Wondering about Nash

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
How many more years does this guy have in the tank? 2-3 mabe?

LB have a chance with the suns after next yr? I am sure he's gonna want some cash.
Boris should be resigned.
Draft a center or guard?

Wu banga

Reaction score
Draft a center to put amare at the 4 and marion at the 3 the bell or possibly lbj at the 2 then nash at the 1. Thats alot of money though.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft a center at #21? His butt won't ever get off the bench. There is no such thing as a center in the NBA except for Shaq, especially on the Suns. The rest are stiffs. D'Antoni won't draft a center. We play three small forwards as it is right now. "When" Amare comes back we will force every team's 5 to the bench with fouls and speed. Diop will be on the floor for two seconds before Avery pulls him and we know how Damp did last year.

Last edited:

Nash

Reaction score
Nash - I think atleast 2 yrs, provided we draft/buy a good PG to back him up.

Draft: pick a PG if there are any left. Marcus/Rondo. I don't know how good a PG Diaz is. Definitely not a center. Like Folster said, there is no C in our game. And yes there are just 2 C's in the NBA - Shaq and Yao. The latter is not great but is one of the best C's which says quite a bit about the others in the NBA.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nhas has got 2 more GREAT years left in and I think 2 good years left in him, with heavily reduced minutes ala Stockton towards the end of his career.

We need to find our PG of the future and start grooming him so we cna transition as easily as possible from one ear to another.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Nash can finish his contract(3 or 4 years) with great play but we need a good back-up point guard so Nash can get a good amount of rest and we don't rely on him as much. 34-36 minutes would be good for him next year. Then it should be more like 30. Next year has got to be our year to win. It's our best chance before we have to get rid of some salary.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He keeps himself in great shape, He needs a backup to give him rest, and With Amare back we should beable to rest Nash alot more and just feed the ball to Amare.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I think Nash could player 2 more years (Keeping the Suns the way they are). But then again I could also see him player 2 strong years then also 2 more years playing 15-25 minutes a game.

I don't think Barbosa is a backup/sucessor to Nash. He's definatley more of a SG in this system. I'd rather see us have Diaw at PG rather than draft or putting LB there.

Damn just imagine a lineup of:
Diaw
Barbosa/OTHER?
Bell
Marion
Amare

Djaughe

Reaction score
JAndrews said:
...LB have a chance with the suns after next yr? I am sure he's gonna want some cash...

IMO (with no stats to bring in) barbosa seems more effective coming off the bench and shifting the game to a higher speed. So I'm not really convinced that he's really close to becoming a starter.

With that said...draft a guard instead of a center.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
I'd rather see us have Diaw at PG rather than draft or putting LB there.
Diaw trying to run the point is exactly why he was considered a throw-in in the trade with Atlanta. When the Suns gave him a shot at the backup position behind Nash during training camp, D'Antoni was uncertain of Diaw's future. All of that changed ONLY went he moved to center, where he creates numerous mismatches with his speed, footwork, and versatility. He's NOT a PG, but as a center, he's a very skilled passer.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
I think Nash could player 2 more years (Keeping the Suns the way they are). But then again I could also see him player 2 strong years then also 2 more years playing 15-25 minutes a game.

I don't think Barbosa is a backup/sucessor to Nash. He's definatley more of a SG in this system. I'd rather see us have Diaw at PG rather than draft or putting LB there.

Damn just imagine a lineup of:
Diaw
Barbosa/OTHER?
Bell
Marion
Amare

Isn't this the same lineup we have next season, just without Nash? Usually there is a little more "imagination" in the imagine this lineup posts.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Diaw trying to run the point is exactly why he was considered a throw-in in the trade with Atlanta. When the Suns gave him a shot at the backup position behind Nash during training camp, D'Antoni was uncertain of Diaw's future. All of that changed ONLY went he moved to center, where he creates numerous mismatches with his speed, footwork, and versatility. He's NOT a PG, but as a center, he's a very skilled passer.
Why is it only Point Guard or Center? Now that he's developed as a 1-on-1 player offensively (better than Marion in that regard), how about Forward?

That's where Boris belongs. With him and Raja Bell, along with Nash, Amare and whoever, and the willingness to go beyond 7 players, we'd be ready to challenge for the championship.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Isn't this the same lineup we have next season, just without Nash? Usually there is a little more "imagination" in the imagine this lineup posts.

How can I be creative. That's the lineup of the future.... And I love it. Here's my creative Suns 2006 Roster:

PG - Gary Payton
SG - Charles Barkley
SF - Michael Jordan
PF - Shaquille O'Neal
C - Boris Diaw

Gaddabout said:
All of that changed ONLY went he moved to center, where he creates numerous mismatches with his speed, footwork, and versatility. He's NOT a PG, but as a center, he's a very skilled passer.

Diaw would create even more mismatches at the PG. Diaw is a hell of a passer and has done well bringing the ball down the court when needed. I'd like to see Boris learn a bit more from Nash and drive to the hoop, then kick it out. Because I think Boris would be able to do it even better than Nash.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Diaw would create even more mismatches at the PG. Diaw is a hell of a passer and has done well bringing the ball down the court when needed. I'd like to see Boris learn a bit more from Nash and drive to the hoop, then kick it out. Because I think Boris would be able to do it even better than Nash.

But Diaw struggled at PG in Atlanta and early on for the Suns, for a variety reasons, but namely he's not very quick for a PG. If he had any advantage at PG, he'd still be playing that position. D'Antoni expressed concern how he would even use Diaw in the rotation. His early performance here was that bad.

I think you're seriously undervaluing the primary reason Diaw was MIP this year. Besides the fact he's in a system that values passing, Diaw runs circles around opposing centers on the offensive side of the ball. He does not have that advantage as a PG.

BC, I think Diaw will eventually settle in at small forward, but I wonder how effective he will be there matched up against guys with similar size and, on some occassions, a step or two on the Frenchman. Diaw's shot has improved, but he's still not a guy you want shooting from the corner with regularity. I think he has a lot of game to work on before I call that move worth getting excited about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05