Will Chad Greenway be...

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
just a solid pro, or the second coming of Brian Urlacher? There are similarities between the two.

- Their measurables are damn similar.
- Both are rural farm boys.
- Both started their college careers as safeties.
- Both project as roughly the same type of pro linebacker. Speed, excelling in coverage and run support.

Depending on how well we address our major weaknesses in FA (offensive line, rb, defensive tackle, free safety) this guy might very well be the BPA. If he is the real deal, he could take our defense to the next level. Scary good.

Last edited:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Look at my location?! How could I not give a big ole' :raccoon: for these sentiments?

I would be one of the happiest Cards fans in exsistance if we picked up Chad. He's defense, which is my favorite side to watch AND he's worth the pick.

OP
OP
red desert

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Look at my location?! How could I not give a big ole' :raccoon: for these sentiments?

I would be one of the happiest Cards fans in exsistance if we picked up Chad. He's defense, which is my favorite side to watch AND he's worth the pick.

I agree. Some will say that linebacker is not a position of need for us, but if he is the stud I think he is, we can't afford not to take him under the BPA school of thought. Other than Dansby, no other linebacker we have has yet proven they are a STUD. Greenway is a STUD.

If you look back at some of the greatest defenses of our time you will see that they have more than just one STUD linebacker. The Bears had Singletary and Marshal, the Steelers had Russel, Ham and Lambart, and so forth...

Assuming Young doesn't drop to us, let's take Greenway.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've herd it said that the kid that plays next to him his damn good as well. Can't think of his name. SuperSpck, maybe you can help.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
... gotta get me one of those!

I'll put some shiny metal wheels on mine, the kids all seem to love them. Then again, birds love shiny things too and the last thing I need is a bunch of birds flying into my bandwagon 'cause then Greenway would be like "there is a whole bunch of dead birds around that wagon, perhaps it would be best to go someplace else, with less dead birds as it were."

man, now everything's ruined.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Abdul Hodge

He's a MLB isn't he? We could use some help there i think. Hayes has shown flashes and I hope he is the answer but It wouldn't hurt to have some more help there. Darling is good but I think he is better suited outside plus he is not getting any younger.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well then it's settled, Greenway with pick one and if we're lucky Hodge with pick two!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
... gotta get me one of those!

I'll put some shiny metal wheels on mine, the kids all seem to love them. Then again, birds love shiny things too and the last thing I need is a bunch of birds flying into my bandwagon 'cause then Greenway would be like "there is a whole bunch of dead birds around that wagon, perhaps it would be best to go someplace else, with less dead birds as it were."

man, now everything's ruined.

:biglaugh:

spanky1

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with the fact he only did 16 reps. He'll be there at #10......I hope there are better.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
Greenway also covered 4.32 WR Chad Jackson as a slot receiver during their bowl game and did it very well. Thats pretty impressive.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
I wasn't impressed with the fact he only did 16 reps. He'll be there at #10......I hope there are better.

WEAK!

Anyway, he's a good player but I would rather see us get Huff there.

nickolaskus

Reaction score
He hurt his stock alot at the combine. 10 would be way too high to take him. Heres a little blurb I read about his efforts.

Money Losers
Chad Greenway, LB Iowa – Considered by any to be a top fifteen pick, Greenway had just short of a disastrous combine. A lackluster 4.74 time in the 40 coupled with a pathetic sixteen reps in the bench press could move Greenway closer to the bottom of the first round. Greenway was to work at safety for scouts and some may view him as a better prospect there. Either way, Greenway is still a fine football player but his performance shows how quickly a players stock can fluctuate during this process.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Not only that, but he also measured in at 6'2. Rather than his listed 6'4.

Stay away.