Why don't they demote Daigle??

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Casey Daigle has had two decent outings this eason, his back to back starts against the Cubs. Every other time out he stinks the place up and has shown no signs of being able to get guys out and has no confidence.

I would send him down to AAA and bring up Raggio and maybe finally try out Stephen Randolph in the rotation

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Casey Daigle has had two decent outings this eason, his back to back starts against the Cubs. Every other time out he stinks the place up and has shown no signs of being able to get guys out and has no confidence.

I would send him down to AAA and bring up Raggio and maybe finally try out Stephen Randolph in the rotation

I am not sure the alternative right now is better than Daigle. Taking a guess myself, if Daigle flops again against SF, he is down to Tucson where he probably should have started the year anyways. If Jim Parque is back from his ailments, it wouldn;t shock me to see him called up since he has ML starting experience and just a few years ago had a very good year before some injury issues crept up...but he will not save this team at this point.

If my choice is between Raggio and Randolph, I am pressing Randolph into the rotation and bringing up Service

AZZenny

Reaction score
Parque has only had 22 innings and an ERA of 6.35, so don't look for him to be any help. They will rush Reynolds through rehab, is my bet. Ack, that is a depressing thought.

Why not try Randolph and Good as starters? I have no clue why they aren't calling up Scott Service, 20 IP and 3.60 ERA. I can think of some guys to bump off the 40 man. Or try Jon Cannon, picked up from the Independent League (and who is pitching a bit better than any starters under 6'10" tall.)

At this point, Daigle ain't the only youngster who might need a trip to Tucson. In addition to Possum, Webb's inconsistency is a bit unnerving.

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

Putting Randolph in the rotation should be a no-brainer at this point. Leaves you w/ one lefty in the bullpen, but what other choice do you have. I'd rather have a stronger #4 starter than a 2nd left handed reliever.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Forget sending Casey down. Send down Dessens.
Dessens would have to clear waivers first.....but that shouldn't be a problem

RLakin

All Star
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Daigle gets a quality start, which will buy him at least one more week of not living in Tucson.

Yeah this guy seems to perform when it seems like he's on his way to Tucson. Not too surprised, though, as 3Com is a pretty good park for pitchers have (and need) movement on their pitches. Miguel Batista thrived in that park.

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
The announcers were praising Randolph on the tube yesterday. I would say they are "in" when it comes to the latest club house gossip.

I would not be surprised if they get Kim back for the bullpen. He DID scare the webejeebees out of the batters in the ninth inning when he was here...except in the playoffs. We need some wins or those seats are going to be empty pretty soon. Trade Mantei for Kim and some throw-ins or cap space.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
whatever happened to that young pitcher who was called up last season. he was like 20 or something and was from mexico. he had two decent starts and then they sent him back down.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mattyboy said:
whatever happened to that young pitcher who was called up last season. he was like 20 or something and was from mexico. he had two decent starts and then they sent him back down.

Edgar Gonzalez? He's currently in Tucson, but should be promoted immediately...

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
minercon said:
The announcers were praising Randolph on the tube yesterday. I would say they are "in" when it comes to the latest club house gossip.

I would not be surprised if they get Kim back for the bullpen. He DID scare the webejeebees out of the batters in the ninth inning when he was here...except in the playoffs. We need some wins or those seats are going to be empty pretty soon. Trade Mantei for Kim and some throw-ins or cap space.
Rumor has it that Kim is returning back to Korea to have his back examined..... I just hope the Dbacks no longer settle for damaged goods..... Plus, the Red Sox don't need to take on Mantei's contract, especially since they have one of the best closers in the league, Foulke.....

AZZenny

Reaction score
Edgar Gonzalez? He's currently in Tucson, but should be promoted immediately...

You don't want to do that - he's got an ERA over 6, giving up a lotta walks. Just more of what we've already got. There are no starters ready in Tucson, believe me. Good was the closest thing. Gosling is just starting to lower his ERA - its like 4.60 now, and was much worse. Pray he keeps that trend going.

There are two relievers who can probably handle a couple innings at a time who should certainly be up here instead of Bruney and Choate - - Brandon Villafuerte, ERA around 3.0, and Scott Service, ERA around 3.60, neither especially prone to giving up walks.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
You don't want to do that - he's got an ERA over 6, giving up a lotta walks. Just more of what we've already got. There are no starters ready in Tucson, believe me. Good was the closest thing. Gosling is just starting to lower his ERA - its like 4.60 now, and was much worse. Pray he keeps that trend going.

There are two relievers who can probably handle a couple innings at a time who should certainly be up here instead of Bruney and Choate - - Brandon Villafuerte, ERA around 3.0, and Scott Service, ERA around 3.60, neither especially prone to giving up walks.
I know this is moot now sense the Dbacks did end-up recalling Service, however, Service doesnt figure into the long-term (while someone like Gonazalez does)...... It's about time the Dbacks stop with this charade (thinking that they have a chance to clinch the NL West this season) and stop bringing in the likes of Service, Alomar, and Choate who are more "stop-gaps" that are affecting the development of long-term players.......

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05