Wolf says that Vikings game to be flexed

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Favre is playing MVP-caliber ball, and AP is a monster, but we now have a legitimate running game[up to 94 yds a game] and if Kurt stays healthy this week, which amazingly I care more about than the W, The Cards have a real shot!!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Favre is playing MVP-caliber ball, and AP is a monster, but we now have a legitimate running game[up to 94 yds a game] and if Kurt stays healthy this week, which amazingly I care more about than the W, The Cards have a real shot!!
have a shot :confused:. The Cards can play with and beat anybody in the NFL. They should win the game. The only thing that sucks about it being at night is we'll have to lsiten to an extra 90 minutes about Favre.By listening to the announcers, I think it may be until the 2nd quarter before we even know that the Cards are playing against Favre.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
have a shot :confused:. The Cards can play with and beat anybody in the NFL. They should win the game. The only thing that sucks about it being at night is we'll have to lsiten to an extra 90 minutes about Favre.By listening to the announcers, I think it may be until the 2nd quarter before we even know that the Cards are playing against Favre.
Well, if the Cards come out rolling early and stick it to them, the announcers will be forced to talk about us. Kurt and Larry will get their fair share of airtime.

Luckily, I don't care what the annoucers have to say, because I will be at the game.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan;2132595.By listening to the announcers said:
I think the greybeards angle will be played up big time. And if Kurt is healthy and plays well we're going to hear a lot of "Two future Hall of Famers on the field."

I think we kind of take Kurt for granted, in a good way, but he's got fans all over the country because of his life off the field. Going to have a lot of people that aren't necessarily Cards fans cheering for him. (Same with Fitz. People like him as an individual.)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

I think most people are remembering the stinker last year vs. the Vikes. Cards lost ugly and the Vikes have gotten better this year. :bang:

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
favre has had 5 times the amount of time to throw the ball than Warner has had this year.

Plus the vikes have what I consider one of the top 3 pass rushers in the league besides a very awesome middle of the defensive line.The other DE is no slouch either.

We've GOT to employ some kind of extra protection like the pats used against the colts Freeney and Mathis and it worked out just great.We can't just go 4 wide and leave Gandy with his pelvis and Levi out on an island in a vikes game this year.Jarod Allen is just too talented and relentless one on one.

Time to revamp how we think when playing the special pass rushers.We may end up with the Colts again in Miami and need to use the same updated pass blocking schemes WE HAVE'NT SEEN YET.

The vikes will probably be content with just rushing 4 and giving Kurt a tough road to pick a window to throw through.Its time we come up with some new plays that involve a TE or RB that chip blocks then releases after he's done his job right.Hightower is a great chip blocker when given the chance.

Greenway is a great lb for the vikes out of Iowa and is coming along nicely for them.I do think we can take advantage of him if we can have a game where our balls are'nt batted down at the LOS.

Coach Whiz is gonna have to watch a ton of film to come up with a gameplan for this weeks game and also next weeks game.I mean a ton.

Other teams have had success on the vikes.Steelers being one.Yes the vikes turned the ball over and twice it was turned into either a score or a scoring opportunity.Yet they can be beaten.

I just don't know how we cover their team speed in Harvin and Rice who are making circus catches out of everything favre throws.Warner and favre go way back.Both have had horrible games against each other.Favre threw 6 interceptions in a playoff game with the rams in 2001 as the rams went on to the SB against the pats.Yet last year Warner had a panther game against the Jets with favre and then had a pretty good second half in trying to catch up.I'd love to see Kurt have that kind of time to read the defense and pick a guy to throw too.

Thats why so many long passes are completed by the vikes.favre can wait till his speed recievers get seperation way down field and then just throw it for all its worth and the run under it.

titans come first this week and we can't afford to have any injuries going into the vikes game.That would be the key.We HAVE to beat the 9ers the next week as a more important game anyway.That puts the 9ers out of the picture for the season.

I truly see the vikes being the team we play again in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.Not the saints.

Thats just my personal opinion anyway which is nothing.Just watch the Patriots rip the saints a new one this MNF.Jermon Bushrod the OLT will be dominated and brees will go down.I predict 4 sacks at least.

My main focus of this long post was to say we MUST improve our scheme against the best pass rushers in the league.We play a couple good DE's this week in Nashville.One had 2 sacks last week alone.But they don't even compare to Jared Allen who we'll play on National Television on Sunday Night at home.Even though I can see a purple crowd again like last season due to the economy and CARDINAL fans selling their seats to the diehard viking fans who have lost 4 Superbowls and are thinking this IS THE YEAR.Shame I know.I don't want another Nationwide embarrassment like the Colts game or worse.

We've tried so hard this year and have broken the 9 year Superbowl losers curse.Not to be embarrassed at home again.PLEASE NO!!!Build a protection scheme for the whole game.No 4 wide no protection schemes like mike martz used as the quarterback killer of alltime.

AzWins23

Reaction score
Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen Block Jared Allen

:yeahthat:

That guy bothers the crap out of me. He is a great football player and I would love to have him on the Cardinals but when he takes off his helmet I cringe when they show him on TV. It's like a rat got into his bed and nested in this guys hair.

He wants to grow a mullet but he doesn't have enough hair for the "business up front" so he just shaves the sides and grows the party in the back.

I've seen that done before and Kevin Greene did alright with it, but Allen's hair hasn't seen any shampoo since the mullet was a popular haircut.

I could be mistaken about all of this but no one will be able to convince me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05