With our second pick...

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Colin Parker. I think that Lorenzo Alexander can be a two-down ILB if need be. I probably like Reggie Walker more than most.

I don't think you expend draft capital on an ILB when that's a completely replaceable part (look at the free agency pool right now), and the guy you pick isn't going to be a playmaker. It doesn't make sense to spend a Round 1-4 pick on an ILB because Washington's going to be out 4 games.

Like, if Manti Te'o is still on the board in the 2nd round, I guess you can go ahead and pick him, bit I think that you're going to have to force things a little bit when the needs are so pressing at TE, OLB, S, OG, etc.

This, because you do not go nuts on draft day because your LB is out for four games. The draft can fix current issues at times but it is usually for the future you draft guys with the team as a whole building from the talent available when you pick and then they mature. Walker is no stud but probably better than any rookie you could chunk in for those four games.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
And that's fine, you're just pushing up the timetable of when you "force" the higher grade.

Similarly, if we draft Kenny Vaccaro at #7 overall, and in round 2 Jonathan Cyprien is at the top of our draft board, we're not going to draft him, either. Is that not taking BPA? Of course not, it's making the most of your assets.

I can't tell if you're being obtuse, or just arguing because you're bored.

If your draft board works out where you have someone rated substantially higher than everyone else but he plays a position you can't justify drafting because of what's already on your roster, that's when you start calling teams to try and trade down.