Why was Harrison Still in the game at the end

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me this was a critical failure that he wasn't ejected.

Anybody think the last series would have gone down the same with him gone ?

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
It seems to me this was a critical failure that he wasn't ejected.

Anybody think the last series would have gone down the same with him gone ?

The whole time I was saying if Kurt gets it in the air its a ball game and theres no changing my mind about that. He gets a jump ball to fitz, and we are watching the niners game all over again.. if if if

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woodley was the one who hit Warner. I don't think Harrison was even rushing on that play.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Woodley was the one who hit Warner. I don't think Harrison was even rushing on that play.

I think he was referring to the play where Harrison blocked a guy and then took some wacky swings/shoves at his back before throwing his man like a ragdog. I could see him getting tossed, I guess. I guess the personal foul was enough for the refs.

NFL players almost never get tossed from games. Especially on a national stage when it's the defensive MVP. Harrison never seemed like a dirty player outside of that crazy replay.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he was referring to the play where Harrison blocked a guy and then took some wacky swings/shoves at his back before throwing his man like a ragdog. I could see him getting tossed, I guess. I guess the personal foul was enough for the refs.

NFL players almost never get tossed from games. Especially on a national stage when it's the defensive MVP. Harrison never seemed like a dirty player outside of that crazy replay.

He asked if anyone thought the last series would've went down any differently had he been tossed. I don't think he did anything on those last few plays. The only thing I could think of was he confused him and Woodley.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
He asked if anyone thought the last series would've went down any differently had he been tossed. I don't think he did anything on those last few plays. The only thing I could think of was he confused him and Woodley.

Ah, true enough then.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yeah - after seeing the fact that the player was not tossed, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL handed down a suspension for a game or two starting next regular season.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Isn't this called "Roid Rage"?

You must be registered for see images attach

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time we play lets have AW get a free punch at Ben and see what you say.

Exactly. Turn around the colors there, and all of the sudden that play doesn't elicit this.... :D

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well, they called the penalty - just not the ejection. Like I said, I think the NFL will hand out a nice suspension starting with the 1st regular season game. The player, agent, and NFLPA will fight it all offseason, but I think it will stick.

Players have been suspended for less.

RolleRocks

Registered
Reaction score
Well, they called the penalty - just not the ejection. Like I said, I think the NFL will hand out a nice suspension starting with the 1st regular season game. The player, agent, and NFLPA will fight it all offseason, but I think it will stick.

Players have been suspended for less.
Who cares if they suspend the guy against the Cleveland Browns?

The guy punched one of our players. That is an unquestioned ejection.

It's not like the refs didn't see it.

They called the penalty.

They simply didn't have the balls to throw the guy out.

The NFL should bust that ballless official down to high school football games.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Who cares if they suspend the guy against the Cleveland Browns?

The guy punched one of our players. That is an unquestioned ejection.

It's not like the refs didn't see it.

They called the penalty.

They simply didn't have the balls to throw the guy out.

The NFL should bust that ballless official down to high school football games.

And if it was a Card throwing the punch, they would.. well actually they wouldn't because it never would get to this point as he would be ejected. They protected the Steelers, just as they have done and will continue to do.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
keep it coming....i'm lmao over here. :D

You're trying to trash talk in a game that your team needed a comeback on the final drive to defeat one of the biggest underdogs in Superbowl history?

Seriously that's just sad.

As for this topic, both Madden and Michaels (neither cards fans as far as I know) were both adamant about Harrison needing to be ejected.

quadruple yoi

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're trying to trash talk in a game that your team needed a comeback on the final drive to defeat one of the biggest underdogs in Superbowl history?

Seriously that's just sad.

As for this topic, both Madden and Michaels (neither cards fans as far as I know) were both adamant about Harrison needing to be ejected.

noone will remember this except you. the cards lost. good luck next year!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
noone will remember this except you. the cards lost. good luck next year!

If it were a blowout, maybe. However this was a good game where the favorite had to make a last second drive to comeback against "the worst playoff team ever"

I'm guessing people will remember this for more than a few years.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
This game will be remembered as is Super Bowl XL... that is to say, a lot of fishy calls and a tainted winner. Just so happens that the Steelers are the benefactors in each instance.

As far as a suspension next seasn goes... yeah, a day late and a dollar short.

quadruple yoi

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If it were a blowout, maybe. However this was a good game where the favorite had to make a last second drive to comeback against "the worst playoff team ever"

I'm guessing people will remember this for more than a few years.

let me give you a lesson. noone remembers the losers hun, just the winners. :)