Will the Cards Foil the Dolphins’ Plan

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m not sure the Fins aren’t all that less likely to stumble into a win than the Cards. I predicted the Cards at 4-12, but that now appears optimistic, so what went wrong.
It starts with KK’s secret offense.
1 It appears on of the secrets was the offense would be based on 3yd passes.
2 Tell me again how Murray’s illusiveness would compensate for a poor OL.
3 I thought Carolina’s misdirection running game was the more creative offense
4 Mahomes shines because of superior decision making. Can Murray do that?
5 Do I see this offense improving throughout the season? Not really!
6 Murray throws lasers but his touch is questionable. Can he drop it in a box?
7 Murray does not show progression reads before throwing when he has time.
8 It doesn’t take much contact to drop Murray when he runs
9 A QB shouldn’t run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage without throwing the ball.
10 This play calling is so poor I wouldn’t know where to start; hard to correct
11 In fact this offense is not really creative; just a few misdirection wrinkles.
12 Not running this offense in preseason was a joke; no sense of reality.
13 There’s an awful lot of coach/QB ego; when will finger pointing start?
14 Where are the new confusing WR routes guaranteed to produce separation?
15 DJ should run 15 times a game from scrimmage

Then there’s the defense
1 They’d beat a team with poor TEs, but that would be an inter-squad game.
2 Slowest overall defense in the NFL
3 They were totally confused by Carolina’s RB crossing & misdirection patterns. No on-field leadership.
4 Sadly Suggs looks old.
5 Secondary looked confused by zone responsibilities
6 I thought they’d blitz more with an inexperienced QB. No consistent pressure.
7 Nothing creative about the defense. They just individually got beat.

The Cards decided to go all in on Murray. The entire draft and much of free agency was designed to make things easier for him. All that effort has failed miserably. Can Murray win in the NFL? I wouldn’t rule it out but I wouldn’t bet my house on it. He has much to fix.

I honestly can’t understand the play calling. There were few roll outs. There was no effective play action. Where were the deep throws? Murray rushed throws even when he didn’t have to do so. He underestimated the athleticism of the secondary and the pass rushers. He doesn’t seem to understand pass placement. I’ve yet to see a back shoulder throw. The throw to Sherfield was concerning. Instead of dropping the ball in a huge hole, Murray threw a high line drive. Yes the receiver should have caught it but too often Murray makes it harder to catch his passes. He also hasn’t learned to shift in the pocket. If pressured in the pocket he just breaks and tries to run. There’s great speed & athleticism there but is this an NFL QB? Time will tell but unless the play calling improves Cards’ fans will remain disappointed. We also have to wonder if KK can coach up Murray to let him grow beyond the confines of this offense. I think the Cards & Murray would be better served with an separate QB coach. This offense needs to find a way to capitalize on Murray’s talent. That means more throwing on the run. More play action and misdirection. Free Murray! If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. You can’t win playing in fear. I thought this would be a fun year. It appears I was wrong.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Nope cards already have a tie and the dolphins will go 0-16. Their closest game so far they lost by 25.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It sucks that we tied vs Detroit.... I would love to see if Keim still had a job if we picked a QB in round one three years in a row. :biglaugh:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please address the title. I am interested as I don't believe the Dolphins will go QB #1.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this post is ridiculous. The cards are way, way better than the dolphins.

Yes, they played like crap yesterday after the first drive in the third quarter - they also were in the game with the Ravens till the very end in an early game on the road.

Talk about overreaction. This years team is twice as good as last years, and that team got 3 wins somehow.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really?
Are you thinking they trade down from the #1 spot?

Trading down to someone that needs a QB will be tough. Next year is a loaded QB class. They may not be ready for a #1 QB. I wouldn't trust a #1 QB to a Brian Flores staff.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trading down to someone that needs a QB will be tough. Next year is a loaded QB class. They may not be ready for a #1 QB. I wouldn't trust a #1 QB to a Brian Flores staff.
Lawd have mercy on those Miami Dolphins season ticket holders.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry about them. If they didn't know they should have. It's history.
Why? Dolphins playoff history dwarfs the Cards.That said this Dolphins team is a mess.Their leading rusher has 70 yards after 3 games.Every team knows Fitzpatrick/Rosen are forced to pass.Zero running game.Might end up worse offensively than the first Tampa Bay team under John McKay.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this post is ridiculous. The cards are way, way better than the dolphins.

Yes, they played like crap yesterday after the first drive in the third quarter - they also were in the game with the Ravens till the very end in an early game on the road.

Talk about overreaction. This years team is twice as good as last years, and that team got 3 wins somehow.
Yea I have a feeling this thread will be bumped in about a month or so.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am so glad Invisibella was "active" yesterday. It doesn't really matter the Cards have been in games, so to speak. The fact is they don't know how to win at all. They will be battling Miami for the no. 1 pick.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

6 wins this year?

Be interesting to see that happen.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Twice as good as utter worthlessness is still terrible. Where on this remaining schedule to you see 3 realistic wins?

vs. Seattle (Nope)
@Cincy (Nope)
vs. ATL (Nope)
@NYG (Nope)
@ New Orleans (Nope)
vs. SF (Nope)
@TB (Nope)
@SF (Nope)
Bye (Yes!)
vs. LA Rams (Nope)
vs. Pitt (Possible)
vs. Cleveland (Nope)
@Seattle (Nope)
@LA Rams (Nope)

1-14-1

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Twice as good as utter worthlessness is still terrible. Where on this remaining schedule to you see 3 realistic wins?

vs. Seattle (Nope)
@Cincy (Nope)
vs. ATL (Nope)
@NYG (Nope)
@ New Orleans (Nope)
vs. SF (Nope)
@TB (Nope)
@SF (Nope)
Bye (Yes!)
vs. LA Rams (Nope)
vs. Pitt (Possible)
vs. Cleveland (Nope)
@Seattle (Nope)
@LA Rams (Nope)

1-14-1
What kind of TE is on the Bye's roster?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6 wins this year?

Be interesting to see that happen.

I said they were twice as good - that does not mean they will win 6 games, but that is possible. Remember 2 of the games they won last year was against San Francisco the 2nd worst team last year and they were flukes. Flukes happen, and this version of the cards is going to just outscore a couple teams.

I do not understand why people are so angry.

Carolina is a more talented team than the Cardinals. The thing that has held them back the last year is Cam Newton. Just having a quarterback capable of throwing to open receivers makes them much better.

Seriously - name the positions the cards have more talent than carolina. Other than QB, and maybe edge rushers I don't think there is one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously - name one position the cards have more talent than carolina. Other than QB, and maybe edge rushers I don't think there is one.

Our Kicker an Punter could run circles around the Panthers Kicker and Punter. So the Cards have that going for them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

vs. Seattle (Nope)
@Cincy (Nope)
vs. ATL (Nope)
@NYG (Nope)
@ New Orleans (Nope)
vs. SF (Nope)
@TB (Nope)
@SF (Nope)
Bye (Yes!)
vs. LA Rams (Nope)
vs. Pitt (Possible)
vs. Cleveland (Nope)
@Seattle (Nope)
@LA Rams (Nope)

1-14-1

The giants, 1-2 games out of our four with Seattle and San Fran, Cinci, Pitt, Cleveland, Tampa Bay are all winnable.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our Kicker an Punter could run circles around the Panthers Kicker and Punter. So the Cards have that going for them.

Not their regular kicker Gano - he is one of the best. Maybe we got them at punter, but he got hurt by halftime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan