Why hasn't the MVP award been announced yet?

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I thought it was supposed to be out early this week. Is there any chance that Nash could still win it or has it already been decided that Nowitzski has won it?

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They're waiting for a major world crisis so the embarassing news will get lost. :p

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They're waiting for the David Hasselhoff video fiasco to subside a bit

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
It's because Nash didn't win it. If he had, they would have presented it to him game 1 against the Spurs at home. That means that most likely Dirk won it and they have to schedule it all with a press conference from the back woods lakes of Germany.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's because Nash didn't win it. If he had, they would have presented it to him game 1 against the Spurs at home. That means that most likely Dirk won it and they have to schedule it all with a press conference from the back woods lakes of Germany.

It would almost be disrespectful to Nash if Dirk got the MVP award while the Suns were at home. I'm thinking it will happen Saturday in SA or, better yet, presented in different game.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
It would almost be disrespectful to Nash if Dirk got the MVP award while the Suns were at home. I'm thinking it will happen Saturday in SA or, better yet, presented in different game.

Does Dirk have to be present for the presentation of the award? I hope not. Talk about an awkward moment fit for a "Want to get away?" commercial....

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score

Likely a different game somewhere. Can you just imagine the reaction of the crowd at USAC if the award were presented to Dirk at a Suns game here? It would be worse than brutal. Then again, if they did it in San Antonio during one of the next two games, Spurs fans would probably give him a standing ovation just on principle, so they might use that as a cover-up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likely a different game somewhere. Can you just imagine the reaction of the crowd at USAC if the award were presented to Dirk at a Suns game here? It would be worse than brutal. Then again, if they did it in San Antonio during one of the next two games, Spurs fans would probably give him a standing ovation just on principle, so they might use that as a cover-up.

If I have learned anything about the Spurs/ Mavs rivalry, the fans in San Antonio have no love loss between the teams. They might even boo Dirk who I highly respect. If Dirk wins it, he deserves better.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
If I have learned anything about the Spurs/ Mavs rivalry, the fans in San Antonio have no love loss between the teams. They might even boo Dirk who I highly respect. If Dirk wins it, he deserves better.

That's right, too -- didn't think about that. Since the Mavs are out of the playoffs now, maybe they'll just take the easy road and do it at a press conference.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i think they do it in a press conference..

or at the start of the pre-season

haha that would be awesome if they waited until next season to give it to him, or to even address the issue

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
Dirk is obviously NOT the MVP, but technically he was during the reg. season. Therefore Stern's faced with a catch 22: either he cooks the books and gives it to Nash, or he gives it to a complete loser.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Jeb Busha and gives it to Nash.

Who cares? If there's one thing I've realized of Nash, pressure doesn't get to him.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the NBA will simply "forget" to give the award this year, thus prompting the following interviews:

Reporter: why wasn't there an MVP award this year?

David Stern: MV-what, I have no idea what your talking about.... Lets talk about steriods, proud to say none of those are in the NBA...

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dirk is obviously NOT the MVP, but technically he was during the reg. season. Therefore Stern's faced with a catch 22: either he cooks the books and gives it to Nash, or he gives it to a complete loser.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Jeb Busha and gives it to Nash.

Who cares? If there's one thing I've realized of Nash, pressure doesn't get to him.

If it were possible, the best scenario is for Nash and Dirk to get co-MVPs. Personally I don't think there is any reason for Dirk to shrug from the award. He had a great regular season as did Nash. Now I would be upset if a player like Kobe won it because of meaningless stats.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Maybe they're changing the title on the plaque to Most Invisible Player.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Perhaps some of the ballots were "lost in the mail". Maybe they're contacting those voters to have them "re-vote".

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Yep, I can see the Supreme Court giving it to Nash...