Who winds up with more yards at the end of the season

who gets more yards?

• Total voters

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Williams will get more total yards, but Beanie will get the tough yards & score more tds.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hightower will get the bulk of the carries in Washington. I can see him having better stats than both our backs.

But I believe the Cardinals will have more wins than Washington, and that is all I care about.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure just what Hightower will be able to bring to the Skins. His fumblitis has reared its ugly head already. Shannahan talks of feeding him the ball over and over in practice, all the while having the defense trying to rip the ball away from him. We tried that here, but were not successful by any means in aleviating that problem. Shannahan has one advantage we didn't have. He has time to keep on with the remedy. Whiz tired early on and benched him. Besides, running was not a priority for Whiz.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hightower will get the bulk of the carries in Washington. I can see him having better stats than both our backs.

But I believe the Cardinals will have more wins than Washington, and that is all I care about.

+1

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
That's a tough one. I hesitantly went with Williams.

We all know who will have the most fumbles though. ;)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson in his first 3 years in the league had 915 carries and 20 fumbles. Last year he had 1 fumble. Apparently it is curable.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

Ryan Torain is the #1 option in Washington, and when healthy, is a much better runner than Hightower. It's highly unlikely he'll get more carries than Torain.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ryan Torain is the #1 option in Washington, and when healthy, is a much better runner than Hightower. It's highly unlikely he'll get more carries than Torain.

No way. Torain is average at best.

If he can hang on to the ball, Timmy should overtake the starting role.

As far as the OP's question goes, I went with Beanis.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
No way. Torain is average at best.

If he can hang on to the ball, Timmy should overtake the starting role.

As far as the OP's question goes, I went with Beanis.
Indeed he might be average, but he's still better than Hightower. More physical runner, doesnt fumble near as much, and Shannahan loves him. Drafted him in Denver, and brought him over to Washington. Plus he went to asu, so im a lil biased :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Baby Sweetness.....The Bean opens the season as the starter behind a newly shuffled O-Line, and struggles a bit....just as the line is getting it together the coach makes a change at RB and gives the rookie the nod.......makes it look like the RB was the problem the whole time...... Williams runs well, the team does well.......and Thesmel melts down because wis set the Bean up to fail....

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Beanie beanie bo beanie, bananafana fo feanie, me my mo meanie....

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams will lead us in yards although Beanie will have a decent year. Roy Helu will lead the Skins in yards. Hightower won't get more than a hundred carries unless both Torain and Helu miss significant time because of injury.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beanie beanie bo beanie, bananafana fo feanie, me my mo meanie....

Oh no, the Leenart faction took down another Cards fan.:) Or were you just channeling Shirley Ellis?

Steve

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I should say Beanie. He's the starter, Hightower is on a crappy team as a backup. But I said Williams. Why? I'm hoping he's better than we think.

If the reports are true about how he's able to shift directions without slowing down, I think it may be possible. If Beanie gets injured, that's even more of a possibility.

Obviously a guess.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh no, the Leenart faction took down another Cards fan.:) Or were you just channeling Shirley Ellis?

Steve

No I'm a huge Shirley fan. :D

You must be registered for see images

No really tho I think Beanies gonna have a good year.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
I pick THT but hope I am wrong. I hope Williams is better than I think he is. And while I have made my decision on Beanie I hope to be proven wrong. I am betting THT wins out the starting spot in Washington. Torain is ok but THT has a work ethic that wins over coaching staffs. And the only true knock on him is the fumbles which we all know can be fixed. And if there is one guy who is coachable and willing to try new things and work hard at it, it is THT. Like I said I hope I am wrong just for the Cards. But I still think they dealt the wrong RB.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm pretty sure Williams evaded more tacklers at or behind the LOS in 5 carries last night than Beanie did all last season. I really hope beanie breaks out this year, but if the injury bug knocks and Ryan gets a chance to start he is going to run wild. His ability to make guys miss around the LOS is huge, because our run blocking is atrocious more often than not. Beanie looked good on that run he bounced outside and stiff armed a defender to the ground, but then he got stuffed in his goal line opportunities and missed a fairly easy TD when he ran into that mass of lineman when there was a hole to his left.

Really hoping Beanie steps it up this year, but I think Williams is by far the better all around back. He runs extremely hard, has great vision, is very elusive, and always seems to find a way to at least gain a few yards. I loved that 5 yard run he had last night where he spun out of a backfield tackle, and then evaded/carried 2-3 tacklers to somehow gain a nice chunk of yards. Beanie is dead in the backfield on at least 2 of the carries I saw williams turn into gains. Hopefully he picks up pass protection quickly, because that is going to determine how involved he is in our offense early on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05