• Boldin

Votes: 87 80.6%
  • Fitz

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I think the knock on Fitz not getting "open" enough is very hard to pin on him alone. I think he was getting open - and you could see it on the television coverage of the games. The thing was, McCown wasn't seeing the play develop well enough to get the ball to him fast enough when the opening was there or about to be there. He was always late getting the ball to the receiver. Or the pass wouldn't have the zip to get there in time when he actually did read it properly. This drove me nuts all season long!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Maybe cant convince you but football players are convinced. Ask any football player or coach and they will tell you that the red zone is the hardest place to play on the field. You have less field to work with and the D has less field to cover. The D also becomes a lot more stingy in the red zone as they all buckle down as most players get more pumped up.

Its all about TD's. I dont care how you get to that point. Its easier to get there then it is to finish it.

That's why Larry Kinnebrew was one of the greatest running backs of all time.

Kinnebrew scored a TD every 18 carries. Most of those carries were in the redzone. Better than Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, LTomlinson or Priest Holmes.

Larry was a terrific fantasy football pick for scoring only leagues. Put one in the endzone almost every week.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This is like debating which is better:

A really Hot Blonde.

or

A really Hot Brunette.

Here is my answer, take both choices and put them together. :D

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
What a dilemma we have!!!

I voted for Boldin just because he goes all out all the time. Not to say Fitz doesn't but watching some of the catches Q made his rookie season and the hits he took. He'd just get back up and go at it again.

I am looking forward this year to Q catching in stride and running for 80 yrds!!!

Also, I too was impress with some of BJ's catches last year and would love for him to light it up along with Q and Fitz.

Like I said.... what a dilemma!!

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
How do you choose between two sons. This is a stupid question. They are both different types of recievers.

Fitz is a tall possession reciever who can make spectacular leaping catches.

Boldin is a strong slot reciever who will make the tough catches and get YAC.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shane H said:
So does getting first downs on 3rd and 10 and moving the chains in between the 20's.

With Fitz physical abilities it is a given thathe will be the primary redzone target. But you have to get to the redzone.

Who ever stays healthy the entire season---

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Boldin is better until Fitz proves otherwise. I do have a feeling Fitz could break out this year but Quan will have a solid season in the slot too.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think the knock on Fitz not getting "open" enough is very hard to pin on him alone. I think he was getting open - and you could see it on the television coverage of the games. The thing was, McCown wasn't seeing the play develop well enough to get the ball to him fast enough when the opening was there or about to be there. He was always late getting the ball to the receiver. Or the pass wouldn't have the zip to get there in time when he actually did read it properly. This drove me nuts all season long!

this is true, I saw Fitz open several times down the field but bubbacown didn't see him always looking to dump dump dump pass.

Now that we have a real QB I think we will see both of these guys have big years.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Both Fitz and Quan were highly frustrated with McCown last year. It was pretty obvious when they came to the sidelines after a drive.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
damn... we need the season to start ASAP... who is better?? Fitz or Boldin? I'm all for a healthy debate, but have we really seen enough of either of them to vote?

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Take into consideration

Q's injury.
Fitz had the most receptions for 13.4 avg.
Q next for receptions(2 back) for 11.1
B.J. had the least receptions for 11 yards per catch.
Q was thrown to more often once he came back. Johnson had 9 less receptions than Fitz. 7 less than Q. Consider that the other two are primary receivers. Their stats aren't that far apart.
Fitz, then Johnson had the longest I think.
Anyway you lok at it, with the RB's we have (that can catch also) we're going to give opposing D's fits all year.
then our D will give their O's fits all year. Man i'm loving this.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
though his numbers don't touch either of the other two, B.J, is a very good receiver and last year made some excellent catches, when needed to keep drives alive and move the chains. He is a top pick of mine for a breakout year IF wWarner can see him. Evry D will key on the other two and the RB. This is Johnson's year.
GIMME RED! GO CARDINALS!!!!

Makes alot of sense and reports from camp goers is that Johnson is doing really good...this could be a great solid trio of WR's if he O-line gives Kurt some time..

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
MJ and Bickley were talking about Fitz after they interviewed. They couldnt stop raving about his character and attitude. Boldin has the same thing.

But what I found interesting is that Fitz is not on the special teams but he still shows up for the special teams meetings. Does this kid love football or what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan