Would Jake have beaten the Pack last sunday??

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was talking this over with a friend (Eagles clown) and he and I agreed that Jake wouldn't have. I know he had an awesome game monday night, but I really feel that the old Snake would hve surfaced against GB. I thought Jeff Blake did a good job distributing the ball sunday, and although I didn't see the game, form what I can gather from you guys, when he did face a pass rush he didn't exhibit the panic sometimes Mr. Plummer showed. He merely sidestepped or hustled to get the rock out of there. I said all along when we signed JB, that he may not posess all of Jakes physical skills, but he is and will be better in the long run for us than Jake was because he doesn't commit that killer mistake. All that said, I feel pretty confident about Sunday. If JB starts out like he did aginst Detroit week one and we minimize the mistakes, we can beat those bums. Wht do you guys think? Peace gang.

pinnacle

Reaction score
along the same lines..but I was thinking over this past week - why is jeff blake rated by general managers in the NFL as like the 30th starting qb (or worse) in the league?...If the Cardinals would have gone with a young guy (i.e. bypassed kordell, blake and plummer) - blake probably would have gone somewhere as a backup. I suppose it is age - but does anyone remember that some qbs have had quite a bit of success late in their careers. Rich gannon is ancient compared to Blake. Blake is pretty much the same age as jeff garcia, tommy maddux, kerry collins.

Blake seems to have a great attitude, says all the right things, is a good field general (well...except for the play clock thing - not sure what that is all about), athletic, etc. etc... He is supposedly too small..but I swear he does not look that small on the field - at the 2 home games he appeared to be a decent size qb.. guys like favre and plummer are listed as 6' 2"...blake is listed as 6'1" - but all of them are probably a couple of inches shorter.

In summary..I do not get it. I thought when we signed him (and still do think so) that he should be in the 15 - 20 range (rank of starting qbs). I think he is a good football player.

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
the answer is no. you have to step up in the pocket to beat the pack, you cant run around like crazy people and beat them.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle

In summary..I do not get it. I thought when we signed him (and still do think so) that he should be in the 15 - 20 range (rank of starting qbs). I think he is a good football player.

your right, hes a little on the short side. and he doesn't have the pedigree that keeps peoples attention. I believe he was a sixth round pick.

He never played in a playoff game. he spent his best years with average bengles teams.

I don't think theres any type of "conspiracy" going on. But you do wonder why a guy like Kordell would get a look before blake would. again maybe it was just because kordell took the steelers to the playoffs.

who knows. but we should count ourselves lucky. Blake will probably start here for at least another year. hopefully, we pick up a franchise qb in between now and then.

and to answer the original question:

there is no way in heck that jake beats the slackers this past sunday.

Last edited:

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Crimson Warrior
He never played in a playoff game. he spent his best years with average bengles teams.

I think his "best" years are going to be with us

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by phillycard
I was talking this over with a friend (Eagles clown) and he and I agreed that Jake wouldn't have. I know he had an awesome game monday night, but I really feel that the old Snake would hve surfaced against GB. I thought Jeff Blake did a good job distributing the ball sunday, and although I didn't see the game, form what I can gather from you guys, when he did face a pass rush he didn't exhibit the panic sometimes Mr. Plummer showed. He merely sidestepped or hustled to get the rock out of there. I said all along when we signed JB, that he may not posess all of Jakes physical skills, but he is and will be better in the long run for us than Jake was because he doesn't commit that killer mistake. All that said, I feel pretty confident about Sunday. If JB starts out like he did aginst Detroit week one and we minimize the mistakes, we can beat those bums. Wht do you guys think? Peace gang.

What Physical skills does Jake has? a noodle arm? a weak arm QB? Jake's passes looks like a duck when he lets go of the ball while Blake's pass is like a cannon shot out of his arms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05