Gordon and everyone is gnashing their teeth about how he's not living up to his potential.

You did avoid calling him a liar in so many words but duplicity means to lie and you left us little room to imagine you weren't talking about Hornacek. (Weasel wording comes to mind - modulating what one says according to the situation.) We do have a different view of the words of public figures - I think they can get quite far being open and honest but its certainly the case that few of them elect to go that route and the world is much the worse for it.

I don't have great expectations for Bledsoe and I hope he doesn't decide he needs to become a high volume scorer - the best we can hope for is that he will be effective on the fast break and that he can play defense the way he has - for 30 minutes per game.

On a championship team his best role may be that of a sixth man - someone who can elevate the defensive intensity and keep the fastbreak hitting on all cylinders. Thats some years away and at the moment we need him to play that way as many minutes as he can handle.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that Dragic doesn't share in Eric's pessimism of what the Bledsoe/Dragic backcourt might bring:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...-good-showing-eurobasket-eyes-turnaround-suns

"He told me he wants to bring back that old Phoenix Suns basketball, up-tempo game, try to create off the dribble and off fast breaks," Dragic told ESPN.com. "Probably a little like we play with Slovenia, putting pressure on the ball and trying and play as fast as possible.

"Of course, we still have a lot of salary cap. Probably next year, we'll go for big names, one of the superstars. But I think we drafted well, especially Alex Len, the big guy from Ukraine. Then we brought in Eric Bledsoe from the Clippers. So I think we'll play together in the backcourt, me as a 2 or 1, him as a 1 or 2. That will be a good combo for us."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake