Who will win the west?

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
lol. just because i think you're team's a sham and the Lakers will win doesn't make me a fan of theirs. it makes me realistic.

You said before that you hate the Lakers. Would you please expand on that a little? Which player do you hate the most? Kobe, Odom, or maybe Bynum? And if you just hate Laker fans, why do you have them in your friends list?

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said before that you hate the Lakers. Would you please expand on that a little? Which player do you hate the most? Kobe, Odom, or maybe Bynum? And if you just hate Laker fans, why do you have them in your friends list?

Why would someone need to "expand" why they hate a team? What does the reason matter?

Chalk me up as another Laker hater. Doesn't mean that I think anybody will beat them in the West. My reason has no bearing on that statement either.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Why would someone need to "expand" why they hate a team? What does the reason matter?

Chalk me up as another Laker hater. Doesn't mean that I think anybody will beat them in the West. My reason has no bearing on that statement either.

Only someone who said he hates the Lakers, but constantly put them and their players on a pedestal and gets very upset when someone disagrees and then gets help from his Laker buddies, who are on his friends list, would have to do that.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only someone who said he hates the Lakers, but constantly put them and their players on a pedestal and gets very upset when someone disagrees and then gets help from his Laker buddies, who are on his friends list, would have to do that.

Cheese is a huge Suns' fan. He and his bro have gone to see the Suns play the Lakers in L.A. and detailed it on here.

He, like most people, likes the Lakers to come out of the West instead of your Spurs.

The main reason myself and other Lakers' fans appear on his friend's list - uh, we're his friends. Seriously, you have no understanding of this board if you can't grasp that. We're a family around here regardless of our team loyalties.

BIM

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
So Brian, I guess he has the Lakers as his second team then and he lied when he said he hated them?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't need to expand on it a little bit. I've been on this board for 7 years. i'm from Phoenix... i bleed Cardinal red and Suns purple and orange.

I think Kobe Bryant is a great player, but hate him just the same and any comparisons that Laker fans make of him to Jordan are an insult to anyone's intelligence.

b) and why do I have those people on my friends list? Maybe because a) i don't take a message board that seriously and b) i live in LA... if I decided not to have any friends who were Laker fans, I'd have none... c) i'm friends with donald and BIM because those Laker fans are first and foremost CARDINALS fans... who've I've met... at games, Super Bowls... you know, out in the real world where I don't decide who my friends are based on what teams they root for.

seriously, accusing me of being a Laker fan is almost as ridiculous as you saying a washed up Sean Elliot could hold Lamar Odom's jock.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Brian, I guess he has the Lakers as his second team then and he lied when he said he hated them?

lol. i don't have a second team. i just like to talk basketball objectively.

come on man. no reason to insult me continually by calling me a laker fan or a liar.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Again you have no clue what you are talking about let alone make any sense. Acknowledging great players, teams and their capabilities has nothing to do with if you like a team or not.

I thought the world of Jordan the player and thought the Bulls teams were some of the best ever. I hated the Bulls team. That didn't make me any less of a Suns fan or mean I was a closet Bulls fan. It didn't also stop me from acknowledging their capabilities either.

Also, are you making the ridiculous statement you can't have Lakers fans as friends? If you are, you are becoming more moronic with every post. Some of my best friends are fans of other teams.

Seriously....I feel dumber for having read your posts. :doi:

Last edited:

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Also, are you making the ridiculous statement you can't have Lakers fans as friends? If you are, you are becoming more moronic with every post. Some of my best friends are fans of other teams.

Seriously....I feel dumber for having read your posts. :doi:

No that's your own strawman argument followed by another personal insult. It's fine with me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No that's your own strawman argument followed by another personal insult. It's fine with me.

Straw man argument?!???!?

Do you know the definition of that statement?

Your argument is based on the fallacy that fans cannot have friends that are fans of another team or that because you have friends that are fans of other teams that you are some supposed closet fan of said team.

Your other part of your argument is based on the fallacy that you can't recognize another teams greatness or be realistic in your evaluations because you are a fan of another team. If you do, again you are a closet fan of said team or it's your "2nd team".

Your stances are the POSTER CHILD for straw man arguments. Seriously, please stop. You are just going further down the rabbit hole. It's embarrassing. Your simply being a homer and don't like it when people make statements contrary to putting your team on a pedestal (i.e. saying the Lakers are better).

Sounds like your too vested in what a Sun's fans think.......about team X........as it relates to the Spurs. You do realize how ridiculous you sound right? You do this with all the NBA team fan boards or does the Suns board have a special place in your heart?

Last edited:

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Arguing with these Texas fans is making you sound like a Laker fan. Watch yourself.

I'm not the only one who thought he sounded as a Laker fan.

Feel free to add more strawman arguments, I will not respond to them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it was a reply to this post.

what's your point? that poster still knows who I am and where I stand. the fact that... ah forget it.

believe what you want to believe dude.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Straw man argument?!???!?

Do you know the definition of that statement?

Your argument is based on the fallacy that fans cannot have friends that are fans of another team or that because you have friends that are fans of other teams that you are some supposed closet fan of said team.

Your other part of your argument is based on the fallacy that you can't recognize another teams greatness or be realistic in your evaluations because you are a fan of another team. If you do, again you are a closet fan of said team or it's your "2nd team".

Your stances are the POSTER CHILD for straw man arguments. Seriously, please stop. You are just going further down the rabbit hole. It's embarrassing. Your simply being a homer and don't like it when people make statements contrary to putting your team on a pedestal (i.e. saying the Lakers are better).
You explained it pretty well (strawman) but it made me remember something I saw on youtube back in the dizzle. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Manu4five -

What's your "NBA bio"? Where are you from and how did you become a Spurs' fan?

Here's mine:

I was born in L.A. (Van Nuys, specifically) and the first team I ever rooted for (in any sport), not counting my own t-ball team, was the Los Angeles Lakers. My favorite player when I was just a kid was Norm Nixon.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Brian, that's cool. I hope you will respect that I keep some personal information secret on this board. Let me just say that I have been a Spurs fan since I could start watch NBA-ball here in Europe in the early 90s (pre Duncan and before our first ring). I have an american friend whith NBA experience. He is a former pro who now works with NBA players as well as younger talents. I have a standing invitation to join him for the all-star festivities. I also know some people within one college ball organisation. Since I live in Europe I also watch a lot of Euro ball. One of the players from my "Euro team" might be drafted this year and this will be very exciting. You will probably not believe this but I don't care about that at all. Cheers.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here ya go BIM. :)

Stands at the podium:
Hi. My name is Mojo. I enjoy getting outrebounded,overmatched up front,waving at the opposition as they drive the lane,trying to score 150 pts per gm by shooting 25 ft feet from the basket and no basketball in June.

The crowd replies: "Hi Suns fan!" :fans:

0/42
number1.gif

GO BULLS! <<< :(

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers just lost at home to the Jazz who were on an 8 game losing streak. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you a cheerleader? :confused:

No, I was a player...that wanted my own team to win. Cheered the rest of the team on from the field/dugout (I've laways been kind of loud :) ).

Still remember that we were called the Yanks and wore red, black, and white. :doi:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05