• Boldin

Votes: 87 80.6%
  • Fitz

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters

michigancardsfan

Michigan fan
Reaction score
Who do you think will be the better reciever this year and actually who is just the better reciever

Boldin or Fitz

this is kinda tough lol

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Who ever scores the most TD's. Which I think will be Fitz. Not downgrading Boldins abilities at all, I just put a higher premium on TD's.

OP
OP
M

michigancardsfan

Michigan fan
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Who ever scores the most TD's. Which I think will be Fitz. Not downgrading Boldins abilities at all, I just put a higher premium on TD's.

well TD's win you games

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
michigancardsfan said:
well TD's win you games

So does getting first downs on 3rd and 10 and moving the chains in between the 20's.

With Fitz physical abilities it is a given thathe will be the primary redzone target. But you have to get to the redzone.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
So does getting first downs on 3rd and 10 and moving the chains in between the 20's.

With Fitz physical abilities it is a given thathe will be the primary redzone target. But you have to get to the redzone.

But it doesnt matter if you get there and dont score.

Which came first the chicken or the egg? :D

I think it is harder to score in the red zone then it is to move the ball between the 20's.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I think it is harder to score in the red zone then it is to move the ball between the 20's.

I dont know about that. Watching Boldin make a living over the middle and getting his teeth knocked out play after play and still holding onto the ball.

You cant convince me that jumping on a fade pattern in the corner of the endzone to haul in a pass is more difficult.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
maybe so poster above but this sure beats the hell out of debating the better of Martay Jenkins and Frank Sanders.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
Q...Q....and Q. I am talking about right now. Who knows what the future will bring. Q has probably reached his peak. Hopefully Fitz hasn't.

How so exactly?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Though call...

Boldin is the better football player, but Fitz have the most potential as a WR IMO. I love Boldin's entusiasm on the field, but if you look this rationally it comes down to who our opponents are more likely to put double coverage on. My guess is Fitz.

Last edited:

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who's better? The one who commands the MOST respect from NFL secondary's and coaches. ;)

Problem is...pick your poison fella's. You got "Q" who goes over the middle and breaks tackles after the catch for long gains, or Mr. Fitzgerald who out jumps you. Then you have to worry about Johnson having a breakout year due to being somewhat of an afterthought. Give me a break. Defensive coordinators will have their hands full this year going against the Cards lethal offensive weapons. Didn't even mention JJ out of the backfield yet. Watch out NFL! :thumbup:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I still maintian

though his numbers don't touch either of the other two, B.J, is a very good receiver and last year made some excellent catches, when needed to keep drives alive and move the chains. He is a top pick of mine for a breakout year IF wWarner can see him. Evry D will key on the other two and the RB. This is Johnson's year.
GIMME RED! GO CARDINALS!!!!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, Quan, but I hope that all three have super years so we can debate about this all season long.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
michigancardsfan said:
Who do you think will be the better reciever this year and actually who is just the better reciever

Boldin or Fitz

this is kinda tough lol

Boldin (at this point)

BIM: Who's :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said boldin and here's my rationale. Boldin's rookie year was dramatically better than Fitz' rookie year in terms of total production, and Fitz as I've said before was a MUCH better player after Quan returned than he was without Quan, while Quan did his rookie explosion while Fitz was at Pitt. 6 of his 8 td catches last year came with Quan in the lineup(10 games) and only 2 in the 6 games Quan missed. The reason is that even with Quan playing at less than 100%, we were able to get into scoring range more consistently with Quan than without him, thus giving Fitz more jump ball opportunities where I agree he's as good as anybody in the NFL already.

So I would say it's likely Fitz will catch more Td passes, but a big part of that is Quan moving the chains as Shane said. I also think when asking who's the best WR, you look at everything and Quan is a better blocker and I personally think Quan plays harder. One of the articles I read yesterday talked about how at times last year Fitz wouldn't run out his pattern if he wasn't the primary option and how the Cards are really pushing him to do that this year, I sure don't think the Cards have ever had to ask Anquan boldin to play hard every play?

Fitz has remarkable talent and he's going to be very good for a long time, hopefully with the ankle healthy this year he'll be more explosive, but right now I think Quan is the better player. What a great debate to have though, 2 young WR's that good.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that Q has the highest per-game "target" average? I forget the number, but when he played, he was thrown at more than any other WR in the league last year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Did you know that Q has the highest per-game "target" average? I forget the number, but when he played, he was thrown at more than any other WR in the league last year.

I would believe that, when Quan came back it became apparent that all 3 Qb's who played liked to throw to him. I do recall the Carolina game that King started it seemed like every play was designed for Fitz, but in many other games it seemed like the QB's were just a lot more confident looking for Quan.

I think they can be a great combo, from what I read yesterday, Rowen is moving Quan back into the slot where he excelled as a rookie, so if he can stay healthy I think he's going to be pretty tough to handle this year. If Warner can get rid of the ball quick enough I think it's scary how good Warner to Quan can be.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I would believe that, when Quan came back it became apparent that all 3 Qb's who played liked to throw to him. I do recall the Carolina game that King started it seemed like every play was designed for Fitz, but in many other games it seemed like the QB's were just a lot more confident looking for Quan.

Maybe because Q was the only WR who consistently got separation from the defensive players. Seems that was the #1 complaint by fans about Fitz last season-that he didn't get "open" often enough. Of course that is not something you can easily see on TV recordings so hard to verify.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Maybe because Q was the only WR who consistently got separation from the defensive players. Seems that was the #1 complaint by fans about Fitz last season-that he didn't get "open" often enough. Of course that is not something you can easily see on TV recordings so hard to verify.

True is hard to see on TV. But it was very noticeable all of training camp.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I dont know about that. Watching Boldin make a living over the middle and getting his teeth knocked out play after play and still holding onto the ball.

You cant convince me that jumping on a fade pattern in the corner of the endzone to haul in a pass is more difficult.

Maybe cant convince you but football players are convinced. Ask any football player or coach and they will tell you that the red zone is the hardest place to play on the field. You have less field to work with and the D has less field to cover. The D also becomes a lot more stingy in the red zone as they all buckle down as most players get more pumped up.

Its all about TD's. I dont care how you get to that point. Its easier to get there then it is to finish it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Maybe cant convince you but football players are convinced. Ask any football player or coach and they will tell you that the red zone is the hardest place to play on the field. You have less field to work with and the D has less field to cover. The D also becomes a lot more stingy in the red zone as they all buckle down as most players get more pumped up.

Its all about TD's. I dont care how you get to that point. Its easier to get there then it is to finish it.

At least it was after Quan came back, before then it wasn't all that easy at all. IN fairness, it's possible that Fitz was getting healthier and that had something to do with it. but when you consider the QB carousel in the 2nd half I think it's pretty hard to NOT think that a big reason Fitz got better was the presence of Anquan Boldin.

This sort of goes back to my argument against the so called "clutch player" in any sport. If Fitz really is that much better in the redzone my question is why doesn't he play that well outside the redzone? I don't want a guy who only plays well in the playoffs, I want a guy who helps me get to the playoffs, and I don't want a WR who's average in the middle of the field and superman in the redzone, I want a guy who's superman all over the field.

Fitz is going to be just fine but even he has said he's learning a lot from Quan, and when you consider the kid grew up around NFL players in Minnesota that's a pretty big statement that he is learning from Anquan Boldin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan