Worst accents

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Mmmm... Maureen O'Hara... mmmm...

:D

(Actually, Quiet Man was one damn fine film)

Maureen O'Hara is by far the sexiest woman I have EVER seen on the silver screen...wow!!! :D She's not supermodel rail-thin, she never wore midriff shirts, blah blah blah...she's simply gorgeous. And, she can act to boot. I can't count how many better points that gives her than Cameron Diaz Lol.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's my favorite John Wayne movie ever. Okay, so I'm biased, as I love all things Irish (as the name Stout would indicate), but this was a good film...

'Is that a bed...or a parade ground? A man would have to be a sprinter to catch his wife in that!'

Excellent writing and excellent acting. Ward Bond pulls off a priest which, as I'm sure Chaplin knows, is NOT his type of role, normally. Victor McGlauchlin (Spelling?)...well, he's just good at the big, bellowing bully. Fitzgerald as Flynn? Incredible. Even Francis Ford (Grandfather, I believe, of Francis Ford-Coppola? I could be mistaken), older brother of the director John Ford, makes an appeareance as the irrascible old man.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By far one of the worst was Tom Cruise and his attempt at an Irish accent in Far and Away!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
By far one of the worst was Tom Cruise and his attempt at an Irish accent in Far and Away!

How about Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent in "Mary poppins"?

Ugh!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay, I watched Robin Hood this weekend......for the record, on the DVD, they said that Kevin Costner's accent was so bad they had him to am American accent.........Morgan Freeman lost hist accent about halfway through....and Christian Slater kept his throughout...albeit sucky

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22