Why the playoffs are a reality

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching students take the AIMS test, and I'm looking over the internet for football stuff. I've come to the conclusion that the 49er's offense will run the ball a lot, and TO will be gone. Their D isn't all that, so I see them finishing around 6-10. We've been good at stopping the run so I think we'll have their number this year. Also, half their staff has left, and I doubt they'll be replaced with better people.

The Rams have officially separated themselves from Vermeil's reign. Lovey is gone, and we all know first hand how their new DC is. They also have a new LB coach. They'll sink a lot of money into Grant, and honestly Marc isn't a good QB. I'll be shocked to see the Rams back in the play-offs.

Having two teams in our division suck is great news. We have a tough schedule, but so does everyone is our division. I honestly think the title will be up for grabs, and I see the Cards winning a bunch of games toward the end of the season.

I see a lot of battling until the end of the season, kinda like the Bengals and the Ravens did last year.

Just some random thoughts...

Last edited:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
AIMS Test: Had fun? :D

I did...I had two hours to work on my homework because I exceded the reading last year.

Question: Because last yyear only like 1% of the kids exceded the writing, are they going to make it easier to exceed the writing this year?

BTW, the AIMS Test is STUPID!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 things I want to see this year.

1. Cards win division
2. Rams suck
3. 49rs suck

Seahawks don't inspire any hatred since they don't have arrogant fans like the other 2 teams so 8-8 is ok for them. As long as we beat them I don't care about the rest of their season.

BTW, I want the Niners and Rams to suck. Have I mentioned that yet?

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Arthur Coon:

Yeah. I'm guessing my students will take about 45 minutes to complete the AIMS writing.

Remember: FIVE PARAGRAPH ESSAY!!!

I also hold no grudge against the Hawks, but they have good enough CBs to stop our up and coming passing attack!!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
Yeah. I'm guessing my students will take about 45 minutes to complete the AIMS writing.

Remember: FIVE PARAGRAPH ESSAY!!!

:D

:thumbup:

and in conclusion:

:raccoon:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by arthurracoon
AIMS Test: Had fun? :D

I did...I had two hours to work on my homework because I exceded the reading last year.

Question: Because last yyear only like 1% of the kids exceded the writing, are they going to make it easier to exceed the writing this year?

BTW, the AIMS Test is STUPID!

If anyone else can decipher this, you get 10 points :confused:

:wave: :thumbup: :p

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
If anyone else can decipher this, you get 10 points :confused:

:wave: :thumbup: :p

The AIMS test is a test every kid in Arizona takes in grades 10, 11, and 12. It's a disaster. For this year's 9th graders, they must pass it to graduate. So technically, a student could get a 4.0 all throughout high school and still not graduate. Everyone, teachers, parents, kids, hate this test. Also, if a school has less than 95% of its students take the test, that school gets in serious trouble.

Hopefully this clears up the waters for you, and I'll take those 10 points!!!

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
The AIMS test is a test every kid in Arizona takes in grades 10, 11, and 12. It's a disaster. For this year's 9th graders, they must pass it to graduate. So technically, a student could get a 4.0 all throughout high school and still not graduate. Everyone, teachers, parents, kids, hate this test. Also, if a school has less than 95% of its students take the test, that school gets in serious trouble.

Hopefully this clears up the waters for you, and I'll take those 10 points!!!

10 POINTS to ORAN :thumbup:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Assface

Seahawks don't inspire any hatred since they don't have arrogant fans like the other 2 teams so 8-8 is ok for them. As long as we beat them I don't care about the rest of their season.

After that pasting they put on us at our own house last year?

I want some pay back for that.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Sorry, no playoffs. Vikesfan said that all of our players stink and, well, that's all I needed to hear. I'm convinced.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Sorry, no playoffs. Vikesfan said that all of our players stink and, well, that's all I needed to hear. I'm convinced.

Thanks for the confidence in me but I have been wrong more then once. ;)

Just to clarify I didn't say all Cards players suck. Just that there is an inordinate amount of them that are mediocre or barely mediocre.

By the way I also said I think SF and STL are going downhill and that I think SEA is overrated.

Who knows maybe 8-8 or even 7-9 could win the NFC West next year. If that is the case the Card might have a shot even with the lack of quality players on the team.

Not that its all that likely but hey I can paint you a pretty picture. Start wih signing several key quality FAs. A healthy Starks. McCown blossoms. The 1st round pick plays at Pro-Bowl Level and the 2nd round pick is a solid starter - maybe even the 3rd rounder... then with some good coaching.
Possible but not likely.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Also, if a school has less than 95% of its students take the test, that school gets in serious trouble.

Question:

Now at our school they said if youve already exceded you can't take it again. Does this count against the 95%?

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by Assface
3 things I want to see this year.
1. Cards win division
2. Rams suck
3. 49rs suck

4 Things I want to see happem:

1. Cards win Super Bowl and have a perfect season
2. Rams suck
3. 49rs suck
4. Seahawks suck

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
Question:

Now at our school they said if youve already exceded you can't take it again. Does this count against the 95%?

No.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crimson Warrior
After that pasting they put on us at our own house last year?

I want some pay back for that.

when the Cards come up here to play Seattle I'm going to go to that game. I hope we whollup them 50-0. I also hope there will be another Cards fan in the stadium.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I am sorry to rain on your parade, and I hope I am dead wrong, but with the current talent level on this team I dont see anything better than 6-10, maybe and its a BIG maybe 7-9 if all the breaks go the Cards way.

Of course with Free Agency and the drfat yet to take place lots of things can change, and maybe it will...but playoffs? I dont think so.

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
If we start going deep, and actually have WRs who can catch, we'll finish 8-8 or better. A lot depends on the o and d lines. I think people are forgeting how powerful Green's offenses were.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
The Rams will finish at around 9-7. The offense is still good, i wish we still had Lovey, but thats the wayt he NFL works.

spanky1

Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
I am sorry to rain on your parade, and I hope I am dead wrong, but with the current talent level on this team I dont see anything better than 6-10, maybe and its a BIG maybe 7-9 if all the breaks go the Cards way.

Of course with Free Agency and the drfat yet to take place lots of things can change, and maybe it will...but playoffs? I dont think so.

So wait until FA and he draft are over.......what a stupid post!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
So let's recap,

The only things that have happened since Poole made "The Catch" against Minnesota is:

1) Mac fired.

2) Denny hired.

3) Blake and Billy G canned.

4) McCown named starter.

And from this, people are predicting 6-10 or 7-9?

Come on guys, this is exactly why I haven't been posting much lately, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!

I'm not much of a speculation or "what-if" guy. Wait until FA and the draft pan out, we find out who becomes this years training camp-season-ending-injury, and then make predictions.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK

Last year we should of won the:

Detriot game
Baltimore game
Ram game at home
Carolina game

There may be more but those were the one's that came to mind.

With good coaching and game planning, I think that we could of won those games...with the 2003 talent that we had.

2004 will be a whole new attitude and I appreciate that Green will sit a player if the performance is not there.

Hopefully we can get a couple of good free agents, have a good draft, change the team attitude (no heads down after a 1st qtr fumble!), and stay healthy.

Until Green does wrong on Sunday, I have to support him. I believe he can get rid of the "here we go again" attitude.

Good luck to Michael B., Green, and Graves this offseason.