Why hasn't the MVP award been announced yet?

sunsfn

Reaction score
Stern is rewriting & rewriting his speech for presenting the award, trying to say something intelligent about the reasons Nowitzki won the award!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, when do they give it to Dirk if he won? He will get booed no matter where it happens.

If Nash had won, he'd have it by now.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing they are waiting to see if the Suns get knocked out this round, which could save the NBA some face if Nowitzki is in fact the MVP award recipient.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
It would almost be disrespectful to Nash if Dirk got the MVP award while the Suns were at home. I'm thinking it will happen Saturday in SA or, better yet, presented in different game.

That's not what I said. What I said, is that if Nash won the MVP, they would have given it to him during the Spurs game on Sunday. Since they didn't, that means someone else won the award. Just like the last 2 years, the MVP is given to theplayer that wins the award at the FIRST playoff game in the 2nd round @ home. Since that didn't happen with Nash it is most likely Dirk that won the award.

That's when I joked about trying to find Dirk in the backwoods lake fishing in Germany.

They will not give it to someone at a playoff game if their team is no longer in the playoffs. They will schedule a press conference to hand the award out.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I'm bettin that Dirk will get the trophy in the TnT studios during the T-Mobile Halftime Report.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a presentation in the Bay area at the GS/Utah game. That would be classic!
This is EXACTLY how I think it should go down. Glad I'm not the only one that sadistic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not what I said. What I said, is that if Nash won the MVP, they would have given it to him during the Spurs game on Sunday. Since they didn't, that means someone else won the award. Just like the last 2 years, the MVP is given to theplayer that wins the award at the FIRST playoff game in the 2nd round @ home. Since that didn't happen with Nash it is most likely Dirk that won the award.

That's when I joked about trying to find Dirk in the backwoods lake fishing in Germany.

They will not give it to someone at a playoff game if their team is no longer in the playoffs. They will schedule a press conference to hand the award out.

Sounds logical to me.

I think almost all of us want Dirk to receive the MVP award (if he gets it) in a respectful manner because next to Nash, he is the best candidate. Dirk had a great season.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05