Wilson to be fined?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some sites are suggesting AW will be fined for his "dirty" hit to Edwards.

I guess we shall see.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Did Aeneas get fined for his hit on Steve Young? I honestly can't remember.

The hit was clean. Normally you don't get fined for clean hits. He did not lead with his helmet or hit Edwards in the head or knees. Perfectly legal hit IMO.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Was it helmet-to-helmet?? The jumbo-tron made it look like he led with his shoulder.

If it was helmet-to-helmet, he will be fined AND suspended

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way he should be fined for the hit on Edwards. Now kneeing Lynch in the face could be a problem.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it dirty, but I wouldn't call it clean either. I would call it a late night Skinamax hit. I say a fine, but no suspension since it was not helmet to helmet, but it was way late.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it dirty, but I wouldn't call it clean either. I would call it a late night Skinamax hit. I say a fine, but no suspension since it was not helmet to helmet, but it was way late.

It may have been helmet to helmet but it was not a late hit.

Bigdez22

Registered
Reaction score
That was a clean hit, Edwards waited for the route to develop and it cost him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Way Late??? The official was right there. If it were a late hit, then there would have been a flag. It was a perfectly clean & legitimate hit. If there's a fine, it'll be because of the Lynch hit.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Late? Absolutely not. And, he hit him with his shoulder in the chest. It was as clean as the rules allow.

Pendy

Reaction score
it was too close to helmet to helmet to not be fined and probably suspension...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't late, didn't seem to be helmet to helmet...but if I were a Bills fan I might take umbrage at the way he seems to drive him to the ground even though he had to know the ball was gone.

JMHO

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't late, didn't seem to be helmet to helmet...but if I were a Bills fan I might take umbrage at the way he seems to drive him to the ground even though he had to know the ball was gone.

JMHO

If he's fined, it will purely be because it was a QB. Which would be a shame, it was a good football play. It's not at all like the hit on Boldin last week which was instantly clear that it should've been flagged.

For perspective, compare it to the hit on Leinart that put him out for the season last year. That wasn't fined or suspended, and it was a very similar play.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Textbook blindside clean hit...Trent got a concussion when his head hit the ground.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

JMHO

I agree. The only thing that was questionable was the driving into the ground.

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
where in the hell is aw supposed to put his head....that was total textbook....facemask up...he just lit Edwards up!!

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't dirty, but when you have helmet to helmet contact and the QB gets hurt, you will get fined.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't dirty, but when you have helmet to helmet contact and the QB gets hurt, you will get fined.

If it was helmet to helmet, it would've been dirty and he would be fined. It was a clean hit, period. If they don't want QBs hurt, call them down on a two-hand tag.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If it was helmet to helmet, it would've been dirty and he would be fined. It was a clean hit, period. If they don't want QBs hurt, call them down on a two-hand tag.

I think two flags around the waist would be more fitting :raccoon:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, no, no guys. If there is a fine it will be because his name is Adrian Wilson and he has a rep for this. If Rolle had made the hit no one would be saying anything IMO.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
He lead with the shoulder and when you drive someone down, its what doctor said.. where is he supposed to put his head? There was helmet to helmet contact, watch it again and you will see, but he wasn't head hunting hence why I say it wasn't dirty.