Will Kurt Warner make the Hall of Fame?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Has he done enough to qualify? Keeping in mind his accuracy rating, his two MVP awards his Super Bowl MVP and career completion percentage.

Does he have enough personal achievements at this point to possibly make it or does he need to be a starter for a few more seasons?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say hes in.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Does he qaulify? Yes.

It would depend on when he was eligible is when. You have to take in the factor of your retirement class. For instance..

Farve retired this year, along with Sapp. Strahan isn't too far a possibility to join them. That isn't shabby at all for a class. But Sapp would get the snub IMO, because he isn't a record holder. Does Sapp deserve the HOF? yes. I know there are 5 or 6 that make it every year, but so many don't make it. Some it takes a long time.

Yes Warner is a HOFer, and still has some years in him, as a backup.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had 3 great years 1999 - 2001 then was injured for several years and lost his job to Bulger. Did nothing with the NY Giants and came to the Cards.
IMO borderline for the Hall of Frame. But he could squeeze in.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He had 3 great years 1999 - 2001 then was injured for several years and lost his job to Bulger. Did nothing with the NY Giants and came to the Cards.
IMO borderline for the Hall of Frame. But he could squeeze in.

I agree, I think he's close and could possibly get in, but not in his first try. It would also depend on his retirement class.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't underestimate the likeability factor. Ever since he stormed onto the nfl scene he's been a feel good story. That will carry through to when he is up for induction.

I think he's on the cusp. One more solid season would put him over the top, IMO.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
IMO, he's a lock. Any player who was the most prolific QB in the league for 3-4 years...and won a Super Bowl and was the MVP...would garner immediate consideration.

Of course, if he leads the Cardinals to a Super Bowl Championship, he'd be a first ballot lock!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
There might not be a bigger Warner fan on this board than me... However, I just can't see how he could get into the HOF for simply being great during a 3 year stretch... Every other QB in the HOF showed greater sustainability - in many cases MUCH greater sustainability - over their career versus Warner's 3 year stint...
I'd love to see a guy like Kurt in Canton, but I really don't believe it will happen...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is borderline.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO, he's a lock. Any player who was the most prolific QB in the league for 3-4 years...and won a Super Bowl and was the MVP...would garner immediate consideration.

Of course, if he leads the Cardinals to a Super Bowl Championship, he'd be a first ballot lock!

Add to the fact that Warner was torching a lot of records at that time and I think he'll be in eventually.

The HoF committee has stated they've over inducted offense lately, there's going to be a defensive swing back for a few years.

That will also be a determining factor. But like everyone else has said, it depends on his competition.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Nope. Sorry he doesn't cut it.

Hall of Very Good.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I confess I never really pay much attention to hall of fame stuff. It may matter to the players, not to me.

MVP stuff is even worse. NFL football is the consummate team game. To me, there is no such thing as an MVP of a league, season, team or even a single game. The entire concept is repugnant.

Pro Bowl stuff is worse yet. Making the pro bowl entails being popular and generating big individual statistics. Both not necessarily relevant to winning. The resulting bonuses are often a team onus and tend to make players resentful and guardedly jealous of playing time and personal playmaking opportunities.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
No, he won't. (I said this last season too.)

Barring his getting enough starts to go well over the 30,000 yard mark in his remaining years, and/or somehow winning another Super Bowl, he just doesn't have the career accomplishments to warrant it. He's got three (2.75, really) great years, and a few decent partial years. That's just not enough at the QB position.

I love the guy, and if he got to do his career over again, playing in the NFL the whole time, and getting the opportunities of a highly drafted QB, I'm quite certain he'd have been a HOFer. But as is? Won't happen.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He could get in because of ONE MAJOR ITEM

PERSONALITY

He's been an Amazing leader on and off the field.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It's possible, but it really depends on the next 2-3 years. If Matt goes down, and he plays like he did last season, he's got a shot. He played at an HOF level for three years. That is not enough IMO.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
3 years of good to great performance...

Has averaged 8 games a season since 2001...

LOVE Kurt. But is ain't gonna happen...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there are any NFL MVPs of the past say 30 years, that arent in the HOF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05